• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 19, 2016
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmph what do you mean.. is their any harder version than this....? I know there isn't so.......

Oh how little you know >:P

Let me introduce you to..

nuzlocke(DOT)com/challenge.php

(Remove the DOT for .)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2016
Lv 53 Alakazam
(Psychic, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch)\

you should not have moveset like that, because the punch is physical attack, and it is severely nerfed.......

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 19, 2016
Lv 53 Alakazam

you should not have moveset like that, because the punch is physical attack, and it is severely nerfed.......

It makes him more well rounded. Can handle almost everything.

Hey guys, just posting to say that there'll be a sneaky nice new addition to LC within the next few days. I won't tell you what it is, but you should spot it pretty quickly once it HAS been inserted.

Also, a reminder not to ask me anything about the events in the game, as I had no part in their creation and as such, have no idea what happens. I haven't even managed to finished the hack yet, myself (due to horrendous luck with the Slowpoke Well bug).

I can help with things which are ASM or engine bugs, or even attempt to track down and fix bugs in scripting, but I know next to nothing about what happens in the game, sadly. :(

Will we be notified on the Liquid Crystal development page when it is added?

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Lv 53 Alakazam

If you don't want to have useless Alakazam (read: only Psychic sweeper), there's no other way.
And if it's possible I believe he uses Psychic to pwn everything.

Years
Precisely ASH493 has said i use Psychic many times but in many cases where i fight with a same type poke i chose elemental punches and believe me it works quite fine.... Fine enough to help me say that i began to think the elemental punches are special.. not physical.....

Beated Sabrina with:
Lv 58 Dragonite
Lv 59 Alakazam
Lv 58 Salamence
Lv 58 Poliwrath
Lv 59 Golem
Lv 15 Oddish

Beated Misty with:
Lv 63 Dragonite
Lv 62 Salamence
Lv 62 Alakazam
Lv 62 Golem
Lv 64 Meganium
Lv 64 Poliwrath

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Fine enough to help me say that i began to think the elemental punches are special.. not physical....

For the gazillionth time - The Elemental Punches are PHYSICAL, not special! We've run every possible check on them, they definitely use the physical stats of the relevant Pokémon.

Anyways, congrats on your run so far. I don't care what your team is, as long as you're enjoying the game! :)

Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2014
Ok, so I already looked back on how to do this, but I am still having problems - might be a glitch. I need to activate the pedastals, but I cant find the scientist on the beach. The thing is though, I am about to go to the orange islands (which is glitched also - the guy says the undersea train is still waiting to get back but the boards say the train is at the station). I need to know if I still need to progress through the story more or just restart my game or something...

Also found a glitch - the science building in goldenrod city, there is a guy that wants to teach your pokemon Dragon Claw. I waited until I could get a charizard in the story to teach it to him, but since I waited, it appears that the guy already taught my pokemon dragon claw, but I never actually taught any of them that move... apparently after the elite four, I guess he wont teach it to your party anymore - it goes right to the script where he tells you about the move

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2012
So. Tried to play 3.1 (patched onto a clean FR) and it allowed me to make a character and name it, but when it tried to phase into the overworld, the screen stayed black and the music stopped. Anyone know what's up? I'd really like to play the hack. Thanks.

Dragonight

Random guy!
Years
I had some trouble finding a fire stone (or any of the evolution stones for that matter)

But i'm currently at the Elite 4 and enjoying this game a lot!

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
For the gazillionth time - The Elemental Punches are PHYSICAL, not special! We've run every possible check on them, they definitely use the physical stats of the relevant Pokémon.

Anyways, congrats on your run so far. I don't care what your team is, as long as you're enjoying the game! :)

still cant believe people think the punches in this game are special...

yeah enjoy your elemental punches from alak with its measly atk stat (although its good enough for abra/kadabra early game)

a better moveset for alakazam in this hack would be something like:
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Reflect/Recover
Calm Mind/fire blast

somehthing that resist psychic/ghost? just use fire blast or switch lol

Years
@Jambo51: OOooops sorry I made you mad...and i am definitely enjoying the game bro...

ok ok people ill change Alakazam's movesets as people suggested..

Ahhhhhh sometimes i feel i should behave like a nooob..

