• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Expert Emerald~ FINAL BETA RELEASED (Project Complete)

Overall Hack Rating!

• ★★★★★

Votes: 756 69.3%
  • ★★★★

Votes: 230 21.1%
  • ★★★

Votes: 60 5.5%
  • ★★

Votes: 10 0.9%
  • Votes: 35 3.2%

• Total voters

blue

gucci
Years
The only thing you did wrong was not explaining it so some people (i.e me) could understand xD. Then I found that you explained it somewhere in this thread and I got it :D

EDIT: Is there an issue in updating with the new patches and having an existing game save of the ROM hack?

No, if you patch the latest patch over your current game it will not be effected at all, meaning it will be patched but your game will remain as it was.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016

No, if you patch the latest patch over your current game it will not be effected at all, meaning it will be patched but your game will remain as it was.

Awesome :D Thanks.

Any plans to include a physical/special/other move split? Day/night?

but, yeah. bug fixes/breaks first. I hope this patch keeps getting better. :3

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2019
^Yeah, being able to run inside buildings would be awesome, but that would probably be quite hard to implement? idk
Also, from training my Cacturne & Swellow, I've found a couple of things:

• Swellow learns Aerial Ace at level 38, before it learns Drill Peck, and since you modified Aerial Ace to be more powerful, there is no reason to use Drill Peck, which is why I think it would be more logical for Swellow to learn Drill Peck before Aerial Ace.

• Similar to Swellow, Cacturne learns Leaf Blade before Needle Arm (at 41), and since Leaf Blade is more powerful than Needle Arm, there is no reason to use Needle Arm.
These are just minor things, but I thought it would make more sense to learn a less powerful move earlier. Another tiny thing is that since you improved Giga Drain, it now has more PP than Mega Drain, which is fine, but would it make more sense to increase Absorb's PP to 25 and Mega Drain's to 20? Again, these are very insignificant, but I just thought I'd point them out. :)

blue

gucci
Years
Suicune implement your chance to race in the buildings that is in the interior?

It would be good but I'd have to learn how to do that first.

^Yeah, being able to run inside buildings would be awesome, but that would probably be quite hard to implement? idk
Also, from training my Cacturne & Swellow, I've found a couple of things:

• Swellow learns Aerial Ace at level 38, before it learns Drill Peck, and since you modified Aerial Ace to be more powerful, there is no reason to use Drill Peck, which is why I think it would be more logical for Swellow to learn Drill Peck before Aerial Ace. Infact, thanks for pointing that out because it seems logical to have more powerful attacks at later levels.

• Similar to Swellow, Cacturne learns Leaf Blade before Needle Arm (at 41), and since Leaf Blade is more powerful than Needle Arm, there is no reason to use Needle Arm.
These are just minor things, but I thought it would make more sence to learn a less powerful move earlier. Another tiny thing is that since you improved Giga Drain, it now has more PP than Mega Drain, which is fine, but would it make more sence to increase Absorb's PP to 25 and Mega Drain's to 20? Again, these are very insignificant, but I just thought I'd point them out. :)

That's true, I edited the movesets before changing the power & PP of the moves so basically I just left it to one side but the reason why theres more than one type move is to give more of a choice instead of just being stuck with one but yeah I suppose I could change the levels of learning, after all it would make sence.
I'll update shortly, I need to do a couple of other things anyway so I'll get them in it too.

Also, I just noticed someone said that Day/Night should be implemented, do you guys reckon I should insert the Day & Night system?

Last edited:

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
Years
Actually, implenting running in building isn't that hard
There's a tool call Misc. Editor or something, I know it works with FireRed, not 100% sure on Emerald, but it lets you change a few things like running in building with the click of the mouse!

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2019
Day and night would be nice, and seasons would be amazing, but with day & night would you be changing which Pokémon appear at which times? I don't mind whether or not you do do that, but would you also have to make light sources so it's not pitch black? That sounds tricky, and if the only benefit to day/night is Pokémon spawns then it doesn't really seem worth it (to me). One thing I'd love is decapitalisation of names, Pokémon, moves etc. This probably won't matter to other people but I'd really love this. Also, a larger bag? I don't know if that's possible, but both of these things are things I would love to see. :)

blue

gucci
Years
Actually, implenting running in building isn't that hard
There's a tool call Misc. Editor or something, I know it works with FireRed, not 100% sure on Emerald, but it lets you change a few things like running in building with the click of the mouse!

