• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Harvest Moon Fan Club - Roundin' Up The Livestock!

SylphyStarr

SylpyStar
Years
Name: SylphyStarr
Favorite HM Game: Harvest Moon DS Cute
Reason for Joining: Harvest Moon is my all time favorite game franchise! (Yes above Pokemon even) And the only game series other than Pokemon that I have gotten really serious about. I absolutely love it and have played every nintendo system based game their is.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 30, 2023
Username: Mockingjay
Favorite HM Game: Yeaah, that's hard to pick... um, HM:Another Wonderful Life, maybe, or Rune Factory 1-3, or ToT, or AP, or -- ughhughughuhgh most of the ones I've played are my favorites
Reason for joining: I love Harvest Moon with all of my heart, along with Rune Factory. I have been obsessed since the age of 7, and I can't quite stop playing the games. I have never disliked a game, except for the case of Islands of Happiness... which was a terrible, horrible game. D:

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Welcome SylphyStarr and Mockingjay! c:

Sylphy, wow I don't know if I can say I love Harvest Moon more than Pokemon, although they're both extremely close for me XD I've been meaning to restart my DS Cute save file for some time now too, when I find time because once I start a Harvest Moon game I get really engaged in it, and my finals are coming up >>

Mockingjay, I've never given Rune Factory a chance because of how different it looks from the original Harvest Moon games, I should probably try it sometime but I do admit I'm a little wary. And yes, Islands of Happiness... we just won't discuss those games here haha ;_;

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 30, 2023
AzaleaLightning,
When I was younger, my dad and former stepmom got the game for both my former step brother and I. We both loved it, except he was too young to understand, and I just loved it because it was Harvest Moon + monsters.

The first game had a really long, nice plot, but the problem with it is that the controls were pretty bad IMO, and it just wasn't too great. The second one was a bit better; it had more functions, but the problem behind the battle system was a bit bleh to me. It just didn't work out nicely. Then came around the third game, which has a really short plot and the controls are perfect. It was like there was no happy in between, so I just played RF3 over and over again.

The fourth one is due release soon in North America, and I must say that I am really excited!

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Hopefully they find a nice compensation between plot and controls this time around, eh? :p

The only game I had a problem adjusting to was Back to Nature because of the diagonal tiles. I found myself holding the controller diagonally so I could adjust better XD I really want to give it another try when I get around to remembering which account I bought it on with my PS3 so I could download it again and give it another shot.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 30, 2023
I have looked at Back to Nature, and I never played it. Was it any good? I haven't heard anything even near decent about it.

In other news, I started up A New Beginning again, but with a new file. I need honeycombs. e_e

FiersomeLucia

The Blue Skies Will Appear...
Years
Username: FiersomeLucia
Favorite HM Game: Rune Factory 3: A Fantasy Of Harvest Moon
Reason For Joining: I love Harvest Moon. My first HM game was in Gameboy Advance though I forgotten the name because my cow always dies due to my negligence. Though, when I finally got a DS, one of my free games (that I chose) was RF2! Yay!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 30, 2023
Hi FiersomeLucia!

I see you like RF3. Are you excited for RF4? I cannnnt wait :D I loved RF2, but mostly because you could play as your son/daughter -- that's when it actually got interesting.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Username: FiersomeLucia
Favorite HM Game: Rune Factory 3: A Fantasy Of Harvest Moon
Reason For Joining: I love Harvest Moon. My first HM game was in Gameboy Advance though I forgotten the name because my cow always dies due to my negligence. Though, when I finally got a DS, one of my free games (that I chose) was RF2! Yay!

Welcome! It's nice to see another RF fan, diversity is good cx

Mockingjay, hoard as many honeycombs as you can e_e They only appear in the spring and fall too, I found that out halfway through summer after I'd wasted half the season looking for nonexistent honeycombs... uguu...

Oh no Isamu D: How far were you in the file? I tend to restart Harvest Moon games if I haven't played them in a long time or I'm not far in the file, so hopefully you didn't lose too much.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
Name Laugh, but y'all can call me Hannah.
Favorite HM Game Animal Parade, even though I haven't played it yet. lol.
Reason for Joining I wasn't really planning on joining, to be honest. I haven't been playing Harvest Moon lately, until I started playing More Friends of Mineral Town again. Oh, how I missed my daughter and Gray. Anyways, I love Harvest Moon. And I just had to join.

