• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RM2K/3 Pokemon Battle System

Are you planning on using the battle sys in your game?

• Yes

Votes: 88 61.5%
  • No

Votes: 23 16.1%
  • Not sure yet...

Votes: 21 14.7%
  • I don't care

Votes: 11 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
Hey Meerkat, I really don't hate you at all. I don't know where you're getting all this. I am very impressed with your progress, and dissapointed with myself that I couldn't contribute any more. The only reason why I was anxious to move on was because we've got an issue with Daegon here. We've got some time constraint. I really don't hate you, don't think that.

Yeah, I'm really impressed with all you've done. It's really great. Whenever you're willing to hand it off to me.... I mean, it's been 3 weeks! Alright, gotta go now. There's more I'd like to say, but I have to move on :D School time!

PS: As a newly appointed Moderator, please don't double post :D

Last edited:

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Hey, 17 months is a long time so you don't have to hurry.
Do you think making a variable for each item is too much?

--EDIT--

A system showing how item allignment can work. (Just experimenting)
You'll need the RTP for this.
After you start test play, go down as far as you can. Then press spacebar.
You'll find the option of getting and removing items there.

Last edited:

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
First things first, welcome back Krazy, its good to have you on again. Anyways i've been ripping graphics from leaf green yesterday and today and then i started wondering if were going to include johto, kanto and hoenn (and maybe orre) in this game. I've also been creating chipsets for each gym in lg as well. i'm going to start ripping charsets as well soon, ive already done Prof.Oak, Gary and nurse joy.

we are all in the same team here, working on our game. can't we all call each other by our real names? what about you DM? do you have a name? Daegon? what's your name? pheonix?

I do have a name, my parents were kind like that. My name is Craig Kevin Fenicks. My friends call me either CK or Phoenix (because it sounds alot like my last name) you guys can call me whatever you like.

Years
I have Red and Gary ripped, made extra poses for Gary myself + decent sprites for Hiro, didnt make extra poses for Hiro, if you want to use them just tell me, and i can give you them, all i require is that i get credit if you use my Gary or Hiro sprites.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
I made a Hiro sprite for Lunar myself XD

Anyway, I'm really sorry about anything, Meerkat. I don't hate you at all.

*cries*

Anyway, I'm having trouble with that attatchment. It'll work eventually... maybe. Why don't you create a website or something, Daegon? You've got lots of resources and stuff!

Years
DarkMage31 said:
I made a Hiro sprite for Lunar myself XD

Anyway, I'm really sorry about anything, Meerkat. I don't hate you at all.

*cries*

Anyway, I'm having trouble with that attatchment. It'll work eventually... maybe. Why don't you create a website or something, Daegon? You've got lots of resources and stuff!

Hiro is pretty easy to sprite.

But i havent posted my Hiro sprites here, so nobody has seen them, :P

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
What are you waiting for? I'd like to see yours! I based mine off the FR/LG hero sprite. I just mirrored the cap backwards and add the extra hair, did some recoloring, and voila! Hiro!

Years
DarkMage31 said:
What are you waiting for? I'd like to see yours! I based mine off the FR/LG hero sprite. I just mirrored the cap backwards and add the extra hair, did some recoloring, and voila! Hiro!

Heh, well i used some of the FR/LG hero sprite too, but i also used a few other sprites (Ill let you see if you can figure them out).

My palette is different because i am not too fond of the orangish colors on the artwork, so i used yellow.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
Haha, yours is so much better than mine! It fits in with the graphics a lot better. I can't quite put my finger on what to change in my Hiro... maybe you can help me with it. I posted it a while back in the resource thread. Since then, I've just lightened the colors.

Years
DarkMage31 said:
Haha, yours is so much better than mine! It fits in with the graphics a lot better. I can't quite put my finger on what to change in my Hiro... maybe you can help me with it. I posted it a while back in the resource thread. Since then, I've just lightened the colors.

I dont really know what it is, but i think it has to do with the colors, try matching it with some FR/LG sprites, you might be able to see whats wrong with it

RM2K3kid

Insane..
Years
Hey avatar I realy like your hiro sprite and I would just like to know if I can use it in my game... with credit of course...

Years
Thanks Daegon! lol. anyway, I really can't get that attatchment to work daegon :'(, something's wrong.. ok well since you have done that, I will just get to work on the pokemon selection screen.. I am thinking about doing something similar to what DM has sort of planned for his game. except I will actually have to go and catch different types of pokemon and make charasets for the pokemon selection. also I will have to change like 50,000 pictures so I can display all the names of the pokemon.. Hmm... I will also have to do something with variables to indicate which pokemon is in which position and load the name for each pokemon.. this is gonna suck.. hey DM I am going to use your panorama for the background, Hope you don't mind.

DM I accept that you dont hate me.. when did you become a moderator? wow kool lol.

lol I'm glad to see you're parents did their part craig. I have to go now to eat some dinner but I will be on later anyway. I will be working on the battle at the same time so I can get any needed updates from you guys.. apparently i missed daegon and DM yesterday by about 15 mins. anyway I will talk soon guys.

Years
oh dear god! are we doing 2 vs 2 battles? you guys are killing me.. I think we should only include 1 vs 1 battles for the system and I will tweak our system just for us. I will add in other things which you cannot get in the public battle system. I just want this to be over so we can start work on our game. don't you agree DM?

umm.. if we are going to start work on the game straight away then how will I be able to work on our battle at the same time? I need your opinion DM what else do you want to include in our battle? because I need to know very soon. we will be including 2 vs 2 battles in the actual game wont we? I have never actually had a 2 vs 2 battle in the gameboy game yet. does anyone have some kind of saved game with 2 vs 2 battles enabled? i use visualboyadvance. so make sure the file is in .SGM format. anyway i need sleep now and unless I can see any more posts i missed then I will sleep now.

byebye everyone :)

Years
rm2k3kid said:
Hey avatar I realy like your hiro sprite and I would just like to know if I can use it in my game... with credit of course...

Glad you like it.

Yes you can use it.
As long as you give me credit it is fine

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
You realize I made a change to the panorama, right? I got rid of a button by clone painting.

I was made a mod not too long ago.... when Kairi asked me.

I'm not "killing you!" You can pass the game to me at any time! However, I don't know how two on two battles work... I'm on the Brawly gym in Ruby. When do you get to do them?

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
you get to do a 2 on 2 battle after you leave the forest by the bridge. you'll see to people standing together, just talk to one of them and the battle starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back