• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Requests/Sharing/Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2018
rinni i saw ur edit but i get now a red screen whenever i talk with the markt seller

EDIT:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
(doesnt wanna compile)

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

thit are all 8 pokemart scripts none of them works uhm maby i say it wrong they work but not correct the one gives red screen the one changes me overworld sprite one teleports me and then black screens one freeze etc... and ever time they do something else

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2007
I cant give an answer to this, sorry. My aunt is the one with the experience here.

I do have one suggestion, I know sel put the lines
#raw 0x67
writebytetooffset 0x62 0x8666081A
and frankly I think he'd know more about this than me but all I can say is, try removing them.

EDIT - AH-HA!!! I'll have to notify Kirsty of this... I just tried playing with the script as I was typing this. The pointer in the line in bold above is being pushed wrongly when the script is written.....

I'll tell Aunt K about it and get her to look at it cause the program should be doing that automatically.

: blush : Sorry about this. Now I know how she felt during those first few weeks of debugging!

Hedgehogger

Learning ASM, but struggling
Years
Is it possible, through timed scripts to change the palette when it gets to be a certain time or change the weather to bit dark when it reaches a certain time. for example it will get dark at 6:00 pm and light again at 6:00 am?

It depends on which ROM you are using. If it's R/S/E, you need to set a flag for a specific time of day in each location so that it changes the weather with the game clock. If it's FR/LG, then, I don't think it's possible.

DracoMalfoy88

Sailor Moon Fan!!!
Years
hey i search a script. for example a pg who occupies the passage of a cave and you have the permission to pass after u defeated the league ^^

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Wahaha! Let's kill questions! Wahaha!

can someone tell me what i did wrong in this script

Sorry Hyunbin. But try to tell me what's the problem with the script before I have a look at it (that usually helps me when I'm searching for possible error causes)

I've searched free space with an hex-editor, and compiled this script:

It doesn't work though, you only will see '!' from the player and then the script ends.

I'd start the #org 0x9C8030 at #org 0x9C8060, that's enough space for the script at #org 0x9C8020 to reproduce completely, I think. Just add 30 to every other #org after the 9C8030, but don't forget to update all the offsets in the whole script!

:paranoid: i dont understand that

so this need work for pokescript:(so yes, i get an error all time when i wanna compile it)

Well, I don't trust that binary int you made, people. I'll repeat what I do, and it works for me... #binary HexItem1 HexItem1 ... HexLastItem HexLastItem 0x0 0x0, keeping in mind all that swapping I mentioned before.
If you want an example, just give me a list of items you want to be sold, and I'll write the script for ya.

When I insertr this script I get this 1 - SEEK

I'm using Ruby thats most of it.I compile it with Daimond cutter.

What is the real problem... Seems like it was compiled... Sooo?

When i try to compile this in ScriptEd it kinda doesnt work.
It says Runtime Error '6' Overflow
Can someone check if anything is wrong?

Spoiler:

Obviously, it'll say "Overflow" whenever a command is not written properly. And in your case, you have written the "trainerbattle" command wrong. Tha trainerbattle command should look like this:

trainerbattle 0xType 0xIDinPET 0x0 0xTextPreBattle 0xTextPostBattle

Put a "0" as "Type" to make a regular trainerbattle. "9" (at least in FR) allows you to keep adding commands after the trainerbattle, and they'll be reproduced as well. Just with a small change: "TextPreBattle" becomes "VictoryText" and "TextPostBattle" becomes "DefeatText"

hey i search a script. for example a pg who occupies the passage of a cave and you have the permission to pass after u defeated the league ^^

That is not hard to do with the use of a flag. As soon as you defeat the league (you may need to create an extra event), just use a setflag 0xMyFlag, then, in AdvanceMap search the sprite you want to be removed, go to its People ID and change whatever it says for MyFlag (without the 0x), the effect is that the person will disappear as soon as you defeat the League.
The problem will reside in making the extra event, though. I had to do my very own league champion event to be able to use this ability.

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2018
zel all items or just a 15 items?

list:
masterball
ultraball
greatball
pokeball
safariball
netball
diveball
nestball
repeatball
timerball
luxuryball
premierball
full restore
max potion
max revive

i will hold it at this

rinnip i dont understand it:S

Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2007
UPDATE
Hey monkey, sorry if I confuse you now and then.