Oh right, well I'll try and find it and see what I can do, thanks!

Day and night would be nice, and seasons would be amazing, but with day & night would you be changing which Pokémon appear at which times? I don't mind whether or not you do do that, but would you also have to make light sources so it's not pitch black? That sounds tricky, and if the only benefit to day/night is Pokémon spawns then it doesn't really seem worth it (to me). One thing I'd love is decapitalisation of names, Pokémon, moves etc. This probably won't matter to other people but I'd really love this. Also, a larger bag? I don't know if that's possible, but both of these things are things I would love to see. :)

These are good ideas, I tried using the DNS tool and it doesn't effect what Pokémon appear when because RSE was initially programmed to having no D/N system, the only benefit is that it would make it look good, I'll see what it looks like myself and make a decision.
I'm not sure I'd be able to expand the bag, I could attempt to but I'm not promising anything, I'll be doing an update shortly.

Beta 7.5

Ok so the first thing I've changed which was suggestion is the running restrictions, you are now able to run indoors! I was going to add the Day/Night/Season system but the only advantage it would bring is the appearance and even then, during battles it can mess up the colours of the battle scene. I have edited some more attacks and a couple of movesets, there are as followed:

Theif now has a PP of 15 and Power of 60
Confusion now has a Power of 55
Thundershock now has a Power of 60
Spark now has a PP of 25 and Power of 70
Shock Wave now has a Power of 75
Rock Blast now has a Power of 30
Bubblebeam now has a Power of 75
Water Pulse now has a Power of 85
Leaf Blade now has a Power of 90
Blaze Kick now has a PP of 15 and a Power of 90
Sky Uppercut now has a Power of 90
Icicle Spear now has a Power of 20

Swellow learns Drill Peck at Level 36 & Aerial Ace at Level 44
Cacturne learns Needle Arm at Level 36 & Leaf Blade at Level 46

PokemonExpertEmerald_04-1.png

Also, if anyone has the link to the Pokémon Emerald De-Capitalization patch that would be great!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2019
I've encountered some kind of glitch Pokémon after going down one level in the Abandoned Ship. All three of these rooms contain a question mark thing: d.pr/gEpf (just put http in front of that to see the image; I can't post links yet)

blue

gucci
Years
I've encountered some kind of glitch Pokémon after going down one level in the Abandoned Ship. All three of these rooms contain a question mark thing: d.pr/gEpf (just put http in front of that to see the image; I can't post links yet)

What seems to be the problem, am I looking at the correct image here?
iPhoneimageon2012-03-11at22-47-28.png

The Grubby Pup

Where's mah shiny squeaky ball
Years
LOL I remember posting something here...it's when you first put this up...I think 2nd page. I was da one who asked about Taillow and why it evolves so late.

...But funny thing, I just end up training a Doduo...Since they're obtainable, before Taillow. LOL

I haven't downloaded a new version in awhile...The last one was...I think you was still in beta 6...I'll probably download 7.5 and start a new file, since I haven't played it in awhile...Last time I played, I had 6 HARD EARNED badges.

Despite all that, I do always check to see what other new stuff you've added once you release a new version...Cuz you do release a new very often. :)

Btw, there's NO other 3rd gen modification out better than yours...NONE! This gots to be one of da best I've played...It has da difficult and the awesome new scripts; which always give it a fresh feel.

Only thing's missing...New sprites. And I guess new tiles...LOL...Tho, it's not really necessary...I mean, your game's already good with or without it...Ya know what I mean. ;)

Keep it up...

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Here is how to replace the misplaced Rainbow Ticket for Eon Ticket.

