• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Dark Cry: The Legend of Giratina!

mitchel1

Rom-hacker/scripter
Years
[Alpha 2.1.5 released]

Pokémon Dark Cry: The Legend of Giratina - Alpha 2.1.5
fmt8bt.png

Hi, there! After 2 years and 3 months of hacking, testing and a bit of downtime, it's now my honor to announce that alpha 2.1.5 now official has been released!
In this alpha version, You're ready to discover a new region called: Trion! So far, sadly enough, only the first peaceful village: Longhorn Village, the rough route 601, The shiny caves of Trion: Mt. Hydronic, the lovely city: Atlernion City, the magnificent Purity Forest, the rocky route 602, The enchanting cave: Xanateos Cave and the informal great Itacis City are available.
Furthermore, you'll be able to challenge the gym-leaders Gesina and Taivas, play the first 20 unique side quests and reveal the secret of the almighty disorder POKéMON!
This alpha version ends after beating the second gym, and you, unfortunately, will not be able to continue your journey to route 603!

New Key Features
icon-features.png

- Some D/P/P sprited 1st gen, 2e gen and 3e gen inserted!
- Daily Missions are available!
- Become good or evil!
- Headbutt capabilities!
- Old bugs that caused alot of problems (*kuch* count script *kuch*) has been solved!
- Collect trion tokens, and become the collector master!
- Brand new trainer sprites!
- Few more hidden maps!
- New graphical additions!

Bugs and Glitches
30lyuir.png

Minor impact: Still need to be resolved, but doesn't do any harm!
BOLD: Still need to be resolved!
Green: I never could resolve!

giratina.png
: Bag layout seems like to change color after selecting a item
giratina.png
: POKéDEX mini-map (location POKéMON capture!) has still the old "KANTO" line.
giratina.png
: Capture a POKéMON in wild grass works perfect, but when you capture it and it appears in the "flash" POKéDEX the text (information) border remains black! This won't stay forever but it's a bug that we cannot fix for now, it has something to do with the battle background!
giratina.png
: When you use your town map it might occur that your location is different!
giratina.png
: When prof. Rowan call up the Shinx in the intro. The POKéBALL ''floats'' left of him.
giratina.png
: Costum trainer battle background has not been added yet!
giratina.png
: Due the weird cry table it might occur that there are a few cries that doesn't sound correct!
giratina.png
: Due a weird bug it reverse different POKéMON as correct during the WANTED event, besides that, you're still able to do these events!
giratina.png
: I'm aware that the OW in the Xanateos cave doesn't match the POKéMON that has been said! I forgot to insert it!
giratina.png
: Mom slides over the floor, instead of walking.

Fun knowledge from Dark Cry: TLoG
: POKéMON Dark Cry: TLoG also contains alot of side quests and mini-games. These make this hack more entertained to play!
157.gif
: Regular tiles like a window, radio's and Tree's might contain a behavior byte script! These make more things possible!
157.gif
: Be sure you activate your RTC! Otherwise some events? might won't work! Wonder how to activate your RTC? Options-->emulator-->Real Time Clock.

Don't do the following! (© protected!) (If you do I'll hunt you down with a blunt knife and cut your eye out, the header code hasn't changed for nothing!)
: Don't use/rip the tileset/pallets that has been inserted in dark cry: TLoG!
Primeape.gif
: Don't use/rip scripts or even part of scripts that has been inserted in dark cry: TLoG!
Primeape.gif
: Don't decompile ASM routlines and use them for your own!
Primeape.gif
: Don't use the tilemaps/RAW's that has been inserted in dark cry: TLoG!

Please report any errors you come across, detailing what happened and possibly providing screenshots to help. Make sure you check this list to see if the error has already been reported, though.

Frequently Asked Questions
icon-info.png

Question: The in-game time show 12:0 every time! Even when it's for example 15:40!
Answer: Be sure you activate your RTC! Otherwise some/many events won't work!