Cassiopeiia

Floating
Years
Hi! *~*
Eeeh, I hope it's okay for me to ask a question here even though I'm not a member of the club yet...

After my sister started playing Harvest Moon DS again I've been really tempted to get a game of my own. But there are quite a few of them, and I have no idea which one I want more...
Do any of you have any recommendations for me? :3

Basically, I simply want to play a relaxing and cosy game that allows for a lot of freedom and is not too challenging, but still addicting. From what I've seen of my sister playing,
socializing with the townspeople is one of the things that seems fun to me, I'd like there to be lots of quirky characters for me to get to know and help out with things,
I want to be a part of a small, cosy community. A fun story and likeable NPCs are more important to me than the actual farming-mechanics (which I'd prefer not be too complex).
The music needs to be good. And, I would like to be able to play as a girl, and perhaps also customize myself and other things as well.
It has to be on either the DS or the Playstation 2 (or possibly the PS3, or the Vita).

... I realise I might be a little demanding, but I really appreciate it if anyone has an idea of which game would suit me best! ^-^

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 30, 2023
I've been playing Harvest Moon A New Beginning recently, and I've just noticed that the game is terribly translated. There are so many grammatical errors, and a lot of the sentences make no sense.

"Go to Kohana for sundries. If you need anything, let me know." This is said by the little old lady running the general store in town. Is she trying to tell me to go to Kohana, or is she telling me that she goes to Kohana? If the case is the second option, then it is like much of the rest of the game: many sentences are lacking a subject.

"Good morning! You're farm is something quite special, Jess! I'm sure I will get good, good ingredients from here!"
In his defense, he's supposed to say stuff like "good, good," but in all honesty, it just sounds silly. And don't even get me started on that "you're."

So, guys, how do you think Natsume does with their games in terms of translation?

Isamu Akai

The Chosen One
Years

Oh no Isamu D: How far were you in the file? I tend to restart Harvest Moon games if I haven't played them in a long time or I'm not far in the file, so hopefully you didn't lose too much.

HI Im back.... welcome new members ^_^

To azalea
Probably I lost too much in that game im in year 18 in that game having five jewel of truth,8 power berries,ten sheep,ten cows,five chicken (I dont really like raising chicken),I have married gray and have a daughter......

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Welcome Laugh! I really wanna try out Animal Parade. I started Tree of Tranquility a while ago but my Wii batteries died and I haven't gotten around to getting new ones... I just want a rechargable battery pack >A>

Cassiopeiia, no worries dear! The newer games have more in-depth characters, imo. For DS you could get Tale of Two Towns, it doesn't have as many characters as DS but they have more story to them and there's a lot more to that game than what DS offers, including better graphics and more customization, etc. Personally the music in DS kind of annoys me as well as the sfx, because they reuse a lot of the sounds from the GameCube games, A Wonderful Life and Another Wonderful Life. I like the music in Tale of Two Towns, so you may too!

If you want to go old school, I recommend Save the Homeland for the PS2. It was my first Harvest Moon game and it's what got me so hooked into the series. I love the characters in it, although the gameplay is different since the town actually resets every year... But to each their own.

Mockingjay, horrible translations are famous in Harvest Moon XD I've noticed it more with the handheld games than the console games, personally. I know DS, DS Cute, and FoMT, MFoMT have a ton of them.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
So I got married to Cliff in Harvest Moon: More Friends of Mineral Town. And a few days after that (in real life, of course) my character gave birth to a healthy baby girl! I named her Savannah, for some random reason. Anyways, I just wanted to share that. :3

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I love the huge character limits in FoMT/MFoMT when it comes to naming things, it makes it that much more fun :D

I was hoping we'd see them again in A New Beginning but sadly we're stuck with the six-character limit... It's worse than Pokemon ;n;

Also, I'm thinking of revamping the original post for the forum to jazz it up. I've just gotta figure out how to do it so that it'll look really nice... T-T

Back