• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Magnius Guide to Pokemon Music Hacking

Master_Track

ROM Reaverz Scripter
Years
er I've got a question.
I once tryed this out with another tutorial from pho, and the sound was ingame ( I tryed different sound groups, it really was okay). but..after some time the music stopped until the map reloaded (enter house and leave again to activate..).
What do I have to do to make a sound repeat?
For example, if I want this in a rom, what shall I do to let it repeat?

Years
I have a question. Does sappy only work well on Windows XP? On vista sappy won't let me insert the midis and the program crashes. Is there a way to fix this problem?

Magnius

Pokemon Music Hacking Guru
Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2014
I have a question. Does sappy only work well on Windows XP? On vista sappy won't let me insert the midis and the program crashes. Is there a way to fix this problem?
I use Windows XP so yeah.

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2008
Hi,I have been trying to get this to work for about 3hrs now -_-...Anyway I finally got it to play the song.Question tho why does it sound so wrong and bad?Help me out plz.Also just wanted to say wow this site is amazing!

Magnius

Pokemon Music Hacking Guru
Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2014
Hi,I have been trying to get this to work for about 3hrs now -_-...Anyway I finally got it to play the song.Question tho why does it sound so wrong and bad?Help me out plz.Also just wanted to say wow this site is amazing!
Well making it sound good is mostly covered in Part 2. It's still on the first page so it shouldn't be hard to find.

KurlyFries

let's get this bread
Years
I try to assemble the Final Fantasy 3 prelude, but the voicegroup offset is 0x0000 and it tells me to specify a voicegroup offset.
Why didn't it put in the voicegroup automatically?

Years
  • Seen Jun 23, 2010
wtf?????

wenever i do this all that happens is wen i get to the title screen it plays the healing sound like wen you get to a pokecenter somone plz help me on this

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
- Since the GBA can only hold so much memory, the "Direct" instruments have certain ranges they can play in. If the instrument goes out of that range, the GBA interprets that as GBA synth.

- "Square" and "Sawtooth" instruments seem to emulate the GBA synth quite nicely.
It would be good to know the instrument equivalences (if they're not the same as the basic mini) between basic midi and gba instruments, and also that range you mention.

Also, Kawa told me sappy doesn't support chords, but what about the rom? Does for example a three note chord count as 3 direct sound tracks?

hypermonkey

N008 H4CK3R
Years
The guide works but I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to import music to Leaf Green from Emerald without replacing a track? I want to do a Leaf Green hack but I'm stuck with Emerald because it has the music I need and other less important features.
Also, Emerald has more music than Leaf Green, so I'm also wondering if its possible to expand the amount of music that can be placed in the ROM.

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2008
hey maginus is there any battle theme with a flute in it i am trying to insert the stadium mewtwo theme and its really the only thing giving me trouble

Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2008
I get a an error message when I click "Assemble that ugly thing!"

The error message looks like this:

Error #1002, "Syntax error"

On line: "byte &Hbc -- Diamond & Pearl- Battle Tower_key+0"

Did I do something wrong?

~CyberKitsune09~

Proud Tails fan!
Years
Hmmm... No mater what .s file I use (Even CloneX's Examples) Sappy 06 and 05 bolth crash under XP when I try to assemble... wanting me to send the error report to M$... I can play the tracks and Export them... But not Assemble...

Any Help?

~cpuDuDe08~

Tony the Awesome

mi nombre es tony
Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2010
Hmmm... No mater what .s file I use (Even CloneX's Examples) Sappy 06 and 05 bolth crash under XP when I try to assemble... wanting me to send the error report to M$... I can play the tracks and Export them... But not Assemble...

Any Help?

~cpuDuDe08~

It's probably that your kernel32.dll file crashed. The kernel32.dll is the file that lets you assemble the songs.

~CyberKitsune09~

Proud Tails fan!
Years
It's probably that your kernel32.dll file crashed. The kernel32.dll is the file that lets you assemble the songs.

Well that Figures, I knew Modding XP could be a bad thing, oh well...
I can Use Sappy 05' on my (Unmodded) vista machine, but when I assemble a song, it says it works, but when I try to play it, Sappy 05' Crashes, I sent to rom to my XP machine and opened the song with sappy 06' but every instrument is completely static... I haven't tested it in-game yet... So, does anyone have any Idea of how to get Sappy 2006 to work under vista? I did everything I could think of (Including the compatability thing) and still it crashes when loading a rom.

EDIT: Wait a sec, if the Windows Kernal Crashed, Wouldn't I get a BSOD? It just says that Sappy crashed, and somtimes after that, it says it's debugger crashed as well, and I never modded my kernal, that would mess-up windows completely, Sappy is the ONLY program on my computer that crashes alot.

Hoping for a Solution,

~cpuDuDe08~

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2011
I have this problem when I give mount composition
I said
can't find file mplaydef for inclusion assembly halted

Back