Question: It seems like I'm stuck in the Torn World! I can't jump to another platform!
Answer: I'm aware of this, the only thing you supposed to do is press the "A" button!

Special Thanks
icon-alerts.png

All fans: Support me to continue!
Everyone else who has put in the credit list!

w0iz5y.png

Version: Alpha 2.1.5 (hotfix 2.6.6, hotfix 2.6.7) - Read me file included
Release: april 23 '12
Created for: VBA 1.8.0 beta 3

© 2009 - 2012 Mitchel1 all rights reserved!
Original Pokémon characters and images belong to Pokémon USA, Inc. and Nintendo. This game has not been given by Nintendo, Creatures,
GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company, Pokémon USA, Inc., The Pokémon Company International, or Wizards of the Coast.

Last edited:

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Horay!The newest Alpha 2.1.5 finally released!I'll download it immediately!

And I have a suggestion for you:You'd better edit the title of this thread to let everybody know this,or they may cannot mention that the newer Alpha 2.1.5's out...

Last edited:

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
Sweet man! Great job on releasing Alpha 2.1.5! grabbing it now. Can't wait to play this and test out the new features.

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2016
how to complete the 1st Team Rocket quest?...it needs 20 second to do it, but when I return it say I take 274 sec?...I don get it..

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Sorry for posting again...But I have to say that there's a huge bug in the Tomb of Kha'laba...After I leave the chamber where Morris is and get the ancient chart in the next chamber,I cannot go back anymore!You must put the entrance event in a wrong spot!

mitchel1

Rom-hacker/scripter
Years
how to complete the 1st Team Rocket quest?...it needs 20 second to do it, but when I return it say I take 274 sec?...I don get it..

Hmm, that's awkward. Did you hold down the space bar during this event? This causes to increase the counting.
If this isn't the solution, did this happend after the package delevery?

Wow, already? o.O
This was too quick, Mitchel :D

Yeah, ash. And this gave a lot of problems. On the other hand is this a good excuse to release tonight a hot fix what solves the recent found bugs. I hope more people will find some so they can be fixed!

Sorry for posting again...But I have to say that there's a huge bug in the Tomb of Kha'laba...After I leave the chamber where Morris is and get the ancient chart in the next chamber,I cannot go back anymore!You must put the entrance event in a wrong spot!

Thanks for reporting, please continue finding (or not) bugs! These will be immediately solved tonight. Then I'll release HOTFIX alpha 2.2.6!

Sweet man! Great job on releasing Alpha 2.1.5! grabbing it now. Can't wait to play this and test out the new features.

Thanks qaz!

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
Well I just finished the entire thing after I beat the 2nd Gym Leader. I am thinking about doing a video walkthrough up to that point expressing my opinions on the entire thing, as well as point out "a" very specific glitch. Overall I lurve this hack and would love to see this fully completed. Oh yeah and I am also new to the forums pleased to meet you all.

Last edited:

mitchel1

Rom-hacker/scripter
Years
Arrrghh...it says it's a stupid .ups file! I swear, I can never do these right. Lol -___-;

patcher: tsukuyomi
1. first open up the patcher and click apply patch to new file
2. under patch ups file.. put the ups file there the one you downloaded
3. under source put the rom itself
4.under target to write...rename the game to what ever..BUT YOU MUST ADD THE (.GBA)
The just hit apply patch wait a few secs then you are done
put your patched rom into your rom folder and start playing.
(Original explain from qaz, I was to lazy to write it myself xD)

Well I just finished the entire thing after I beat the 2nd Gym Leader. I am thinking about doing a video walkthrough up to that point expressing my opinions on the entire thing, as well as point out "a" very specific glitch. Overall I lurve this hack and would love to see this fully completed. Oh yeah and I am also new to the forums pleased to meet you all.