Aunt K (Irish witch for those who haven't figured it out) just gave me an update, fixing a problem in bufrite.

Download and re-install and Your script should hopefully work now. All you need to do is figure out the numbers for your items.
Attached file is the numbers for Ruby/Saphire.

Zel said:
Well, I don't trust that binary int you made, people. I'll repeat what I do, and it works for me... #binary HexItem1 HexItem1 ... HexLastItem HexLastItem 0x0 0x0, keeping in mind all that swapping I mentioned before.
If you want an example, just give me a list of items you want to be sold, and I'll write the script for ya.

I dare you to try it Zel (cant help thinking of the series 'The Slayers' when I read your name....)
I know for a fact my aunt read through the source code for the scripted compiler. If she says that how it worked then thats how it worked....

I'll owe you a transformation cookie if she's wrong!

frank$or said:
Btw, Pausemove isn't a command for Diamondcutter, so i cant use it.
I asked Kirsty about this and she said the 'older' versions of scripted used the command
wait 0

but that pausemove should have worked if you were using the latest version..... Try that command instead :D

Last edited:
Years
I compiled the following script using DiamondCutter:
EDIT: Oh, and I'm hacking Ruby.

org 0x6C46D0
checkflag 0x800
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x6C4734
applymovement 12 0x6C4798
pause 0x80
message 0x6C47FC
boxset 0x6
applymovement 0xFF 0x6C4860
pause 0x10
applymovement 12 0x6C48C4
pause 0x60
message 0x6C4928
boxset 0x6
applymovement 12 0x6C498C
pause 0x90
message 0x6C49F0
boxset 0x6
applymovement 0xFF 0x6C498C
pause 0x90
message 0x6C4A54
boxset 0x6
applymovement 0xFF 0x6C4AB8
pause 0x10
warp 0x1 0x4 0x0
release
end

#org 0x6C4734
release
end

#org 0x6C4798
#raw 0x08
#raw 0x08
#raw 0x08
#raw 0x08
#raw 0x08
#raw 0x08
#raw 0x08
#raw 0x08
#raw 0xFE

message 0x6C47FC
= Huh hey

#org 0x6C4860
#raw 0x56
#raw 0xFE

#org 0x6C48C4
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0xFE

#org 0x6C4928
= Mark says blah blah blah

#org 0x6C498C
#raw 0x0A
#raw 0x0A
#raw 0x0A
#raw 0x0A
#raw 0x0A
#raw 0x0A
#raw 0x0A
#raw 0x0A
#raw 0x0A
#raw 0xFE

#org 0x6C49F0
= Come on

#org 0x6C4A54
= Go in

#org 0x6C4AB8
#raw 0x05
#raw 0xFE

But it doesn't work right. This is what it does:
- The player freezes for a few seconds (the Mark guy walks down, but you can't see that on the screen.
- An empty message box appears. When I press A...
- The "!" appears above the players head.
- Nothing happens. The Mark guy is supposed to walk to the player, but he doesn't (I have the feeling that he's not moving at all)
- A message box appears, saying "Mark says blah blah blah", just like it's supposed to. I press A to continue.
- Nothing happens (the Mark guy is supposed to walk to the left).
- A message box saying "Come on" appears, just like it's supposed to. I press A to continue.
- The player also walks to the left, just like it's supposed to.
- A message box saying "Go in" appears, just like it's supposed to. I press A to continue.
- The player quickly walks to the right, while I wanted it to slowly walk up. And then the game completely freezes (not-important persons stop moving too).

I hope that anyone can help me!
(if this post doesn't belong here (I wasn't sure) please move it!)
EDIT: Thanks!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2007
*hehe*

Even I can see this bit...
Code:
message 0x6C47FC
= Huh hey

that should be #org 0x6c47fc .... That will get your text working......

And try using wait 0 to pause for the movement instead of pause....
I don't know the timing for it but according to posts above I think your making the same mistake everyone else does.

Years
*hehe*

Even I can see this bit...
Code:
message 0x6C47FC
= Huh hey

that should be #org 0x6c47fc .... That will get your text working......

