• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] «Sword Art Online: Sanctuary» [OOC/SU][T]

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
My feelings about the SAO anime are...complicated. Originally I really liked it, but then the show cheated its own rules. If another show were to to what this show did, I'd probably be fine with it, but because SAO is such a secure online game, the two times that it did this felt like a betrayal of the fanbase. Granted, the LN shares this, but probably what really made me angry was the end of the SAO arc of the anime, which, for the longest time really pissed me off. The LN explains how the end would have been capable by any player, and how it wasn't a matter of feelings or love. Or cheating. However, the anime portrayed it as such.

And Alfheim, it was really rushed and REALLY slimmed down in the anime. Plus, Kirito feels more human in the Light Novel. He's more developed, and his feelings feel more genuine. Plus, we see more of him, when he was still on level with other players and the like, so he's not always OP, which he pretty much is throughout the second half of the anime.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
I liked the anime... well, the SAO arc anyway. The Alfheim arc I'm in mixed feelings with because of the weird kinda-a-love-triangle-but-not-really..? thing going on with Kirito. I would love to read the LN but I can't read Japanese and apparently LN translations are normally terrible?

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
I believe I've finished my SU. Does it need to be worked on?

Haha. Excellent! I guess it's been a while since. I'll work on my SU throughout the day.

Real Life Name: Jirudo Yoshi
In-game name: Taka (If Naruto serves to memory, it means Hawk in Japanese)

Appearance: Jirudo/Taka stands at 5'7, being a bit short/a little under average for his age. He has a slim build, but has a bit of muscle to all that skin and bones. He looks as if he should be eating his heart out in order to bulk up, but he refuses to eat more than a few bites at the dinner table/campfire circle. His face is thin and angular with long golden hair lining the side. He keeps his hair unbound and untrimmed, and it cascades down to his waist in long golden locks. It kind of explodes everywhere, like a big lion's mane. He has strangely deep blue eyes that seem to calm a storm on a dark night. He has a light golden scrubble around his chin. He is rather fair of face, but he is little more than slightly-above average. He can normally be seen with a jovial grin on his face.

He has a tattoos of hawk wings on the underside of both his arms that extend all the way to his shoulder, as well as a tattoo on the back of his neck: The head of a hawk. His sword's crossguard itself is the wings of a hawk in a deep purple color. The hilt is about a foot long, and is deep purple as well. The blade itself is around five feet long, and is single edged. Imagine if Cloud's Buster Blade, and Zabuza Mimochi's sword had a baby. That's what it would look like.Although it is rather...Massive, he manages to wield it wth enough strength to be considered a formidable opponent. His blade is a dropped item from an opponent, and is known as (thanks to Taka's terrible naming skills) "Poetic Justice." It has a greater strength than a lot of basic two handed swords, and is more of a mid-leveled sword. His armor is nothing more than a long black cloak that he wears over his basic armor. It gives him more of a mysterious aura when he needs it, and provides a minor defense boost.

Personality:
Life is much like music, so why not dance? -Taka/Jirudo​

Jirudo has always been a hopeless romantic. He believes desperately in love, but he has never fallen in it. He wants to be in love, to feel the rush when he holds a certain someone's hand, and he has been searching for his girl for years upon years, but to no avail. Taka is always playing his instruments, seeing as Jirudo could play as well, and is never without lack for a song or a poem. He is a self-confessed poet and, when not grinding, is normally writing poetry or songs to woo a girl, or to tell an epic tale. Taka is always the optimist, preferring to have a light heart and a sharp blade. He is a good friend, and a fearless fighter, so long as he has a friend or two beside him.

When he isn't serenading or fighting, he's hanging out with whoever is willing to hang out with him. Many people try to avoid him because of his optimism, so he normally hangs out with the social outcasts, but he isn't a stranger to the working of the popular crowd. He knows how to go about in the social structure, but he's never been a fan of the whole "He said 'She said'" thing.

History: Jirudo was always a happy child. As a youngling he fantasized about being a knight in shining armor, winning the day as well as the beautiful damsel. He lived these fantasies in his dreams, in his imagination, and in his writings. He always had a knack for writing, be it liquid poetry, or epic tales of adventure and bravery. Jirudo was shunned for these particular reasons. He never had any good friends growing up, but he always had himself, and that was all he needed. The young lad was in love with adventure, always running off while out with his parents. He soon acquired the talent of being able to disappear whenever he wanted to. During his middle school years, his lust for adventure and bravery had slowed down a good deal, but he still wantted to be a hero. He didn't want his boring life. He wanted one filled with action, adventure, and a love interest beyond all compare. He got caught in an accident that almost cost him his life, but he still did not slow down.