Great to hear you liked this hack! Could you be so kind to tell me this "glitch" I wouldn't mind if it's here or trough PM. So I can fix this with the upcomming hotfix. Thanks Dylan!
Oh, and welcome to this forum, I hope you'll have a great time here!

MarthGan

Master Of Bird Pokemon
Years
  • Age 27
  • STL!
  • Seen May 18, 2013
Wow, That was hard! (maybe because I only use Flying Pokemon)
Anyways love the game and love that pidgey is in the game! Thanks, You're one of the best.

MarthGan

mitchel1

Rom-hacker/scripter
Years
Pokémon Dark Cry: The Legend of Giratina - HOTFIX 2.6.6
fmt8bt.png

Since this ain't a official release, this hotfix will replace the original patch for alpha 2.1.5! This will restore some nasty bugs that stopped you from exploring the trion region!

Hot fixes!
icon-features.png

- Wild pokemon encounter at Mythical forest!
- POKéCENTER glitch!

w0iz5y.png

Click here!
Explain: Simply click the big blue download button at the original alpha 2.1.5 post!
Release: april 23 '12
Created for: VBA 1.8.0 beta 3

© 2009 - 2012 Mitchel1 all rights reserved!
Original Pokémon characters and images belong to Pokémon USA, Inc. and Nintendo. This game has not been given by Nintendo, Creatures,
GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company, Pokémon USA, Inc., The Pokémon Company International, or Wizards of the Coast.

Last edited:

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
patcher: tsukuyomi
1. first open up the patcher and click apply patch to new file
2. under patch ups file.. put the ups file there the one you downloaded
3. under source put the rom itself
4.under target to write...rename the game to what ever..BUT YOU MUST ADD THE (.GBA)
The just hit apply patch wait a few secs then you are done
put your patched rom into your rom folder and start playing.
(Original explain from qaz, I was to lazy to write it myself xD)

Great to hear you liked this hack! Could you be so kind to tell me this "glitch" I wouldn't mind if it's here or trough PM. So I can fix this with the upcomming hotfix. Thanks Dylan!
Oh, and welcome to this forum, I hope you'll have a great time here!

Well the glitch was fixed, I guess someone got to it before me. But it basically was the wall glitch in the tomb. Oh yeah and since the new update 2.6.6 how do I patch it so that it can keep my current save as well. Do I patch this patch to the same file or start from scratch again?

mitchel1

Rom-hacker/scripter
Years
Well the glitch was fixed, I guess someone got to it before me. But it basically was the wall glitch in the tomb. Oh yeah and since the new update 2.6.6 how do I patch it so that it can keep my current save as well. Do I patch this patch to the same file or start from scratch again?

Great to hear that it's the same glitch, this saved me another major hotfix patch. About your save file, what I recommend is save your present status with shift+F1 in the atlernion city pokecenter. Download the new patch and patch this from scratch (other words, a clean rom).

Name your new "rom" the same as the previous one. If it's correct you can load your state with F1. Now after that has been done, you can remove your .sgm file and save it the regular way.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Thanks chrunch! Well let that be my honor to explain that. Often I hear people say: "Damn, that trainer is way to hard! I shall train my POKéMON ten levels higher then normal and beat the crap out of her/him" My thoughts about that are... NO. (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
So as solution dark cry: TLoG now got the: automatic trainer level cap increase ©!
This actually checks your POKéMON party and recap the trainer his or her POKéMON to that level! So for example if you battle a trainer and your POKéMON is lvl.5 it checks this value and based on that level it increases or decrease automatically the POKéMON level from the trainer. ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

Maybe it's just me but I really don't like this idea. It completely eliminates the point of levelling if every trainer's level is automatically raised to say, 5 levels above you for example. Other than new moves, there would be no difference if you were level 5 or level 95 on the same route, because trainers would always be slightly stronger than you. It will also make the game extremely hard if you ever get stuck. For that reason I think I'll skip this game for now, may I suggest you release another version of it without it?

Back