And try using wait 0 to pause for the movement instead of pause....
I don't know the timing for it but according to posts above I think your making the same mistake everyone else does.
Oh yeah... darn. *edits*

The pause commands are no problem, they are supossed to work like that. Each step is +10, so i.e. 8 steps would make pause 0x80

...I counted them all twice, so i'm pretty sure they all work.

I think that the reason why the Mark guy doesn't move is because I didn't put 0x in front of 12... In Advance Map, the Mark guy's people number is 12. I heard that, if you leave out 0x, Diamond Cutter would convert it to hex automatically.

But I still don't know why the last movement and the warp don't work.

Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Does anyone know how to make shiny poke battle...???

one more, what the fuction of
writebytetooffset
callasm
killscript

in scripted...

Irish Witch

Office Jenny
Years
No, it's the other way around.
in scripted, pokescript whatever:
Leave out 0x means it's decimal.
Put it in means it's hex.

I think the number in elitemap is decimal, but yea, make sure they match up
and make sure your not mixing up the event number and people number.
That sometimes happens.

you want people no.

also, it's not said but it's not actually 0x10 per item..
you also ad 0x10 for the #raw FE plus 0x10 for the command itself.

So the result should theoretically be 0x100 for that first movement command if done properly. 0x80 will work, provided the command after is a text box or something so it has time to catch up.

But I still prefer to use pausemove 0
... Older versions of scripted may use wait 0
The most recent versions actually support BOTH.

Last edited:
Years
No, it's the other way around.
in scripted, pokescript whatever:
Leave out 0x means it's decimal.
Put it in means it's hex.

I think the number in elitemap is decimal, but yea, make sure they match up
and make sure your not mixing up the event number and people number.
That sometimes happens.

you want people no.

also, it's not said but it's not actually 0x10 per item..
you also ad 0x10 for the #raw FE plus 0x10 for the command itself.

So the result should theoretically be 0x100 for that first movement command if done properly. 0x80 will work, provided the command after is a text box or something so it has time to catch up.

But I still prefer to use pausemove 0
... Older versions of scripted may use wait 0
The most recent versions actually support BOTH.
That's what I meant, it IS a decimal number, but Diamond Cutter converts it to hex when it puts the script in the game.

It's from Advance Map, but i'm pretty sure it's decimal. In fact, I've never seen a decimal event/people number in Advance Map.

Hm... maybe i'll try to use 0xC (12 in hex) later.

foofatron

Banned
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 2, 2007
[QUOTE=zel;
What is the real problem... Seems like it was compiled... Sooo?

I doesn't work i type it in the people offsets and it doesn't work.The person just stands there and says nothing.

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2018
I cant give an answer to this, sorry. My aunt is the one with the experience here.

I do have one suggestion, I know sel put the lines
#raw 0x67

i dont see the suggestion in thit?:S

Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2007
Ignore that message Monkey,

There had been a bug in the program making the line in bold not process correctly.
I was suggesting leave those lines out, but the bug is fixed now.

Re-download, install... Report back if it works!

max1992

newbie hacker
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 28, 2007
plz check my script.........................

hi
i am workin on pkescript i compiled this script but it aint wokin plz help
#org $Startscript
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x200
if 1 goto $GotIt
message $AskMe
$AskMe 1 = Would you like a free pokemon?
boxset 5
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 1 goto $Giveit
message $Forget
$Forget 1 = Oh.. Ok, forget it!
boxset 6
release
end

#org $Gotit
message $Howis
$Howis 1 = So, How's the pokemon?
boxset 6
release
end

#org $Giveit
givepokemon 0x288 5 0
message $Whatisit
$Whatisit 1= You Recieved a zigzagoon!
boxset 6
release
setflag 0x200
end

when i apply it to the guy under the board of littleroot town when i talk to him(after getting running shoes) the text comes
"Would you like a free pokemon?" if i press yen ti repetes its self if i press no the message"Oh.. Ok, forget it!"displays and the box comes out

plz help me thanks a bunch!!!!!!!!

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
First of all, I must apologize for the length of this reply, I'll try to size it down using spoilers... I'll try... :D

zel all items or just a 15 items?

