• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Normal (Build 3.0 RC 2.73 Live Update)

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Just inserted all of the actual cries for the Taejo Dex Pokemon! That was one of the most stressful time consuming things I've done to this hack in awhile, haha.
Now creating new item graphics!
-----

Last edited:

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Just inserted all of the actual cries for the Taejo Dex Pokemon! That was one of the most stressful time consuming things I've done to this hack in awhile, haha.
Now creating new item graphics!
-----

Is the God ball like Master ball? Do they work the same 100% catch rate?

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Is the God ball like Master ball? Do they work the same 100% catch rate?
Yeah. They're just renamed Pokeballs. The God Ball is going to be a one-off event concerning... (another legendary confirmed for this game), haha. But that's in the Seijo Region.
-----
Edit 1 - I'm going to rescript a portion of the starter town since I learned so much in scripting. Compared to beta 1 (not beta 1.5), my scripting was so vague and simple.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 8, 2014
Oh scrs shots look great XD and your hack too! I didn't see a hack which have a big map like this, it's so excited!
But how many pokemon in your hack? And how many legend does it have? Does your hack have some pokemon of gen6?

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Oh scrs shots look great XD and your hack too! I didn't see a hack which have a big map like this, it's so excited!
But how many pokemon in your hack? And how many legend does it have? Does your hack have some pokemon of gen6?
There will be 247 for the Taejo Dex. Then there will be 76 more unlocked once the Seijo Region is unlocked. As for legends, quite a few have been revealed, but I want players to find out themselves through play-through! As for Generation 6, there is Skiddo which can be caught in National Park and Route 55. I will include the Gloomy line for the Seijo Region. Thus the total will be five Generation 6 Pokemon.
Nice screenies...Keep it up buddy...& can't wait for next beta version.....:D :)
Thanks! I want to make it nostalgic and fun as possible!
----------
Well, I decided to fully reinvent the beginning of the game in order to make it more dramatic since my scripting knowledge now is so much better than when I first started!
-----
[URL=http://s1350.photobucket.com/user/FrozenInfernoZX/media/Pokemon%20Normal%20Version/PokemonNormal_01_zps51f52957.png.html]
PokemonNormal_01_zps70b25975.png
[/URL]
-----
Here's a snippet of what's to come! Players will now start the game on Metamorphic Rock, a newly implemented area of Route 76 (not available in beta 1.5).

Last edited:

Jet Pilot

I killed Spiderman.
Years
Maaaan i cant wait for this to come out.

Plz plz plz release it!
He can't just release it, there's probably still bugs he doesn't even know about. I'd rather wait for the release, so it's stable. Even though I restored my iPod, I'm still going to play, just on my friend's computer. I have no computer right now sadly. Game is looking good (y).

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Can you change the ow sprite of suicune? It doesn't look good :(
PokemonNormal_01_zps51f52957.png
Yeah, haha. Most of the graphics in screenshots will at least be updated during some point in time. It will be a transitional thing since graphic changing is extremely time consuming. I'm around 15%/100% on where I want to be graphically with this hack.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 25, 2021
Yeah, haha. Most of the graphics in screenshots will at least be updated during some point in time. It will be a transitional thing since graphic changing is extremely time consuming. I'm around 15%/100% on where I want to be graphically with this hack.
Merry Christmas to all!!!!
& buddy your 15% Graphics is more than 100% for me...
I'm guessing you want to celebrate your beta 1 anniversary on 27th dec by releasing beta 2.3 on 27 rite??I hope i'm rite..:D :)

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Isn't it default FireRed Suicune sprite? =D
Haha, that's true. Gamefreak could have done a much better job on it, haha. I might touch it up a bit though!
Merry Christmas to all!!!!
& buddy your 15% Graphics is more than 100% for me...
I'm guessing you want to celebrate your beta 1 anniversary on 27th dec by releasing beta 2.3 on 27 rite??I hope i'm rite..:D :)
Haha, I hope so to! I want to release it before New Years. I'm trying to get more graphical things implemented and redoing some of my early experienced scripts! Then I'll finish up Pokewood City!
----------
And here's another feature I plan to implement into the game. Based off of the HGSS night lamp, this is the Taejo night lamp. It also serves as a TPD (Taejo Police Department) Red Light Safety System. It is only usable at night! So you can call a dispatch officer the next time you see Youngster Joey and Team Rocket running around at night! There will also be a Police Facility! But it's on the outskirts of Powerstone City!
-----

-----
I decided not to use extended overworld palettes. There are further bugs that I want to avoid and since that I'm not experience with extensive implementations. So, I am going to keep everything nice and simple! And also speak to the the random Police NPC in-game. They're pretty funny!

Merry Christmas to all! And enjoy!
----------
And here's Poke Baby Playground! Only open on Saturday mornings!
-----

[URL=http://s1350.photobucket.com/user/FrozenInfernoZX/media/Pokemon%20Normal%20Version/PokemonNormal_01_zpsf2604e4a.png.html][/URL][URL=http://s1350.photobucket.com/user/FrozenInfernoZX/media/Pokemon%20Normal%20Version/PokemonNormal_02_zps91b2a41d.png.html][/URL]

Last edited:

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
And the moment that most of us were probably waiting for, haha.
I present to you the new hero OW sprite!
-----

-----
Credit goes to Ace_Master_of_Turtles (formerly acertony) for his awesome work!
I now have to insert the rest of the walking frames! Yay!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 25, 2021
Haha, that's true. Gamefreak could have done a much better job on it, haha. I might touch it up a bit though!

Haha, I hope so to! I want to release it before New Years. I'm trying to get more graphical things implemented and redoing some of my early experienced scripts! Then I'll finish up Pokewood City!
----------
And here's another feature I plan to implement into the game. Based off of the HGSS night lamp, this is the Taejo night lamp. It also serves as a TPD (Taejo Police Department) Red Light Safety System. It is only usable at night! So you can call a dispatch officer the next time you see Youngster Joey and Team Rocket running around at night! There will also be a Police Facility! But it's on the outskirts of Powerstone City!
-----

-----
I decided not to use extended overworld palettes. There are further bugs that I want to avoid and since that I'm not experience with extensive implementations. So, I am going to keep everything nice and simple! And also speak to the the random Police NPC in-game. They're pretty funny!

Merry Christmas to all! And enjoy!
----------
And here's Poke Baby Playground! Only open on Saturday mornings!
-----

[URL=http://s1350.photobucket.com/user/FrozenInfernoZX/media/Pokemon%20Normal%20Version/PokemonNormal_01_zpsf2604e4a.png.html][/URL][URL=http://s1350.photobucket.com/user/FrozenInfernoZX/media/Pokemon%20Normal%20Version/PokemonNormal_02_zps91b2a41d.png.html][/URL]

Awesome!!! Loved the night lamp concept..& Hero's sprite looks nice... :)

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Awesome!!! Loved the night lamp concept..& Hero's sprite looks nice... :)
Thanks! And after starting to mess around with battle background palettes.
Here's one of my results:
-----

-----
This is for the Indoors (Regular Trainer) background.
And BTW, Serene Grace Togepi is a hax beast with the move Wishsmack! Hehe!

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2021
That problem is dependent on the emulator that you are using. You have to enable Real Time Clock and 120kb save type. Then delete your save file and start anew.
I'm using VBA, what should I be using? Also, your instructions could use a little explaining, idk what you mean by real time clock, pretty sure i have more than enough space for 120kb saves, and not sure how deleting a save file will do anything if i can't save to begin with.

Back