• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I made a 5th gen sand team. RMT?

Years
T-Money (Tyranitar) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 126 HP / 252 Atk / 130 Def
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Aqua Tail
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

Sciz Khalifa (Scizor) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 126 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk / 126 SDef
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Eon (Latios) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock

Gliguy (Gliscor) (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 184 Def / 252 HP / 72 Spd
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Protect

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Body Slam
- Healing Wish
- Fire Punch
- Iron Head

Wampy (Swampert) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Torrent
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2012
you are off to a good start. I would recommend taking the choice scarf off of swampert because swampert is not that fast to begin with and you have three pokemon with a choice item. Having to many of those on a pokemon can hurt you so just keep the limit with choice items to two. If you do decide to get rid of the choice scarf with swampert you may want to change his move set too. I would recommend waterfall, ice punch, earthquake, and protect. Or you could do a curse set which would be waterfall, earthquake, curse, protect or substitute (substitute would be better) If you need any more help just contact me and i will give you as much advice as i can.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Superpower is the superior option over Aqua Tail on Tyranitar because it helps nail Blissey, Chansey, Hydreigon and opposing Tyranitar hard.

It looks like you're using a bulky SD Scizor. In that case, the better EV spread and nature to use is 252 HP/40 Atk/216 SDef with an Adamant nature to let it take special hits more easily, since it takes physical ones quite well already. Even with little investment in Attack, Scizor still hits hard. Also, you might want to replace U-turn with Bug Bite (for a better Bug STAB that doesn't force you to switch; it also benefits from Technician) or Superpower (to hit Steels hard).

IMO, Latias is better on a SS team than Latios is because of her greater defenses compared to her brother, considering that Sandstorm chips away at the HP of non-Rock/Ground/Steel Pokemon each turn:
-Calm Mind
-Dragon Pulse
-Recover
-Hidden Power (Fire)/Roar/Substitute
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 HP/4 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Leftovers

or
-Dragon Pulse
-Wish/Recover
-Roar
-Reflect/Protect
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 Spe

or
-Calm Mind
-Dragon Pulse
-Recover
-Reflect
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP/228 Def/28 Spe

or
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Dragon Pulse
-Healing Wish
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 Spe
Item: Light Clay

While U-turn lets Gliscor scout the opponent, it kind of cuts into its support/offensive potential a bit. Other options to consider are Stealth Rock (since you don't seem to have hazard support anywhere on the team) or Ice Fang (to hit Dragonite, Salamence Landorus and opposing Gliscor hard). You can keep U-turn if you want.

Jirachi should be using the EV spread of 252 HP/224 SDef/32 Spe to let it outspeed Jolly Tyranitar. Wish is a better option over Healing Wish on Jirachi to support the team without needlessly sacrificing it.

I agree with Xanntha14; while Choice Scarf seems tempting to try to fix Swampert's middling Speed, it's not worth it because Swampert is better off as a bulky attacker/supporter. Gastrodon is a better candidate over it because of its ability to check opposing Water Pokemon alongside Lati@s:
-Earthquake/Earth Power
-Scald/Ice Beam
-Toxic
-Recover
Nature: Sassy/Calm
EVs: 252 HP/4 SAtk/252 Spe
Ability: Storm Drain

or
-Surf
-Earth Power
-Ice Beam
-Hidden Power (Grass)/Recover
Nature: Modest
EVs: 160 HP/36 Def/252 SAtk/60 SDef
Item: Choice Specs
Ability: Storm Drain

If you still want a Choice Scarf user, go with Landorus; even though it shares the same typing with Gliscor, it's still a better Choice Scarf user than Swampert because of its higher Attack in conjunction with Sand Force:
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-U-turn
-Hidden Power (Ice)
Nature: Naive
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Force

Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2014
you're going to have trouble switching into genesect. You don't have a solid u-turn switch in and every time genesect comes in on something that it threatens, it's a 50/50 as to whether it will u-turn for momentum or use move x to ko a pokemon. I think that swampert could use to be replaced on this team. It's a pretty useless pokemon in gen 5 ou anyways. It's really just set up fodder and due to lack of recovery, it has trouble with the hard hitting pkmn in bw ou. I think that running taunt sr terrakion would work pretty well here. your team lacks stealth rock anyways and terrakion in sand is a decently reliable switch into genesect. it also beats volcarona which murders your team easily. id run a set with taunt / stealth rock / close combat / stone edge, focus sash, max attack and speed with a jolly nature. this can work really well in the lead position as it allows you to beat deoxys based teams. you don't need healing wish on jirachi, just run regular wish instead. there's actually a lot more wrong with this team but i don't feel like suggesting everything.

Back