• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Does it forme change in battle?
Source. Note that the "event" below is the Sinjoh Ruins with Arceus in the party.

In Platinum, Giratina can transform to its Origin Forme by equipping the Griseous Orb. If the orb is unequipped in battle, it goes back to Altered Forme. The Origin Forme has higher offensive stats while the Altered Forme has higher defenses. Since Giratina's Origin Forme (and the Griseous Orb, for that matter) is exclusive to Platinum, Black and White, or HeartGold and SoulSilver via event, when it is traded to Diamond or Pearl it will revert to its Altered Forme, and the Griseous Orb it was holding goes back into the player's Bag.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Indeed. Have them held permanently by the legendaries, and you won't have to worry about them. Only change them out if you need to use them in a competition in which they're allowed and have a strategy or such using another item.

Cyclone

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
They just power up their respective legendaries. Honestly I'd say just keep them. It's not like there is a bag space limit anyway.

Indeed. Have them held permanently by the legendaries, and you won't have to worry about them. Only change them out if you need to use them in a competition in which they're allowed and have a strategy or such using another item.

Cyclone
So they power up those moves w/o the legends or they exclusively Legends?

Years
So they power up those moves w/o the legends or they exclusively Legends?

They're items specifically for those Pokémon, for increasing the attack of the moves of their types. It's like the Stick for Farfetch'd and the Lucky Punch for Chansey- the orbs work JUST on those Pokémon, and they JUST power up the moves of the Pokémon's type (as stated in the item description for each). They're of no real use to you if you don't have the legends (and even if you do, they don't necessarily make the legends ALL POWERFUL), but there's no real harm in holding on to them. There are plenty of ways to make (more substantial) money in the games! :P

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
If I would obtain the Regice exclusive to White 2 in a trade, will it affect the Regigigas event together with the other Regi's, or do I actually need the key that unlocks Regice?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
If I would obtain the Regice exclusive to White 2 in a trade, will it affect the Regigigas event together with the other Regi's, or do I actually need the key that unlocks Regice?
As long as you have the 3 Hoenn Regis together, you'll still be able to awaken Regigigas, regardless of whether or not they were traded in/transferred with Poké Transfer

Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2013
Firstly, which type of Eelektross suits you best - Physical or Special? Both have their pros and cons.

For a Physical Eelektross, you would want to go with:

Wild Charge
Crunch
(another move of your choice) - consider Acrobatics, Dragon Claw, Brick Break, Rock Slide
Coil

Wild Charge is a powerful physical Electric-type move, but it comes with recoil damage. Coil boosts its Attack, Defence and accuracy by one stage, so it's a useful move to have and will give you an advantage. Crunch is for variety, and you can choose any other Physical move for the last slot. You could go with Acrobatics for good strong physical damage if Eelektross is not holding an item, for example. Physical Eelektross is powerful as it uses its high Attack stat to its maximum potential, but you might want to consider Special Eelektross if you dislike recoil damage.

As for a Special Eelektross, this would be a good moveset:

Thunderbolt
Flamethrower
(another move of your choice) - consider Grass Knot, Flash Cannon, Hyper Beam
Acid Spray

Thunderbolt is, as you should know, powerful and reliable. And yes, Eelektross can learn Flamethrower! An Electric-type that can learn Flamethrower is something to look up to. Acid Spray lowers the opponent's special defence by two stages, which compliments Thunderbolt very well. The last slot is, again, up to you - I taught it Flash Cannon to deal with things Thunderbolt and Flamethrower can't hit. Special Eelektross has a slightly lower Special Attack stat as compared to its Attack stat, but it can be used well if you are able to get a Modest nature on it.

All the best and may your Eelektross be a vital member to your team! c:

Thanks for the advice!
i'm leaning toward a Special Eelektross using the moveset:
Giga Drain
Thunderbolt
Flash Cannon
Acid Spray or Flamethrower or Superpower

Not exactly sure what to choose for my last move, does that seem like a decent moveset? should i choose Acid Spray or Flamethrower or Superpower?