Things went on normally for years until SAO came out. When the game was released, he leapt at the chance and bought it immediately. Waiting for the beta trials to be over with was the greatest trial of patience in his entire life. Jirudo had always liked hawks, going as so far as to have a hawk tattooed onto his body, so he decided to name his character Taka. Taka was just like Jirudo in every concept. He didn't change a thing in order to save the SAO world as himself. When the log-out button disappeared and most people despared, Taka took the chance as a sign that it was HIS time to shine, that he was destined to defeat the final boss. He went to the frontlines immediately, fighting as long and hard as he could, training himself and honing his skills. He has been doing this ever since the beginning.

Skills: (See the skills list two sections below this one. You need atleast one weapon skill, combat skill and non-combat skill.)
- Musical Instrument- Lute, Wood Harp, All forms of guitars be it steel or electric, drums, Any stringed orchestral music. He knows how to play so many do to his musical skills in the real world.
- Detection
- Delay
- Two-Handed Straight Sword

Equipment:
  1. Poetic Justice: Taka's two-handed buster sword. This thing is pretty big, no doubt about it, being about 5 or 6 feet long. Has a medium amount of damage, but critical hits can cause a great amount. It's relatively easy to wield if you're skill is high enough.
  2. Hair Band of Righteousness: Doesn't really do anything except tie hair back. What did you expect?
  3. Cloak of Bravery: Taka's black cloak. It provides a stealth bonus, a defense bonus, and has the potential to make you look like a badass.
  4. Boots of Fury: Provides a slight defensive boost and increases speed, as well as aerial maneuverability.

Sword arts:
Taka Rising- Gold Aura- Taka's sword grows immensly lighter and he is able to swing it at incredible speeds. Normally this lasts for five or six hits before he finishes with an upward strike. Activates when one holds their blade straight up out in front of them.
Earth Shatter- Deep Green Aura- Taka bring shis sword down with enough strength to cut the ground in two, causing a small chasm to appear. Activates when one jumps into the air and brings their sword down. Only works close to the ground.

Level: 13
Code: Link. START!

Last edited:

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
Heheh, something tells me that if Turnip meets Taka, he'll find him unbearably annoying :p
Sort of reminds me of the general bard character. Looks like this could be fun...

Okaayy, looks like people are leaving the dungeon anyhow and going off to sleepy-sleep. Not going with the dungeon camp-out, then. And meanwhile, everyone else is waking up... HELP! SOME OF US ARE STUCK IN THE PAST! Garblegurglegarpblubububub.... *drowns in past because that's a thing that's possible*

I think I'm still waiting on some other posts, though I'm not sure. Machomuu, maybe? Eh. Anywho, I'd, uh... like to request something...

I've sort of had the idea in my head for a while now, and I had the funny feeling it might be fairly commonplace anyway, but is it all right if Turnip just doesn't sleep? Like, not ever? I had the cunning plan that, should a party form, he could take the night watch. If, of course, the party is willing to go with safety at the expense of having some creepy armour-clad bloke watch them sleep.

Realistically speaking, the players are pretty much in a coma as it is, so sleep doesn't seem as much of a necessity as in real life. And Turnip, being thoroughly engrossed in the game, would probably be pretty adept at disconnecting himself from his corporeal form anyhow, knowing him. Don't know if the issue was addressed in the animé, but if it was then I missed it. I know they said something about pain, and eating, I think, but not sleep. Any thoughts?

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Loved your post hereto :)

if anyone would like they can interact with Princess she's just leaving Tolbana Town with her guild.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
I must say, this is my favorite character I've ever created. I find myself wanting to say the things he says a lot more than I should!

But Taka will be passing through the gates to Tolbana Town, so you can mention an unnaturally happy singer passing through.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Heheh, something tells me that if Turnip meets Taka, he'll find him unbearably annoying :p
Sort of reminds me of the general bard character. Looks like this could be fun...

Okaayy, looks like people are leaving the dungeon anyhow and going off to sleepy-sleep. Not going with the dungeon camp-out, then. And meanwhile, everyone else is waking up... HELP! SOME OF US ARE STUCK IN THE PAST! Garblegurglegarpblubububub.... *drowns in past because that's a thing that's possible*

I think I'm still waiting on some other posts, though I'm not sure. Machomuu, maybe? Eh. Anywho, I'd, uh... like to request something...

I've sort of had the idea in my head for a while now, and I had the funny feeling it might be fairly commonplace anyway, but is it all right if Turnip just doesn't sleep? Like, not ever? I had the cunning plan that, should a party form, he could take the night watch. If, of course, the party is willing to go with safety at the expense of having some creepy armour-clad bloke watch them sleep.