ZEL's EDIT: There are some explanations added here, have a look at them.
list:
masterball -> 0001 -> 00 01 -> double cero can turn into "0", while 01 can turn into 1 -> 0 1 -> swap -> 1 0 -> write to list
ultraball -> 0002 -> 00 02 -> 0 2 -> swap -> 1 0 -> write
greatball -> 0003 -> 00 03 -> 0 3 -> 3 0
pokeball
safariball
netball
diveball
nestball
repeatball
timerball -> 000A -> 0 A -> A 0
luxuryball
premierball
full restore -> 0013 -> 0 13 -> 13 0
max potion
max revive

i will hold it at this

rinnip i dont understand it:S

Notice how I build my "item list", of course, some other people may do it differently, this is the way I do it.

OK then, your script should be (stand by for some comments)

#org 0x8096F0
lock
faceplayer
#raw 0x67
pokemart 0x809710
release
end

#org 0x809710
#binary 1 0 2 0 3 0 4 0 5 0 6 0 7 0 8 0 9 0 A 0 B 0 C 0 13 0 14 0 19 0 0 0

It seems as you put the items in the FR order, so I think you already had the FR item list, ah? :P
Keep in mind the #org 0x8096F0, and 0x809710 are just as an example, you can put the script anywhere you want. But the size is important, so if you put it at 0xWhatever, the second part must be at least at 0xWhatever+20
Oh, by the way... Are you ok with selling all those items... I mean, do you seriously intend to sell a Masterball??? ('cause it's sold for $0, unless you modify it with Advance-Mart's Item Editor)

For the rest... Notice I didn't have to use the 0x, however the values are still in hex. It may be confusing, je!, I'm used to it...

I compiled the following script using DiamondCutter:
EDIT: Oh, and I'm hacking Ruby.

org 0x6C46D0
message 0x6C4A54
boxset 0x6
pause 0x10
warp 0x1 0x4 0x0
release
end

I hope that anyone can help me!
(if this post doesn't belong here (I wasn't sure) please move it!)
EDIT: Thanks!

Well, you can't add any other command after the warp (because you are in another map, and the game forgets about the original script). And, I'm curious about the freeze... What is it? Is it just a normal freeze... Or a constant flashing freeze? (I saw lots of different freeze... As you see... :P)
I don't know but maybe you are overwriting offset. Your main script is quite long... It could be possible... Hex Editors may help you find out.

Spoiler:

I doesn't work i type it in the people offsets and it doesn't work.The person just stands there and says nothing.

First, I re-attached your script so we don't lose it (hidden in the spoiler tags)

And, the script should be compiled correctly, as it is correct. So, most likely, there's some other kind of problem when you are writing it into AdvanceMap (I suppose you didn't forgot the "$" sign, don't you?)

hi
i am workin on pkescript i compiled this script but it aint wokin plz help

when i apply it to the guy under the board of littleroot town when i talk to him(after getting running shoes) the text comes

plz help me thanks a bunch!!!!!!!!

Well, once again I'm getting into pokescript when I don't really use it hehe... XD

But, it seems to have the same problem with the givepokemon command. All of you, if you want to use the givepokemon command, you must use it as your last command (of course you need "end" after it), else it will truncate your script, in your specific case, it will not reproduce the message "you received a Zigzagoon", and will not set the flag, thus making the event keep repeating as you keep talking to the person.

So, as a suggestion for Irish Witch, maybe you should try to, when you are compiling, if you find a givepokemon command, put it in the bottom of the script, or something, so they can put it anywhere, and the program makes the work. ;)

foofatron

Banned
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 2, 2007
No I put the it like $800000 that is there something I'm missing?I make a new person get his pic,put him where I need him and go to script offset after I click on him and type ^ that in.Then I go to talk to the guy and he says nothing.

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2018
Ignore that message Monkey,

There had been a bug in the program making the line in bold not process correctly.
I was suggesting leave those lines out, but the bug is fixed now.

Re-download, install... Report back if it works!

sell and cancel doing normale but when i wanna do buy it black screens

i edit later when i tested zel's script

edit: i cant work with scriptED i get all time error so i cant test Zel's script i tryed to do it in pokescript language but then i get error when compiling "rune time error 13 type mismatch"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back