P.S: My Eelektross has Lax Nature

To add to what Cyclone and Synergee said:

Zoroark should be using Special attacks, as its Special Attack is clearly higher than its Attack:
-Nasty Plot
-Dark Pulse/Night Daze
-Flamethrower
-Focus Blast
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Focus Sash/Life Orb

Eelektross shouldn't be using Wild Charge when it's using Coil, mainly because the recoil will eat away at Eelektross' decent bulk:
-Coil
-ThunderPunch
-Drain Punch
-Aqua Tail/Dragon Tail/Substitute
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 SDef
Item: Leftovers

Special Eelektross has plenty of options, but some coverage options are better than others:
-Thunderbolt
-Flamethrower
-Giga Drain
-Hidden Power (Ice)/Superpower
Nature: Modest/Quiet
EVs: 252 HP/252 SAtk/4 SDef
Item: Life Orb/Expert Belt

Appreciate the advice!

My Zoroark moveset looks something like this, what do think?
Night Daze
Nasty Plot
Snarl
Focus Blast
Nature:Hasty

Eelektross moveset looks something like this, still trying to figure out which last move i should use
Giga Drain
Thunderbolt
Flash Cannon
Flamethrower or Superpower or Acid Spray
Nature:Lax
What would you say for the moveset i've put together? i'm thinking pretty high on using Superpower as my last move for Eelektross, good move or not?

Appreciate all the help from everyone
Thanks!

Last edited:
Years
Any hidden grotto guide? 'Cause I'm trying to catch Bagon and I haven't had any luck so far.

I've got a link to the list of Hidden Grottos in the game: Click me!

It also shows you all the items and Pokemon that can be obtained in them. If you're looking for Bagon, it's in the Hidden Grotto in the Pinwheel Forest exterior but it only has a 3% encounter so it is really rare.

Years
Wait. Maybe I should've been more specific. I know about the re etc. but thank you for tht link anyhow! :) I just have no clue if I should be patient, run around and go into the grotto all the time, or is there some secret to it? Sorry for being like this :D

Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2013
No expert here, while one is in the making i must ask for advice on Absol anyone willing to share some tips on the movesets they use for Absol ??
Any help would be appreciated (like always) :)

;)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
No expert here, while one is in the making i must ask for advice on Absol anyone willing to share some tips on the movesets they use for Absol ??
Any help would be appreciated (like always) :)

;)

Actually, this is not the place for team help at all, and I would like to stress this to all members:
Though, yes, the teams are about the Fifth Generation games, this is not the place for In-game help about them. Nor is it about competitive help. We have a section made JUST for those reasons, and all members are expected to use them if needed. Those sections are located here:
Competitive Team Help
In-Game Team Help

Any posts regarding help with teams (other than where a Pokemon is located, or when a Pokemon learns a move etc) will be treated as spam from now on.

Wait. Maybe I should've been more specific. I know about the re etc. but thank you for tht link anyhow! :) I just have no clue if I should be patient, run around and go into the grotto all the time, or is there some secret to it? Sorry for being like this :D

The trick is to be patient and walk around a lot. :c The Pokemon have a very low rate of appearing as it is, coming in at a 20% appearance, and then Bagon has an even lower rate, at 3%. So you have a WHILE until you meet one. A while. "Whenever you take 256 steps in the game, there is a 5% chance that each of the Hidden Grottos will be regenerated. When it's regenerated, there's a 40% chance of an item, a 40% chance of a hidden item and a 20% chance of a Pokémon." So you have an extremely low chance of even getting so much as an item from there. :c
However, it's location is in Pinwheel Forest.

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
Um...after I ride the ferris wheel with Yancey, will she ALWAYS offer to trade a pokemon? Or will she only trade with me if I've beaten the E4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back