• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shocks and Volts: Electric-type Pokémon Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Thanks for letting me join!
Also,Charge beam is a special move, its power is 50, its accuracy is 90, and it has a 70% chance to raise the users Sp. Atk.
It would be pretty cool if Luxio was Electric/Dark. It would kinda make sense, considering some of the moves it learns and, like you said, its appearance and nature.

You're welcome. Sounds like a good move. I have never played any of the games past G/S/C but I hope to one day. I've been having an itch to play my old games but can't until I replace the cartridge's internal batteries. I don't think there is an Electric/Dark type yet but Shinx and its evolutions would fit that just perfectly. Maybe they'll change it upon seeing everyone talk about it.

Years
Preferred username: amerininja
Partner Pokémon: Zebstrika
Answer the current topic: The best design I'd say is probably Electrike because he even looks fast as lightning while standing
Favorite Electric-type move: Thunder!!!
Why do you like/love Electric-type Pokémon?: I love them because in order to start early with one you have to be committed and challenge yourself.

Years
Answer the current topic: The best design I'd say is probably Electrike because he even looks fast as lightning while standing
Why do you like/love Electric-type Pokémon?: I love them because in order to start early with one you have to be committed and challenge yourself.

Welcome to the club!

I have to say, Zebstrika is a pretty interesting choice for partner there. I was always a fan of the awesome design of this electric zebra. If only its movepool wasn't so terrible it would have gotten more usage, but at least it does have some useful abilities.

As for the latest topic...

Raikou or Zapdos?

I was never a fan of most early-generation Legendaries, but I think Zapdos is the better one of the two, given I never liked the Legendary beasts a lot. Zapdos has loads of Speed and Special Attack, a great ability in Lightningrod to absorb any Electric attacks thrown at it while adding even more fuel to its Special Attack. It's also one of my faves from Kanto as well.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years

Welcome to the club. I think I missed out on the episode that featured Zebstrika, so I don't have much to say about it except that it does have a nice character design. Thunder is my favorite Electric-type move too, just powerful enough to win a battle. I don't recall ever really using many Electric types back then except Zapdos, and my memory is fuzzy as to how I used it.

Years
Although Zebstrika's movepool is terrible once he learns Stomp his only weakspot is towards dual types (Ground to Steel). Other than that he can be quite the ally.

Years
  • Seen Jul 9, 2013
Preferred username: Sheep
Partner Pokémon: Amparos
Favorite Electric-type move:Zap Canon!120 power *****es!
electric type pokemon look cute or badass. i like cute and badass ^.^

Discussion

Is it more important to you to use Electric-type moves to paralyze your opponent or deal damage to them?
i think you should focus on both. always have an paralyzing attack AND an powerful attack

Last edited:

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Preferred username: Sheep
Partner Pokémon: Amparos
Favorite Electric-type move:Zap Canon!120 power *****es!
electric type pokemon look cute or badass. i like cute and badass ^.^

i think you should focus on both. always have an paralyzing attack AND an powerful attack

Welcome to the club. Ampharos is awesome. I was disappointed when I found out I couldn't get one in the Crystal version because Mareep is not obtainable in that game. I think I might've had one in Silver though. I loved Zap Cannon, half a chance of it hitting but it paralyzes when it hits along with taking damage.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Is it more important to you to use Electric-type moves to paralyze your opponent or deal damage to them?

It depends really. Paralyzing is wonderful and it can change the turn out of a match, by crippling the opponent's speed and their chance to move. But then if you know you can take out, say Gyarados with a single Thunderbolt, then paralyzing it is unnecessary and wastes PP. I agree that an electric Pokemon should carry both- if you didn't have any attacks, all your matches would be long and drawn out, with very slim chances of winning unless you carried Toxic or any other sorts of moves like that. I'd say in-game wise, damage is the key to go and competitively, where status and hazards are important- the paralysis is useful in stopping a sweeper wrecking your team. I personally find them both essential though. :p

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
I actually don't end up using status problems very much in a competitive environment, even though that is discouraged. I like simple brutal sweeps, so I'd rather spend the time setting up and then destroying my opponent than using a turn to paralyze them, especially since many people have remedies to it these days like Heal Bell teams and whatnot. Especially when I'm using a Rain team, because there is nothing like neverending Thunder!

Although I do use Yawn to force switchouts into hazards sometimes, but that's not your question...haha.

