• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Rivals(Recruiting)

How is the idea and what should be the hack based on(emerald or FireRed)

• Total voters
Introduction:

Hello people and welcome to the Team Rivals. I am Latis93. This is my first attempt to make a hack. Its called Team Rivals for a reason. I am trying to make new series named Pokemon Rivals. This is called Rivals because each game in the series will be based on the story of 2 legendary Pokemon rivals from each generation(Mew and Mewtwo from 1st gen for example). Each game will have a different story, new regions, new cities, new mix of Pokemons and lots of features. I had a idea of making a hack before but couldn't do it. And I can't do a hack all alone. So, I need a good team. The first hack of this series will be based on Mew and Mewtwo. It would be called Pokemon Rivals: The Cats.

Hack of: Pokemon FireRed(Might Change)
Hack Name: Pokemon Rivals(series),First hack: Pokemon Rivals: The Cats

Story:

You're a boy/girl from the city of Springwood town in the region of Rituan. While going outside to play with your Friend(rival), you will see two Pokémon fighting in the sky.. They run into a field(yet to name it). You and your rival run towards it. The Principal of the Pokemon school in your town comes from behind. You and your friend asks the principal what are those two Pokemon. The principal replied,"Those are the two legendary Pokemon from the region of Kanto. Mew and Mewtwo." The have a long history. But leave it now. Lets go behind it. You'll go into the field. After that you will see a Pokemon flying over you. You're friend and the principal will come. They will ask you what Pokemon it was. If you say it was big, you'll encounter Mewtwo, if you say it was small; you'll encounter Mew. You have to go deeper to go to the forest. You'll see another Pokemon flying. It actually is looking for the one you didn't tell. The one you selected was actually injured. The other one was looking for it. Go deeper and you'll see the pokemon you selected. As you have no Pokemon, you can't actually catch it(aww….It was weak). Then you see two people come. They will battle each other. The one who wins will catch the legendary Pokemon in front of you and then he leaves. The other one will stay and capture the legendary Pokemon you didn't choose. You return home. You have a short talk with your mother and then your mother tells you to go to sleep. Next day, when you go downstairs, you don't see you're mother. And you have to continue your journey to unfold the mysteries.

Features:

New Region
New Cities
New sprites and improved graphics
Deep storyline
Pokemon from all 6 generations
Mega Evos(thinking)
New Hero/Heroine
Increased difficulty
Sidequests

What I need and Application form:

I can do basic scripting,mapping and I will write most of the story. I'm learning some new skills. I mainly need spriter, tile inserter and maker,hex editor,mappers,beta testers and another important things that I might have missed(In general, you can say I need everything except scripters). To join the team, you need the form given below.

Name: (What I can call you)
Autobiography: (Not so lengthy)
Time Zone: (country name also might be helpful)
When available:
Ways to contact:
Skills:
Experience: (No problem if it is your first time)
Proof of work: (If any)

Please provide correct info. If you are not active for more than 15 days, you will be fired. Also, I need anyone who can make any types of banners or box art. It would be very helpful.

Current progress:

Story:30% of story writing has been done.
Scripting:0% as nothing has been inserted
Mapping:Map has been drawn but nothing has been inserted.
Sprites and all other:0% as I can't do it
Overall:2% I guess
Progress till first alpha/beta/demo:0.5% I guess.

Current Team:

Latis93: Story writer,basic scripter,mapper

ScytherTM:Mapper and scripts

Chabba: Scripts

BlackStorm20x: Pokemon Battle Sprite Inserting, Pokemon Data Editing, Party Sprites, etc.

Anonyboy: Beta Testing

Darkrai1381: Beta Testing

TheRealOCD: Beta Testing,mapping and scripting.