You need Advanced Map and some kind of script editor (I use XSE)
(Not sure if it will work on other script editors)

1. Open Advanced Map
2. Open your pokemon ROM
3. Double click "from head" on the left
4. Scroll to 26. Double click that.
5. Go to the first "BATTLE FRONTIER (26.4)" Double click it.
6. Now you should see one half of battle frontier.
7. Scroll down to the bottom of the map.
8. Now click the "Events" tab.
9. You should either see some sprites appear or some boxes with letters in them.
10. Click the pokeball (item) closest to the bottom.
11. On the right pane click "Open script"
12. You should see this appear
giveitem 0x170 0x1 0x1
13. Change the "170" to "113" DONT ADD/DELETE ANY SPACES
14. Click "Compile Icon" (looks like two gears next to each other.)
15. Close the compiler and the script editor. Click don't save.
16. (in advanced map) Click file and click "save"

Now Rainbow pass should be swapped for Eon Ticket.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2019

What seems to be the problem, am I looking at the correct image here?
Yeah, sorry I didn't explain it very well. I went into all three of those rooms beneath my character and in all three of them a wild Pokémon (in this case it was a question mark inside a circle with no name) appeared. I didn't save after seeing them, but I don't know if this is happening to anyone else? There are some items and trainers in there (I think) but whenever I go in the wild question mark thing appears.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I have a question, so I did the whole thing where you add 1386 to the given 32-bit hex code and then go to that code, but when I did that, it resulted in an offset that did not even exist, my result was 2026DCE, and as i said, It does not even exist, any idea on what I should do?
I suggest doing it again... there must be some kind of mistake in your case.

As for the DNS... I wouldn't implement it.
Do we still want Emerald or completely new hack? I think the good part about this hack was that we could actually play it as Emerald only with minor changes ;)

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2019
Yeah, sorry I didn't explain it very well. I went into all three of those rooms beneath my character and in all three of them a wild Pokémon (in this case it was a question mark inside a circle with no name) appeared. I didn't save after seeing them, but I don't know if this is happening to anyone else? There are some items and trainers in there (I think) but whenever I go in the wild question mark thing appears.
I went in again so I could get a screenshot: d.pr/zwbr (once again, just put http before it)

Years
  • Seen May 1, 2012
Route 106 appears to be bugged, no Pokémon show up either through surfing or fishing.

Also, since I've had no luck in finding any, where can I find Unown and Lapras?

blue

gucci
Years
Route 106 appears to be bugged, no Pokémon show up either through surfing or fishing.

Also, since I've had no luck in finding any, where can I find Unown and Lapras?

Lapras ~ Shoal Cave (Entrance Room, Rare)
Unown ~ Sky Pillar (Peak) - Next Update

I've just checked the data on Route 106 and some how the wild Pokémon Data has been deleted, I'll fix it in the next update, Unown will be in Sky Pillar once I've updated, Thanks for telling me.

Re-uploaded Beta 7.5 and fixed the Route 106 error, also edited Seakings stats up by a few.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2014
Hey Suicune, I've enjoyed this hack quite a lot since I'm the type of person that likes a challenge.

But, the one major gripe I have about Expert Emerald is that every gym battle (after Wattson) and the E4 are ALL double battles. I don't know if it's the same for the gym rematches since I haven't gotten that far, so I'm only basing this on what I see in the documentation.

I can understand that you wanted to present a different and more difficult challenge with the double battles, but personally, they just became unnecessarily annoying after a certain point.

I think I would've loved it if there were a few double battles sprinkled in with single battles, though, rather than just double battle after double battle.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2023
LOL I remember posting something here...it's when you first put this up...I think 2nd page. I was da one who asked about Taillow and why it evolves so late.

...But funny thing, I just end up training a Doduo...Since they're obtainable, before Taillow. LOL

Keep it up...
NO WAI I HAS DODUO TOO!?
Current Team:
Lvl 19 Umadkipz/Marshtomp
Lvl 16 Slowpoke(Man this thing was hard to train, but when I managed to taught it Water Gun, It's easier to train now.) Will turn into a Slowking.
Lvl 15 Meowth(this one caught up with my team really fast.)
Lvl 16 Doduo

Back