• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Secrets and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 7, 2008
Has anyone heard about the Yoshi rumor? "First get a dratini in red, make sure you caught all 150 pokemon in each game before you do this. Trade the dratini in red version to blue version, raise it until it's a dragonite, trade it back, buy a fire stone, then go to the unknown dungeon. Surf left and right around the area mewtwo is than give your firestone to dragonite, it will evolve into yoshi! You won't have extra data in the pokedex but you will have a yoshi."

This of course sounds really crazy but would be cool to include in this game! Well, maybe since you'll only be able to play this game on emulators, maybe take out the trading part of the rumor and just alter it a bit? Like raise dratini into dragonite and go to unknown cave and do those steps, but whatever works.

Oh, and I found this thread with ALL kinds of rumors from the Red/Blue/Yellow version, maybe you would like to take a look at it! =D (take out spaces) h t t p : / / w w w . p k m n c o m m u n i t y . c o m / a r c h i v e / i n d e x . p h p / t - 1 9 0 9 . h t m l

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
I hope there will be venatoise in it, that was a popular rumor back then.
Also, I remember a rumor about a skateboard, I kinda forgot how it went, but i remember it saying if you don't buy a bike until after you beat the pokemon league, then the bike shop will give you a skateboard instead.

Years
  • Seen Dec 7, 2008
Also, I remember a rumor about a skateboard, I kinda forgot how it went, but i remember it saying if you don't buy a bike until after you beat the pokemon league, then the bike shop will give you a skateboard instead.
Oh I remember that rumor!!! I had forgotten all about it! I'm gonna search online for some more red/blue rumors/secrets. I'm telling you, this game is gonna hit big if it goes very far! I'm excited for the development of this game!

Darkjagwar

lollerskates now available
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 25, 2014
IMO maybe since it is a RED/BLUE remake, you don't necessarily need any Johto pokés except for the few that were revealed before the GSC games were made (Togepi, Togetic, Marill, Ho-oh, etc.)

the rest you don't need you can replace with the fake pokés that just need a dex space (Missingno, 'M', Yoshi, Flareth, Doomsday, Mewthree, etc). I kno that's what DJG did for his hack 2 put in Sinnoh pokés, maybe whatever he did can work for this?

EDIT: I read something about the MissingNo stuff. in addition to making MissingNo obtainable, how about the ghost and the Kabutops and Aerodactyl fossils as pokés?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 7, 2008
Pictures of rumor pokemon, including a weird porygon thing and Doomsday:
h t t p : / / w w w . a n g e l f i r e . c o m / i n / p o k e r u m o r s / i n d e x . h t m l
(take out spaces)

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
I think skeetendo will have too much room to put all the rumours in.
I heard that if you avoid all the hikers on the way to bills house, you see a mew lvl.9 in the wild.
And i heard that if you catch missingno. it evolves into kangaskhan.
And will there be a farther level limit if its possible?

Years
  • Seen Dec 7, 2008
I think skeetendo will have too much room to put all the rumours in.

Do you mean TOO MUCH room or NOT ENOUGH room? Seems like there's a ton of rumors and secrets to put in this game, I'm wondering if there will be enough room to fit them all in... I hope so...

I hope this will help, a forum dedicated to pokemon R/B/Y rumors, they've got tons of stuff: h t t p : / / w w w . p o j o . b i z / b o a r d / s h o w t h r e a d . p h p ? t = 6 9 1 0 5

Zowayix

hi
Years
really? I'm pretty sure that only 'M can evolve into Kangaskhan.
And just to let you know, the difference between Missingno. [normal form] and 'M is that 'M can't learn Substitute thru TM and that 'M learns Pound at lv 138 (i think).

Zowayix

hi
Years
I'm not sure if this is programmable, but the "special" forms of Missingno. (aerodactyl fossil, kabutops fossil, and ghost [seen without silph scope]) will take on the moveset and TM/HM set of the pokemon that was last in the game's memory.
Meaning that if you look up, say, Squirtle, in the pokedex or checked a squirtle's stats or waited for one to appear on the title screen or saw one in the hall of fame, and then encountered a "special" missingno., after catching it, it would have the moveset and TM/HM set of a lv 1 Squirtle.
You can't change the moves of an already caught Missingno, but you CAN change its TM set. That means that just by looking up a pkmn that can learn a particular TM will let you teach that TM to Missingno. This means that Missingno. can learn all the TMs and HMs.
Note: This "copy" ability ONLY works for the "special" Missingno.s. It does not work for the pixely Missingno. or 'M.

Darkjagwar

lollerskates now available
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 25, 2014
I agree, Zowayix. I made a test game w/ a rom w/ the name "Kawaxly" just so I could see the ghost and fossil Missingno. I used a Rhydon (which I gamesharked it to have water gun and sky attack and nicknamed it missingno :P) and when I caught it it had the same moves as my Rhydon.