Updates:

10/12/14: Thread started.
10/12/14: Chabba Joined team
10/13/14: ScytherTM Joined Team
10/13/14: BlackStorm20x
10/13/14: Lots of things done, Map done and ready to be inserted. All City and route name decided(Posted above).
10/13/14: Anonyboy joined team
10/14/14: Map drawn,story progress and darkrai1381 joined team

Thats enough info I need and I can give. Please provide the right info in the form. ANY type of help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Chabba

***** Raper
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 10, 2015
Name: chabba
Autobiography: you don't need it
Time Zone: Bosnia and herzegovina (don't know time zone)
When available: weekends, mornings
Ways to contact: skype(amaraom810) or here
Skills: scripter
Experience:
Proof of work: didn't make any official hack bau done some for fun

BlackStorm20x

Content Creator
Years
Name: BlackStorm
Autobiography: A black nerd. XD
Time Zone: CST; U.S.
When available: Fri: 4:30 PM - 11:00 PM; Sat: 8:00 AM - 11:00 PM; 1:30 PM - 8:00 PM. (Because of school. I might be able to work during the week, don't know. If I don't have homework maybe.)
Ways to contact: [email protected] Skype: yoyophoenix1963
Skills: Pokemon Battle Sprite Inserting, Pokemon Data Editing, Party Sprites, etc.
Experience: I'm working on several hacks, most haven't started, I'm making my own and its working out.
Proof of work: Check some other team threads. https://www.mediafire.com/?7fxy1gj4nb8ty7q (Used this for other team applications. Ignore some stuff and stuff. lol)

Name: BlackStorm
Autobiography: A black nerd. XD
Time Zone: CST; U.S.
When available: Fri: 4:30 PM - 11:00 PM; Sat: 8:00 AM - 11:00 PM; 1:30 PM - 8:00 PM. (Because of school. I might be able to work during the week, don't know. If I don't have homework maybe.)
Ways to contact: [email protected] Skype: yoyophoenix1963
Skills: Pokemon Battle Sprite Inserting, Pokemon Data Editing, Party Sprites, etc.
Experience: I'm working on several hacks, most haven't started, I'm making my own and its working out.
Proof of work: Check some other team threads. https://www.mediafire.com/?7fxy1gj4nb8ty7q (Used this for other team applications. Ignore some stuff and stuff. lol)

Can you do the ow sprites? Anyways you are in.

Chabba

***** Raper
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 10, 2015
Send me tasks for scripting and I think we should make our signature.

Chabba

***** Raper
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 10, 2015
I didn't received message from you. And I think picture with our nam in our signature as ad for us.

Chabba

***** Raper
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 10, 2015
I sent you PM for what I need to write script and also I think we shold use differnet legendaries because those 2 are used in movie. I think It would be good to us Arceus and Giratina.

anonyboy

Pokemon Aerial Emerald Creator&Pokemon Hybrid Co-C
Years
I haven't joined. I just beta test. Sry for this but i work on a secret project of my own and crystal clear.

Chabba

***** Raper
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 10, 2015
Just to refresh thread and say that we badly need "tileseter" and feel free to join!!!

Sefuree

Canada Goose
Years
Name: TheRealOCD, TheReal, OCD Etc. (i don't really care)
Autobiography: I've been ROM hacking for some time now and I've learned a whole bunch of things!
Time Zone: i live in Ontario, Canada (eastern time zone)
When available: All weekend and sometimes during the week (i go to school)
Ways to contact: pm me or you can send me a email: [email protected]
Skills: basic scripting (yes/no etc.) and also beta testing and a little bit of mapping!
Experience: I'm making a pokemon rom hack! (below)
Proof of work: Pokemon Crystal Clear

*Note: i am working on a ROM hack myself so i wont always be able to help!

Last edited:
Name: TheRealOCD, TheReal, OCD Etc. (i don't really care)
Autobiography: I've been ROM hacking for some time now and I've learned a whole bunch of things!
Time Zone: i live in Ontario, Canada (eastern time zone)
When available: All weekend and sometimes during the week (i go to school)
Ways to contact: pm me or you can send me a email: [email protected]
Skills: basic scripting (yes/no etc.) and also beta testing and a little bit of mapping!
Experience: I'm making a pokemon rom hack! (below)
Proof of work: Pokemon Crystal Clear

*Note: i am working on a ROM hack myself so i wont always be able to help!

Your in. As you might always be available, I'll take you for scripting and beta testing (sometimes as a mapper too). You might be available for a small time but you cant be inactive for much time.

Sefuree

Canada Goose
Years
Your in. As you might always be available, I'll take you for scripting and beta testing (sometimes as a mapper too). You might be available for a small time but you cant be inactive for much time.

Sounds good! I will be avalible tuesday from 2:45 to 4:15 if u want me to do something or talk about the game!

Back