• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2014
Rune, that was pretty nasty. Remember, Goku is with the Man upstairs now, so you just might get smitten. ;)

All though I partially agree, those grasses and trees are a bit gray looking...(Maybe I'm colorblind? :P :D)

Really though, considering the personality of Silver, do you think he would just give you a legendary? Maybe a prize from the E4 after beating them? Meh...

*Uses revive on Goku Goku*

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2011
I have a suggestion. In the beginning, after you get your first pokemon and the professer tells you to talk to your mom, after your mom asks what she can do, she should say something like "Oh, don't forget your RUNNING SHOES!" Because we NEED the runningshoes. I thought I was going to get them, but I was wrong. Please add this, it would be a great addition.

rune the 1st

......................... .....
Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2008
just because of one little comment everyone's against me *watery eyes*
I was just saying that i really like them...it's just 2 words that ruined it....and It's not like im saying that goku hates them *checks post* Oh wait i am sorry....

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2014
That's ok...just don't do it again.

dlbrooks, You do get the running shoes. After you go to Mr. Pokemon's house, go back, and talk to Prof. Elm. Then, go talk to your mom. She will then give you the running shoes.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
hey zel, alright. Eveyone's commenting great things on your tiles, well it's time for me to give constructive critisism. By this I mean don't translate everything I say negatively about the tiles in the three words "these tiles suck" because they don't and that is surely NOT what I mean.

Well first of all, the PC is great! Flawless, the mart on the other hand, not THAT great, well only the roof, as Goku Goku mentioned. No one's commented on the grass (or at least I don't think), but it looks great! lol I really like it :P. I like the new signpost you made (you know the one that used to be wooden and only found in certain areas. Most commonly used to TRAINER TIPS). The trees.... look... odd, kinda odd to me. The middle and top of the tree looks fine, but the bottom kinda... I don't know how to describe it. Maybe consider re-working it... and finally, the gym. The gym looks extremely 2-D. I'm sorry, but it really does. It's got no shadowing. The roof's cool, and I have a feeling you worked mostly on that with the gym without paying attention to the shadowing on the structure itself... :\

That's all the critisism from me, and don't flame me, cuz I am NOT saying they suck! They just need some more work, in the areas I pointed out.

Hey, we can all have our opinions :/
(Quote by F.L.Y.)​

rune the 1st

......................... .....
Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2008
Well yeah i agree with some things marz said now that i read it and looked at the picture....ok and goku....also i didn't see any PCs....and the gym does need a little shadow but it's design is the best! but then im figuring that most buildings dont have a shadow...

Years
Well, I redid the roof with the gym and I remade (From scratch) the PC and the Mart. I don't care if you use it or not.

A little offtopic: If Zel chooses not to use the mart or the PC, anyone can use them/it. (Just give me credit)

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Nice ones Don, I like them, but I wish you'd kept the gym's roof, it was quite original, and not dull. Love the mart, though. The PC I don't think zel will HAVE to use since it's fine. Nice work, though!

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2009
Well, I redid the roof with the gym and I remade (From scratch) the PC and the Mart. I don't care if you use it or not.

A little offtopic: If Zel chooses not to use the mart or the PC, anyone can use them/it. (Just give me credit)

Great job Don, it does clean up Zel's original tiles. I guess as marz said the roof could use something, though I did say myself that what was one the roff last time looked odd. Well, anyways it's like this hack's graphics will keep changing, for the better. ;)

Off-topic: Anyone can use them? Thanks Don! I'll credit you! :D

Random

-
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2008
Even though i think those are better tiles(i got to admit), but were dealing with zel here, im sure doesn't want to fix the tiles, since he is a scripter, and prefers that more then anything.

unless he is a change of heart and decides to use your tiles Don Patch, they look pretty nice, the roofs on the PC, mart, and gym look more cleaner and shader then the ones zel uses in his, i don't mean for criticism but everyone needs to be criticize, even me. Everything else good with me, i would like to see the improvement, though there might not be any. Well like i say, Your the Captain, You Decide Zel;)

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Well, guys... I want to start scripting again, because I could die of boredom if I started tile changing again... :P

But... Well, I used a few screens of different qualities, most from serebiinet, and a few from coughhorriblevideoscough from youtube... So, basically, I did the Gym from scratch... But seeing this screenshots I tried to stick as close as I could... However, don't forget that we have less colors than in D/P.

sources1nk8.png
neo2tw0.png

Comparission of grass tile... I couldn't make it look good, so I had to make it from scratch, trying to make it look as the image in the screenshot (which is not of bad quality)
sources2px8.png
neo1ot8.png

sources4bh0.png

Comparission of PCs and Marts... As you can see the PC is larger, but I had to reduce its size, however, the colours try to match those of the screenshot (but of course, DP has more tones of red/orange...). Maybe it could be fixed a bit with a black outline above the small roof for the door. And, it's obvious the difference between the walls colours, too bad I had to stick with greys because other tiles that share the palette.
Also, you can see the roof of the mart in that other screenshot? Well, I used that but, once again, DP has more colours... But, is it that bad? (Maybe I'm missing a tone of blue...for the roof, close to the walls of the Mart)
sources3xh7.png
neo5xz7.png

Finally, the Gym... Seeing the screenshot from that vid on youtube, I could never use that, so work from scratch again... But... seeing the result, it's quite similar, I think. Obviously, Gyms are smaller in my hack compared to D/P (and even compared to FR :P) I think, if I'd want, fix a bit adding a bit more shadow to the Gym (but my Blockset is quite limited right now...)

Meh... I'm sticking with what I've done... Doing the mentioned fixes if I'm in the mood. Besides, I wasn't working for nothing on them :P

And, once again, people, I killed the "tile changer" version of me... So now, the old cranky scripter has been revived... XP

[EDIT]: Oh, I have forgotten a thing about the legendary birds trio. I already thought events for the three of them, however, there are some confirmations needed. That's all you'll get from me...

Last edited:

flipboi

The Primetime of my Life
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 11, 2010
i dont know what people are complaing about!

from seeing those screens compared to D/P

i say WAY TO GO ZEL!!!

they do look alike, and you did it with limited colors!

especially the gym, the gym looks cool!

but, to me, the new SG looks gloomy :(

maybe a lil more sunshine? i mean it is SHINY gold isn't?

but w.e! still looks awesome!

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2008
Your Gym Leader Spriters(Ciawood Gym Leader and Jasmine) is not nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do it properly and post it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyway, I also support you!!! Good Luck on Beta 4

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2009
Zel, you really did a good job with copying the DP buildings into SG. Well, too bad that SG ain't as advanced as DP in terms of graphics and colours, but what can we do abou ti? You did very fine! :D Well, seems that if you're be changing tiles, development of the hack will take longer, but we can wait! ;)

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2014
Even though it's been ignored several times (including by Marz, while my post was a few above him..maybe he just ignores me:D) the grasses aren't really vibrant, or colorful. Maybe if it's possible, you could lighten them up one bit? If not, I don't mind. In my idea, though, it drains a little energy and life out of the hack. If you can't do anything about it, I'm totally fine with it. The buildings, perfect scripting, and this being a GS remake makes it awesome, even if you made the grass purple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back