I guess what you COULD do is have it know Sketch liek Smeargle only in all 4 move slots. That way, it would know your moves!

in fact, idea time!!!

glitch.png
Missingno.
Type: ???
Attacks:
- Water Gun
- Water Gun
- Sky Attack

glitch2.png
Mysterio
Attacks:
- Sketch
- Mimic
Evolution: Mysterio >(lv 35)> Kangaskhan

glitch3.png
MewGlitch
Type: Psychic
Attacks:
- Pound
Evolution: MewGlitch >(lv 20)> Mew

gho.png
MissinGhost
Type: Ghost
Attacks:
- Sketch
- Sketch
- Sketch
- Sketch

FossKab.png
KabuFossil
Type: Ghost/Rock
- Sketch
- Sketch
- Sketch
- Sketch

FossAer.png
AeroFossil
- Sketch
- Sketch
- Sketch
- Sketch

make any sense to anyone

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
I agree, Zowayix. I made a test game w/ a rom w/ the name "Kawaxly" just so I could see the ghost and fossil Missingno. I used a Rhydon (which I gamesharked it to have water gun and sky attack and nicknamed it missingno :P) and when I caught it it had the same moves as my Rhydon.

I guess what you COULD do is have it know Sketch liek Smeargle only in all 4 move slots. That way, it would know your moves!

in fact, idea time!!!

glitch.png
Missingno.
Attacks:
- Water Gun
- Water Gun
- Sky Attack

glitch2.png
Mysterio
Attacks:
- Sketch
- Mimic
Evolution: Mysterio >(lv 35)> Kangaskhan

glitch3.png
MewGlitch
Type: Psychic
Attacks:
- Pound
Evolution: MewGlitch >(lv 20)> Mew

gho.png
MissinGhost
Type: Ghost
Attacks:
- Sketch
- Sketch
- Sketch
- Sketch

FossKab.png
KabuFossil
- Sketch
- Sketch
- Sketch
- Sketch

FossAer.png
AeroFossil
- Sketch
- Sketch
- Sketch
- Sketch

make any sense to anyone

Isn't it funny how that attack was implemented into the game without ever being used?

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2012
the idea of implementing secrets and rumors of pokemon was a brilliant idea
good luck on this game

Years
  • Seen Jan 9, 2016
I would just like to say this sounds like the best idea I have heard since I was in Seventh grade when I first heard the rumour of catching pikablu or if beat the elite 4 25 times and talke to professor oak 50 times and beat the elite 4 again he would appear at the hall of winners and give a "gym building set" and then you could talk to man in Vermillion City and he would let you build a gym where his pokemon was flatening land for 50000 pokedollars. I hope see a beta and a full version as soon as it is ready.

good god, how many years has it been... classic secrets....

the time i spent on cinibar...all those haunters...gaaahhh

the one time i actually caught misingno and wnet through sending my game in to get it fixed, and they sent it bck as a restarted version w/ charizard insead of my beloved venusaur..so i had to start all over...

being able to rly hve missingno would make my day :)

cant wait to play this

I never had a problem with Missingno or M##!!@!!1 or M or any of the M glicthes on the coast of cinnabar. It never made my game screwy at all.

Well, maybe since you'll only be able to play this game on emulators,

Not necessarily if you have a Flash cart you can play this a on real gameboy and it is very possible to trade between emulators.

GKS

Retired Hacker
Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2013
This seems decent, for some reason the graphics seem better than i thought it would. I liked your building tiles.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Hey, too bad we lost that last update we had from Skeetendo. So, I guess we'll have to wait for the next one.
Still, I know it's quite late this time, but I'm reposting my congrats for the HotW (from like, a few weeks ago... :P), and giving you this award made by Barker. Hope you like it!

how1bannernz9.jpg
- Big Version

how1textao1.png
- Small Version

Skeetendo Inc.

The REAL Pokémon Company
Years
Thank you, sir! It is a shame that the last update was lost, but I can post a bit of one right now as well!

To recap the last update, We have finished bug testing through Viridian Forest and are currently working on Pewter City. There is no set release date as of yet, because we hate to set them as we end up rushing, and we like to make things as bug-free as possible (And I am sure you all appreciate that as well ;) ) Beta one, when released should go through Mt Moon. Now to repost a couple screenshots I posted in the last update so you all can comment on them if you missed the opportunity before :)

ceilingmeowthff2.png

yes, they have LOLcats in the Pokémon world, they just call them LOLmeowths :p

titlevz7.png

our brilliant title screen

I believe that about sums up the recap of the last update, albeit a bit more updated slightly. You all stay tuned for more updates. This is Mateo of Skeetendo, you stay classy PokéCommunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back