Update:
Beated Brock with:
Lv 64 Poliwrath
Lv 62 Alakazam
Lv 62 Golem
Lv 64 Meganium
Lv 63 Dragonite
Lv 5 Bulbasaur

Beated Blaine with:
Lv 65 Poliwrath
Lv 67 Golem
Lv 64 Salamence
Lv 65 Alakazam
Lv 66 Meganium
Lv 65 Dragonite

I had some trouble finding a fire stone (or any of the evolution stones for that matter)

But i'm currently at the Elite 4 and enjoying this game a lot!
The evo stones are available through a guy who sells them in both regions..

Last edited:
Years
Can anyone check out heracross? He seems to be using his Special Att. stat for all of his moves. This was discovered by a friend of mine. Never really tried to train a hera coz i cant find one myself.

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2016
It's impossible, as i am using my heracross and use megahorn and brick break, he goes CURBSTOMPING, and it would be only possbile if he uses physical attack....

what's the moveset of heracross though, i seriously wonder

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 19, 2016
Well since it is so popular at the moment..

Beat E4 with

LV 50 Raikou
(Flash, Bite, Spark, and Strength)

LV 53 Scizor
(Dragon Claw, Metal Claw, Swords Dance, and Iron Defense)

LV 53 Typhlosion(Nicknamed "Pyro")
(Overheat, Rock Smash, Flame Wheel, and Iron Tail)

LV 52 Suicune
(Surf, Whirlpool, Cut, and Ice Beam)

LV 52 Latias
(Waterfall, Psychic, Recover, and Fly)

Lv 51 Exeggutor(Nicknamed "Eggy")
(Confusion, Sleep Powder, Leech Seed, and Egg Bomb

Doa

Analyzer
Years
I don't mean to be a harsh critic, but should I have any motivation for reaching the first Gym and going past?

I don't see this being superior in any way to any other Johto-based Pokemon games, at least at the beginning. Actually, adding the mysterious "I'm watching you" and reaction "What the h was that? Anyway..." to Elm's dialogue was unnecessary, and all the music I'd heard (except maybe the wild battle theme) was completely botched.

If any of my descriptions of the uninteresting 5 minutes I've spent are accurate to the rest of the game, are there any redeeming qualities that avert them? I've heard a lot of great things about this game only to be disappointed by the weak start.

I'd like to point out that I am not attempting to criticize in an unfair manner - I'm just confused as to why this hasn't impressed me near as much as what I'd expected.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
I don't mean to be a harsh critic, but should I have any motivation for reaching the first Gym and going past?

I don't see this being superior in any way to any other Johto-based Pokemon games, at least at the beginning. Actually, adding the mysterious "I'm watching you" and reaction "What the h was that? Anyway..." to Elm's dialogue was unnecessary, and all the music I'd heard (except maybe the wild battle theme) was completely botched.

If any of my descriptions of the uninteresting 5 minutes I've spent are accurate to the rest of the game, are there any redeeming qualities that avert them? I've heard a lot of great things about this game only to be disappointed by the weak start.

I'd like to point out that I am not attempting to criticize in an unfair manner - I'm just confused as to why this hasn't impressed me near as much as what I'd expected.

Sounds like you've been given unrealistic expectations and the game was never gonna live up to any expectations you had. The opening area of the game is where it shares most similarities with the original Crystal. Did you honestly expect the start of the game to be that different?

Music is subjective. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it's bad. It just means it isn't to your personal tastes. Personally, I enjoy the majority of the music.

Don't judge the game based on 5 minutes which are essentially a direct remake of Crystal, judge it on the later stuff.

Years
@Doa: yea dude don't judge something at the start and loose interest.. I guarantee you will find it interesting when you play it furthur...

Also Guys I changed My Alakazam's move as you suggested they are now:
Shadow Ball
Psychic
Ice beam
Calm Mind (still thinking to change it)... Any suggestions????

Beated Blue (Gary) with:
Lv 66 Dragonite
Lv 67 Golem
Lv 65 Salamence
Lv 65 Alakazam
Lv 66 Meganium
Lv 66 Poliwrath

another question...
I am currently at Mount silver and have recently battled Rival Zane there..I read previously that we can fight Red only after 2nd Elite four battle in which they have increased level poke team.. Do I just enter Mount Silver to find Red or head to elite four's??? Need help here.............

Back