Zylas

Dat Trains Kid
Years
Preferred username: My user is Zylas, but yallz can call meh Clumzy :P
Partner Pokémon: Stormy, the Lanturn
Answer the current topic: I'd have to go with paralyze, because in competitive battles this particular status can be quite useful, plus Electric-type moves most often don't have enough power an mainly focus on a deeper strategy. However, power in these moves are efficient in eliminating bulky water types, so there is a bit of contradiction.
Favorite Electric-type move: I'd like to make a correction to TrainerMusaddiq's notion, because Bolt Strike is the most powerful Electric Type move, at 130 Power, which just so happens to be mah fave. Just sayin' :P
Why do you like/love Electric-type Pokémon?: Uhhh, hello? Electricity is one of the main factors of conjuring a high-level storm, which I consider as kind of my trademark.

Years

Basically, paralysis can sometimes help turn a battle around for me. It saves my life in a few battles and having that plus a damaging Electric attack is pretty essential for my moveset. It's handy for dealing with the common Water and Flying-types, not to mention how common Gyarados are found. I still do think carrying something like Thunder Wave can be handy for slowing down speedy Pokemon that would otherwise land a hit before you do.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Preferred username: My user is Zylas, but yallz can call meh Clumzy :P
Partner Pokémon: Stormy, the Lanturn
Answer the current topic: I'd have to go with paralyze, because in competitive battles this particular status can be quite useful, plus Electric-type moves most often don't have enough power an mainly focus on a deeper strategy. However, power in these moves are efficient in eliminating bulky water types, so there is a bit of contradiction.
Favorite Electric-type move: I'd like to make a correction to TrainerMusaddiq's notion, because Bolt Strike is the most powerful Electric Type move, at 130 Power, which just so happens to be mah fave. Just sayin' :P
Why do you like/love Electric-type Pokémon?: Uhhh, hello? Electricity is one of the main factors of conjuring a high-level storm, which I consider as kind of my trademark.

Welcome to the club. Lanturn's a good pick. I remember fishing for Chinchou in Olivine City (I think that's where you find them) because I liked the idea of a Water/Electric combination (I am a big Water-type fan) and evolving it into a Lanturn. I loved using Thunder Wave in Pokémon Stadium 2 to paralyze my foes. Not familiar with Bolt Strike, so I'd have to play the more recent games to see it but it sounds powerful.

Zylas

Dat Trains Kid
Years
Yes, Bolt Strike is a move original to Zekrom, only learned at level 100. So you could imagine its pretty powerful :). I hate how its got 85 accuracy though :( . I like the idea of Water/Electric combinations as well, seeing that water from a hurricane and electricity for thunderbolts creates storms. This also incurs my love for the Incarnate trio (Thundurus, Tornadus, etc.) and a lil' bit of flying types as well. Just gots to be dat storm! :D

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Which Electric-type can change their form and how?

I believe the electric-type you're looking for here is Rotom! Rotom can change into many real-life objects, such as microwaves, fans and washing machines, all of which come with a unique typing. I think it changes formes similar to how Deoxys does- it can change its form at will by going to a room in the Galactic Building in Eterna City for Gen IV, Rotom's Room in Silph Co. and a store room in some place which I can't remember in Gen V.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Which Electric-type can change their form and how?

I believe the electric-type you're looking for here is Rotom! Rotom can change into many real-life objects, such as microwaves, fans and washing machines, all of which come with a unique typing. I think it changes formes similar to how Deoxys does- it can change its form at will by going to a room in the Galactic Building in Eterna City for Gen IV, Rotom's Room in Silph Co. and a store room in some place which I can't remember in Gen V.

oh gosh, I forgot about Rotom. It wasn't the one I was thinking of but thanks for bringing that to my attention. o_O

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Rotom isn't the one you wanted...? XD I guess uhh... Thundurus could be the answer? He has the original form and Therian form, so he's my best bet! (Seriously how can the answer not be Rotom)

Just a quick comment - you'll get a lot more replies if you use topics rather than questions as there's much more to post about and discuss rather than these one-line replies :)

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Rotom isn't the one you wanted...? XD I guess uhh... Thundurus could be the answer? He has the original form and Therian form, so he's my best bet! (Seriously how can the answer not be Rotom)

Just a quick comment - you'll get a lot more replies if you use topics rather than questions as there's much more to post about and discuss rather than these one-line replies :)

I was thinking of Thundurus. He changes into his Therian Forme with help of the Reveal Glass. I couldn't think of a new topic to add to the original post. o_O

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I do rather like the Therian forme honestly! Which design do you guys prefer? The Therian form always reminded me a tad of Raikou but I do love the design - it's what Raikou always should have been. I think Thundurus on the whole is a marvellously designed Pokémon as his design really promotes the whole "I am one hell of a badass" feeling that the Pokémon deserves. I mean, just look at him in action:

tumblr_mb1dgpivmF1rcwf0xo2_500.gif

Can you really say that's anything other than impressive? ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back