• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2012 Survivor's Party @ Drakow's House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
I'm just praying that the damage will be minimal and we won't end up with significant lost of life, power outage and other craziness that happens =( Hopefully everyone will be ok!

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
My roommate is from South Carolina and he's used to warnings being, you know, actual warnings. So he was going on and on yesterday about how if we needed him to do any driving this week, it HAS to be this weekend because there's a warning for the hurricane in Southern Ontario.

We're still trying to convince him that an "alert" here literally just means "oh it's going to rain and be really windy for a few days and it'll be kind of gross looking outside just like it was last week". He won't take any of it and he's actually flipping out a little bit, aww. :(

I hope everyone actually in a danger zone is okay though!

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Speaking of natural disasters, the majority of Europe seems to be completely immune to them. There has only been a few natural disasters in the uk recently, most of them being flooding.

Well, one year ago we had an earthquake here in Spain. It only destroyed one town and it was the first one I had ever seen in my lifetime, though.

Platina Berlitz

Pure bliss
Years
I think the worst part of those types of storms is the wind. You can hear and even sometimes feel it. Haha, I jump entirely too much. When I visited my mother during a tropical storm you could feel the wind a fair bit inside and it always made me look up.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
*yawn*

Remember last year (was it?) when Manhattan was supposedly going to flood due to a hurricane? Yeah, that didn't happen.

There will be damage, elsewhere. For sure. Just don't focus so much on what the media is concentrating on. "Frankenstorm" is a dead giveaway of how their having a field day with this.

If it's a real threat where you are, be safe. If not, then just grab an umbrella.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
My mom had me help her put tape on the windows in case the wind ends up breaking them; that way, they'll only be cracked or something. I don't know.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
There was already a storm out here a couple of months ago, too. We don't need another one; especially a freaking hurricane! >:( Like, people pretty much just finished cleaning up the debris from the last storm; this one is going to much worse, most likely.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
I think I'm okay with clear blue skies and warm weather, it's probably the most ideal weather for me. I love going out in the night and there's a warm wind blowing, it feels really nice. :D
I'm the exact same way; blue skies and warm weather equals a perfect day. c:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
I like how it was snowing earlier. It`s not a giant blizzard or a storm, but it`s just lightly snowing. Looks too pretty *-*

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I like warm( not hot) weather and a nice breeze or just cool weather with no breeze. I dont like extreme cold or heat. I also dont mind the rain, it's nice and relaxing. I also like Thunderstorms. I do not like Hurricanes and Tornadoes :/ Luckily there has never been a tornado as long as Ive been here and there arent very many hurricanes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back