Realistically speaking, the players are pretty much in a coma as it is, so sleep doesn't seem as much of a necessity as in real life. And Turnip, being thoroughly engrossed in the game, would probably be pretty adept at disconnecting himself from his corporeal form anyhow, knowing him. Don't know if the issue was addressed in the animé, but if it was then I missed it. I know they said something about pain, and eating, I think, but not sleep. Any thoughts?
Not sure about the anime, but here's a passage from the Light Novel
As a side-note, there were two basic bodily needs that existed in SAO. One was fatigue and
the other was hunger.

I understood why fatigue existed. Virtual information and real information were no different
to the users' brains. If players became sleepy they could go to an inn and rent a room to sleep
in depending on the amount of money they had in their pockets. If one hoarded a large
amount of Coll, they could buy a house, but the amount of money needed wasn't small.
Hunger was a need that many players thought of as strange. Although they didn't really want
to imagine what was happening to their bodies in the real world, it was most probable that we
were being force fed nutrients somehow. That meant that the emptiness we felt here had
nothing to do with our real bodies.

But if we bought some virtual bread or meat in the game and ate it, the emptiness disappeared
and we felt full. There was no way to find out how this strange mechanism worked, short of
asking a professional in the field of neurology.

So the opposite was true too; the hunger didn't disappear unless we ate something. We most
probably wouldn't die if we starved, but the fact that it's a need that's hard to ignore doesn't
change. So the players visited the restaurants that the NPCs ran daily and ate some food there,
at least data-wise.

Also, there was no need to excrete waste in the game. As to what was happening in the real
world, I didn't even want to think about it.

Also, I thought that it was your turn...but looking at it now, I guess not :P Gimme a little while and I'll have my post up.

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
Not sure about the anime, but here's a passage from the Light Novel

Based on that... eehhh, I think it's still fairly plausible. Eating probably wouldn't be a problem for him. As seriously/not seriously as he takes SAO, it isn't really any more serious than he'd take any other game. They're real life-or-death situations, yeah - but Turnip's in game mode. He's a gamer and he's playing a game, no matter the stakes at hand. So less bound by the life/game divide/fusion, but more reckless in his relative fearlessness. Dangerous ground... At any rate, he certainly isn't as human as your average... human. Though you could probably guess he's a bit of a weird one.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Based on that... eehhh, I think it's still fairly plausible. Eating probably wouldn't be a problem for him. As seriously/not seriously as he takes SAO, it isn't really any more serious than he'd take any other game. They're real life-or-death situations, yeah - but Turnip's in game mode. He's a gamer and he's playing a game, no matter the stakes at hand. So less bound by the life/game divide/fusion, but more reckless in his relative fearlessness. Dangerous ground... At any rate, he certainly isn't as human as your average... human. Though you could probably guess he's a bit of a weird one.
Well it's not so much a matter of the brain creating this feeling as it is the Nervegear planting the sensation in the SAO-active part of the game. Therefore, the SAO avatar will feel hunger and fatigue separate from that of the human body, but they'll still feel hunger or sleepiness regardless. Now, I could see him ignoring this, but I'd think that there would repercussions to his effectiveness since this is an artificial recreation of a real feeling, and thus the brain would create a sort of depressant in the SAO avatar as a sort of "eat and sleep, stupid!" mechanism, should they go too long without it. They probably wouldn't die, but it would definitely wear on the user, and their body would probably react as a real one would in terms of effectiveness, motor skills, etc.

I mean, this is just a suggestion and a theory, but I don't think anyone could really ignore the impulses of food and sleep and be so "in the zone" for 30+ days...though I think that if they were to, their brain would produce the depressant (and possibly pain) that I mentioned.

Last edited:

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
Years
I have to agree with Macho here. Fatigue is mentioned in both the LN and the anime(I think so, at least), and usually if you're staying up for several days at a time your body will literally shut down. Think about what the sleeping process does for the body anyway. It functions as a stress reliever for the brain and other muscles, so it would be rather unrealistic (read impossible) for the character to never sleep.

Edit: No, players who kill PKers are considered defending themselves by the system, thus they are not considered Player Killers.

Geras

Roleplayer
Years
Actually, I think there's probably a big difference between killing a player killer and killing a player who is attempting to kill you. The latter is self defense regardless of player color and the former is murder, also regardless.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Well, players who kill player killers for the sake of killing player killers and not for the sake of self defense would be called Player Killer Killers. I'm not sure if it's a term that's used too often, but the term is used several times in Dot Hack G.U. I'd not surprised if they created the term, but I could see it in use here.

However, regardless, I think Colony's point is that the system sees a player killing a player killer as self defense, not necessarily weighing in on whether one case is murder and the other is self defense.

Back