• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
No they wouldn't. Only the Pokemon on your immediate team is all that they look at when you battle. So unless one on your immediate team is hacked, you won't have to worry about anything.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
Multiple Questions:

1. With Ferrothorn Sassy Evs 255/def and sp. def (I thought I was keeping track and somehow I think that happened) I am considering putting Toxic with it. Current moves
Poison Jab
Iron Defense
Power Whip
Curse

Should ID or Curse be replace with Toxic or keep as is?

Two. What is the mathematical formula for Ev training with pokerus and +4 ev item?

Ive read (Ev of defeated pkmn + '+4 item') X 2. Is this correct?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Multiple Questions:

1. With Ferrothorn Sassy Evs 255/def and sp. def (I thought I was keeping track and somehow I think that happened) I am considering putting Toxic with it. Current moves
Poison Jab
Iron Defense
Power Whip
Curse

Should ID or Curse be replace with Toxic or keep as is?

Two. What is the mathematical formula for Ev training with pokerus and +4 ev item?

Ive read (Ev of defeated pkmn + '+4 item') X 2. Is this correct?

Ferrothorn needs some kind of way to set up hazards which is its main purpose. Consider putting Leech Seed or Stealth Rock on the set and it'll be much more effective. Poison Jab is also kinda useless because you don't really have a need to use it, but if you really want you can keep Curse although Protect might be of more use.

Also is http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6524881&postcount=6 what you mean by formula?

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years

Ferrothorn needs some kind of way to set up hazards which is its main purpose. Consider putting Leech Seed or Stealth Rock on the set and it'll be much more effective. Poison Jab is also kinda useless because you don't really have a need to use it, but if you really want you can keep Curse although Protect might be of more use.

Also is http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6524881&postcount=6 what you mean by formula?

I was doin research on that thinking the same thing. It doesnt naturally or TM learn Either of those moves,It looks like spikes is an egg move. I will look again.

Years
Hi there, my grandmother was nice enough to buy me my Christmas gift early. So I've finally moved on from the Original DS, to a lovely purple 3DS.

My question is regarding using my 3DS to play my Pokemon White game, from what I understand the games consider the DS it was played on and the game as a 'set.' So I'm curious about any repercussions/wait times/issues I may have with my pal list.

Also are there any other places besides the Elite four, where I can train my Pokemon? I seem to have beaten most if not all of the trainers in the immediate area and I'm looking to raise several Pokemon to evolution level.

Years
Hi there, my grandmother was nice enough to buy me my Christmas gift early. So I've finally moved on from the Original DS, to a lovely purple 3DS.

My question is regarding using my 3DS to play my Pokemon White game, from what I understand the games consider the DS it was played on and the game as a 'set.' So I'm curious about any repercussions/wait times/issues I may have with my pal list.

Also are there any other places besides the Elite four, where I can train my Pokemon? I seem to have beaten most if not all of the trainers in the immediate area and I'm looking to raise several Pokemon to evolution level.

After beating the Elite Four, there are several places where you can train your Pokemon.

I recommend the inside forest area of Giant Chasm, with Level 50+ Audinos which give out a LOT of EXP points.

There's also rematches in Nimbasa's two stadiums as well as Cheren at Victory Road.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
For the DS thing. I switch between my 3DS and my DS all the time and nothing happens. I can still do online trades and it hooks up to my Dream World on both so I don't think there are any issues with switching.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Regarding the Pal Pad list, your number will change, so make sure you communicate it to your "pals" or they won't connect with you.

Cyclone

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
Years
EV Training

I'm confused. So if you kill 50 Patrats, that's +5 attack points. Do they show up when you level up? It seems very unlikely that I'm going to keep fighting level 2-10 Patrats until my level 47 Excadrill levels up. I just don't quite understand when the EV's show up. Can I kill a large amount of Patrats and go elsewhere to train to finish leveling it up? Will it lose the EV's?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
You get 1 Point for every 4 EVs you get. They are put in with your stat gain on level up but are spread out, you won't get all of them as soon as you level up. I've tried XD.

But if you beat 50 Patrat you get 12 additional points to attack.

Only way to lose EVs is to give it a Berry that removes them.

Ice Car

Banned
Years
In the other games, EVs were applied during a level up, though starting Gen 5, EVs show up immediately in stats; as soon as you get 4 effort points in one stat, you gain one point even without leveling up. Because of this it is now possible to EV train level 100s.

