• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Zapdos, Moltres or Articuno

Your favorite

• Total voters

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
Moltres has always been my favorite, but recently I've come to really like Articuno. Just a beautiful Pokemon all around, who cleans up in battle as well. Doesn't get much better than that :D

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
Moltres has always been my favorite, but recently I've come to really like Articuno. Just a beautiful Pokemon all around, who cleans up in battle as well. Doesn't get much better than that :D

Molter is my second favorite. In a way every legendary from the bird trio are cool, awesome and well designed.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 13, 2014
i think Zapdos is the coolest. Hes electric flying too. making him super awesome

Mesmerella

Preschooler
Years
My favorite was Articuno... Mainly because I really loved its cry. XD I had an Articuno that I used frequently in battle, though, it was mostly an overglorified Fly slave... I remember trading it over to Hoenn to enter it in a beauty contest, then getting mad that it didn't instantly win because DUH, Articuno is the most beautiful Pokemon ever, it SHOULD win. XDD

~Justified~

~Working On A New Rom Hack~
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 23, 2015
I, of course, prefer the combination of all generation 1 flying type Pokemon as depicted below:P

halolz-dot-com-pokemon-legendarybirds-dodrio.jpg

Humble Hook

Because the Hook brings you back ~
Years
  • Age 30
  • PA
  • Seen Aug 16, 2016
Though Moltres was my first caught, my Fav is between Zapdos and Articuno. I just cant decide!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 20, 2017
Zapados! It was my favorite and ultimate electric pokemon in the game!

Shhmew

Years
I've always been kind of disappointed with Moltres, even though I do love fire types it just kind of looks like a big chicken on fire. :c

I've always LOVED Articuno, I remember watching the second pokemon movie and just marveled at how beautiful and elegant it was.

Zapdos is really cool, too.

But my favorite overall has to be Articuno. ^__^

Jehowi

Your Master Superior
Years
My favourite is Moltres. First and foremost, I like the name Moltres. I'm no etymologist but I'm pretty sure the name derives from "molton" and "très" (French) which makes "very hot". Moltres is a very hot bird and I like hot birds.

Actually it derives from the spanish word for three. ArticUNO, ZapDOS, MolTRES. Uno, dos, Tres.

soreninja

Dat Tongue Scarf tho...
Years
I'd pick Zapdos because I love electric types back then, also because of it's design.

I kinda feel bad about Moltres not getting so much love, I love moltres in mystery dungeon red rescue team, he was awesome, and that's the only boss fight that I haven't restarted once!

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2023
i like articuno because it can use calm mind and sheer cold, one of my favorite attack combination

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 2, 2014
I really like all of the 3, but the one that I like the most would be zapdos. I guess it would be because it is weak to only 2 types and I like it's design.

MadKing

The only verdict is Vengeance.
Years
In the first gen my favorite was Articuno, but after the second gen Zapdos became my favorite of the trio. I don't know, it looks more imponent thant the other two I guess.

Years
Between the three of them i don't think any of them are awesome. They always seemed normal pokemon to me. Anyway i caught Articuno and between the three of them that's my favorite.

In terms of legendaries gen 2 was the top for me so many cool legendaries (I like pokemon until 3rd gen).

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
I don't like using legendaires, but if there's one that I like the most its Zapdos! It looks really cool, like bomb diggity cool

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 26, 2021
I like all three of the legendary birds but Articuno is my favorite because it is so beautiful and has a very calming cry.

Years
I usually don't catch either of them since I usually only do challenges on games - but when I go and want to catch them all I catch them all- My favourite one is Articuno though - maybe because I like it's typing and movepool the most or maybe it's just because of it's design.. I don't really know- Maybe it's also because he is blue (my favourite color).

Back