• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon: Phoenix Rising

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowTheDarkrai

The :~*Fanciest*~: Snivy around
Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2014
I have an idea. Going along with the cards theme, there could be Jokers. Jokers could be characters of the team used in side events not in the main story just like jokers in a deck: not always used in the deck.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
I probably missed this in the comments, but cba to check; why did you change the title?

Might as well quote Gav:
Well, I'm sure some of you realised you just entered a thread named "Pokémon: Phoenix Rising", and if you didn't notice from the header, you need to stop rushing to my screenshots! Anyway, big news this month. The first and foremost thing to mention is the fact that I've changed the name from Pokémon: Forever Lost to Pokémon: Phoenix Rising. The reason is that the name was a little unoriginal and no longer related to the game I am creating any more.

Guess that should explain it :) He also asked about changing the name before he did, on dA :)

Novalis

Hisorian
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 14, 2012
Wow this looks stunning. I NEED to play this. Haha. I am highly intrigued by the story line as it is presented. This is certainly a very abstract take on Pokemon. I also like the almost historical approach that is being taken here. I hope to be able to test or play this game one day.

Keep up the work so far, its simply stunning. The music is phenomenal and the visuals are breathtaking. Simply beautiful.

Last edited:

MattyJ

Serial Procrastinator
Years
Wow. What can I say.
This is perhaps the most amazing thing I've seen in the short time I've been on these forums.

I absolutely HAVE to play this at some stage.

Lookiing forward to a release date!!
(Yeah, I added your thread to my favourites. So?)

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2019
what ? you gotta be kidding me! this is the most awesome & greatest hack i've ever seen so far! i'll be following this thread! can't wait for the release date! :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Oops, I dropped a screenshot.
Untitled.gif

Awkward Squirtle

,@,e .ºoO
Years
  • Seen Jan 29, 2016
Now I'm disappointed that the whole game doesn't look like that. Also, the house looks tiny compared to everything else.

So, anyone want to try a hand-drawn isometric Pokémon? :P

Atomic Reactor

@Awkward Squirtle: I feel like it looks small because you think the professor is actually standing in front of that cliff, if she was, then yes it would be small. But I don't think the professor is literally standing there, i think it's just a background haha.

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2013
Change maybe Chingling to Meditite to counter dark cause they always do that like with Empoleon to counter Torterras Grass

Atomic Reactor

@Awkward Squirtle: I wasn't trying to say you are stupid XD sorry if it came across that way. But I see what you mean now though! Could just be the perspective though.

Pokemon Master N

Champion Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2012
Ok, ok. I swear, if the release date or a demo doesnt come out soon, I will literally poop my pants.

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years
Ok, ok. I swear, if the release date or a demo doesnt come out soon, I will literally poop my pants.

You shouldn't pressure them into release dates, they'll release a demo when they think is an appropriate time. It takes ages to map, script, sprite and develop games.

Skyy

Just Sky ( :
Years
Alright bookmarked. I'll be waiting for a release.

lol well put. im doing the same thing. excited for the demo. just to let u people (the ones calling it a hack) know, its a GAME, not a HACK ( :

@squirtle - its probably just a painting of what the actual setting that u are in is. the game doesnt even look like that if u seen the screens ( :

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back