Also, this could probably have gone in the Quick Questions thread...

Edit: ****in' ninjas. Anyway, I'm pretty sure my info on when EVs are gained/shown in stats is correct. I can affirm to it as I've tested it myself. There's no other explanation for my attack stat to have increased by 20 while EV training attack without leveling up once other than EVs being applied immediately.

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
Years
You get 1 Point for every 4 EVs you get. They are put in with your stat gain on level up but are spread out, you won't get all of them as soon as you level up. I've tried XD.

But if you beat 50 Patrat you get 12 additional points to attack.

Only way to lose EVs is to give it a Berry that removes them.

It seems so easy but I don't think I'll ever understand this.

So let's say I kill 50 Patrats. I get 1 ATT EV per kill, 10 EV per point, that's one full point for attack, right?

Psystar63

☆ || [The Wandering Star] || ☆
Years
I'm confused. So if you kill 50 Patrats, that's +5 attack points. Do they show up when you level up? It seems very unlikely that I'm going to keep fighting level 2-10 Patrats until my level 47 Excadrill levels up. I just don't quite understand when the EV's show up. Can I kill a large amount of Patrats and go elsewhere to train to finish leveling it up? Will it lose the EV's?

From what I understand, in the 5th gen, you don't have to wait until your pokemon levels up to see the effects of your training. You can see it after each battle.
Just try it out! Make note of your Pokemon's attack stat, then go knock out a few Patrats, maybe 5 or 10 or so. Check your Pokemon's attack stat again, and it will have risen.
Makes it easier to EV train lv100 pokemon.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Ice Car, don't minimod, just report next time! As mentioned, I'll be merging this with quick questions since you probably have many more questions about EV training. Just use that next time. :) Also just to remind you, no thank you posts in quick questions by the way.

Ice Car

Banned
Years
It seems so easy but I don't think I'll ever understand this.

So let's say I kill 50 Patrats. I get 1 ATT EV per kill, 10 EV per point, that's one full point for attack, right?

?

Every 4 effort points in a stat you get equals 1 gain in that stat, regardless of the nature, IVs, or the like. You might also want to go to the Battle Subway and save up to buy some of the power items. They really save a lot of time when EV training. With the Power Bracer (is that it?) you gain 5 EVs for each Patrat/Lillipup you kill.

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
Years
?

Every 4 effort points in a stat you get equals 1 gain in that stat, regardless of the nature, IVs, or the like. You might also want to go to the Battle Subway and save up to buy some of the power items. They really save a lot of time when EV training. With the Power Bracer (is that it?) you gain 5 EVs for each Patrat/Lillipup you kill.

Ah crap, so now I have to go get battle points at the subway to get all six braces... That's going to take forever. Plus I have no Pokerus... This probably isn't even worth the hassle

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Ah crap, so now I have to go get battle points at the subway to get all six braces... That's going to take forever. Plus I have no Pokerus... This probably isn't even worth the hassle

Even though Pokerus makes EV training faster, it's really not necessary, IMO. I've EV trained without Pokerus and haven't had any complaints about it.

Another way to keep track of EVs is to use the PP of one of your Pokemon's moves. If your Pokemon's level is high enough, it should be able to KO Patrat/Lillipup with a single use of a move. 1 PP = 1 EV (or 5 if your Pokemon is holding a Power Bracer) The same applies to just about any EV training spot. This method is recommended if the Pokemon you're training is at a high level compared to the Pokemon in the EV training area.

Years
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
Box issues

Hello,
I am currently suffering from a glitch. You see every time I attempt to enter my Box 1 the game crashes without reason. Only thing I have ever ARed for was max berries, So whats the issue, Is there any fix I have a little over 500 hours. I do not want to restart. The rest of the Boxes and game is fine. As long as I stay away from box 1 there is no issue, However when i try to trade it auto opens box 1 resulting in a crash.
Any ideas?

Pokemon White

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
Hello,
I am currently suffering from a glitch. You see every time I attempt to enter my Box 1 the game crashes without reason. Only thing I have ever ARed for was max berries, So whats the issue, Is there any fix I have a little over 500 hours. I do not want to restart. The rest of the Boxes and game is fine. As long as I stay away from box 1 there is no issue, However when i try to trade it auto opens box 1 resulting in a crash.
Any ideas?

Pokemon White

Only thing I can think of is that is there a Hacked pokemon you have in that box? If so try releasing it. If not then I suggest staying off that box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back