• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Is there a way to make something like an item deposit script? Similar to a bank script but this one works on items and lets you choose what items you want to deposit.

shiny quagsire has made an asm routine that allows you to select an item from the bag and a routine that allows you to select an item from the berry bag. its in his signature.

Ah, yes. This was great advice, except that I couldn't find something that worked for me. This tutorial was the closest thing that I found, which details how to insert trainers, including changing their palettes. But when I get to the part about APE, checking the 'Compressed Palette (L277)' box and hitting the back and forward arrows, it doesn't work. It takes me away from the offset I was using and doesn't bring me back.

Is there a tutorial out there specifically for changing the World Map palette? I feel like it shouldn't be this hard to find, or I'm missing something ridiculously obvious, since so many people succeed at editing it...the tutorial I was originally using literally says "Sooo... I didn't tell you how to change the palette, I think you can this."

load the world map in vba. go to the palette viewer. click on the first colour in the palette that looks like the one that your world map uses. write down the four characters that come up, but switch the first two numbers with the second two numbers. do that for all of the colours in that row. copy the data you have made. load your rom in a hex editor. look for that data. note down the offset. load your rom in ape. load the offset. edit the palette.

this is in the tutorials section. you didnt search hard enough.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Yes, as you know, HackMew said that his tools could be updated, as long as they stayed open source. Gamer2020 decided to take that on and he began by fixing several bugs and uploaded it about a week ago.

My timing is quite excellent, in that case! We have a bit of a storm here now and possible powerouts (already some elsewhere), so I'll take a look a little later. I've already promised myself that if I can't do it right I'm not touching the scripts, but I at least want to see if I can figure it out; I did take computer programming at one point in my life. :)

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2014
Would anybody have a FireRed decapitalization script? I'm using JPAN's hacked engine, and would like to have my text not all capitalized.

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
Would anybody have a FireRed decapitalization script? I'm using JPAN's hacked engine, and would like to have my text not all capitalized.

Use Wichu's Decapitalization Patch.

Although you have put it in the wrong order I guess. :/ You have to patch the decapitalization patch then Jpans engine so there won't be problems with your hack.

Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2014
Thanks, I'm just getting started on my hack, so I don't know all the little things like that yet.

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
I'm not sure if var 4000 is safe to use. Even though I set it in a script, it resets when I re-enter a map. How ever I skipped the first 16 vars and 0x4010 works fine. I could be doing something wrong though, I used them on a level/map script

Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2016
One quick question:

Is it possible to assign a stone evolution event to a multichoice menu option? Say that I want to make an event to evolve Eevee directly, without the player obtaining a stone. Would this be a simple script?

Years
I'm not sure if var 4000 is safe to use. Even though I set it in a script, it resets when I re-enter a map. How ever I skipped the first 16 vars and 0x4010 works fine. I could be doing something wrong though, I used them on a level/map script

it is a temporary variable. just use a few higher variables, around 0x4020 - 0x40FF

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Does nobody really know what the offset for these are?

And does anyone know the offset for the Graphics of the Battle Textbox? The one also shown above?

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
One quick question:

Is it possible to assign a stone evolution event to a multichoice menu option? Say that I want to make an event to evolve Eevee directly, without the player obtaining a stone. Would this be a simple script?

I remember reading a thread about this somewhere. It was before we knew how to make new evolutionary stones and I think Jambo came in and explained all about evolution and how it works. It is not simple, I can tell you that. It would be ten times easier just to give the player a choice of stones.

If you do want to do it the other way, you would have to call the evolution routine directly through the callasm command, but there is much setup that would have to be done.

Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2016
ZodiacDaGreat's Trader Advanced editor allows one to edit the OT, ID, species, nature, IVs, ability, etc. of Pokemon received in in-game trades.

Is it possible to edit the gender of the received Pokemon?

Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2014
Hi,

in Ruby a good list of free variables are the 5xxx (like 5000,5001,...)

Anyone known a list of free flags?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: I known that flags from 0x1000 are not used in script directly...but is it safe to use that flags? Or maybe they was used for other things like pokemon in pokedex?

Thanks

Last edited:

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
Years
I have an Question. It is possible to add more than 5 evolution methods? I want add to my POKEMON RUBY hack a LEAFEON, GLACEON and SYLVEON. I want use for them an Empty Pokemon Slots. It is possible to expand Pokemon Evolution methods from 5 to 8? I try search for it in Google but I do not found any answer.

Last edited:

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
ZodiacDaGreat's Trader Advanced editor allows one to edit the OT, ID, species, nature, IVs, ability, etc. of Pokemon received in in-game trades.

Is it possible to edit the gender of the received Pokemon?

The gender varies from what gender the pokemon you are going to trade.

For example you gave a Male Spearow for a Farfetch'd then you will get a male Farfetch'd. It's that simple. ;)

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Hi,

in Ruby a good list of free variables are the 5xxx (like 5000,5001,...)

Anyone known a list of free flags?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: I known that flags from 0x1000 are not used in script directly...but is it safe to use that flags? Or maybe they was used for other things like pokemon in pokedex?

Thanks

I would base my conclusions off of the flags that were used in game. I still would say (since the engines were similar) that what was safe for FR is safe for Ruby. This also means that vars in the 5000s are not safe. I have said in the past that they were, but I learned differently and went back to edit all of those posts.

However, there is no list for Ruby.

I have an Question. It is possible to add more than 5 evolution methods? I want add to my POKEMON RUBY hack a LEAFEON, GLACEON and SYLVEON. I want use for them an Empty Pokemon Slots. It is possible to expand Pokemon Evolution methods from 5 to 8? I try search for it in Google but I do not found any answer.

It is possible, but you would have to rewrite the entire evolution checking routine. You see, all evolutions are stored in a pool of data. There are 2 bytes per evolution, so 10 bytes per pokemon, and every 10 bytes is a new pokemons data. The game basically does this: "pokemon's number" * "10" + "offset of evolution table" = "Evolution bank for pokemon X".

So, you would have to rewrite the routine to multiply by 16 instead of 10 and then rewrite the entire table to have 8 evolutions for each pokemon.

Now, you could also branch the evolution routine when it is an eevee to go to a separate routine which will run a new code specifically for the new evolutions.

All of these require ASM.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2014
So thousand of people are hacking ruby, but no one known which flags are safe? So many hack will have script problems :P

Thanks anyway karatekid :)

ps. You will be present as a character in my hack :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back