• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Umm, how about we don't? If you really wanted to, there's a solo challenge thread. -points- ._.;

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
If there really was a Magikarp challenge, all it would be is get low health and spam Flail anyway. It's really not that hard, also considering Magikarp has niche Defense and Speed stats, which is a plus.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
..................Why does that Petilil link to Other Clubs? PETILIL LIVES HERE. IN CHALLENGES. WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU

Years
Well, if you play DPPt and HG/SS on Unlimited MHz Disaster, 10%, the battles speed up to 400-500%, inside buildings is 250% about, and outside is 190-200%, depending on where you are. The frame rate isn't as good as Realtime*2, though. That does speed it up some, although not to the extent that the VBA games (Gens I-III) do.

I find that B/W works best on Realtime*2, though.

What kind of insane computer are you using? I'd be happy if DS emulation on my craptop would at least make it to a consistent 130% speed, which it doesn't.

And yeah, I wimped out of doing any kind of blind challenge on the Black I borrowed. Shame on me. Shame.

By the way, maybe only vaguely related to CHALLENGES, but: So far I've been getting through Black fairly easily without a lot of grinding in my normal playthrough, but when I had to grind, usually due to switching a teammate for a more promising new catch, it kept taking hours to advance just a few levels despite the fact that wild Pokemon are at reasonable levels - Well at least after obtaining the first badge they are.

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years

What kind of insane computer are you using? I'd be happy if DS emulation on my craptop would at least make it to a consistent 130% speed, which it doesn't.

And yeah, I wimped out of doing any kind of blind challenge on the Black I borrowed. Shame on me. Shame.

By the way, maybe only vaguely related to CHALLENGES, but: So far I've been getting through Black fairly easily without a lot of grinding in my normal playthrough, but when I had to grind, usually due to switching a teammate for a more promising new catch, it kept taking hours to advance just a few levels despite the fact that wild Pokemon are at reasonable levels - Well at least after obtaining the first badge they are.
well, the Lucky egg helps a lot, but I actually find that it can be hard to level up a full team without a lot of grinding, which kind of sucks.

And I am using a comp I bought last January, and am running Windows 7, so I guess it's pretty good, but it's not like it's a gaming comp or anything. It does have 4 gigs of Ram, which helps a lot, since no$gba takes up quite a bit of memory to run.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
..................Why does that Petilil link to Other Clubs? PETILIL LIVES HERE. IN CHALLENGES. WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU
Forcing a Pokémon to live where you want to doesn't count. :P

In other news, I really want to do the B/W favourite, but I don't know on whether I want to restart my game or not. I won't be restarting until at least after the weekend, since I have Pokemon business then, but if I do, I'll just give all my good Pokemon away to people I know and love or something.

Anyway, I've been thinking of Starting up a challenge using this. I did discuss with Sydian a little bit for secret modding business challenge or something, but idk if (s)he's gonna do it or not, because if not, then I'll just make a thread on it or something. ^_^

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Petilil lives wherever I go, duh.

Anyway, I've been thinking of Starting up a challenge using this. I did discuss with Sydian a little bit for secret modding business challenge or something, but idk if (s)he's gonna do it or not, because if not, then I'll just make a thread on it or something. ^_^

You can go ahead and post that. I actually think I have a way to work the alternate challenge for the event next month. And...honestly, I think most people will be doing the alternate. XD No one seems to have the games the main event is for...hint hint. But if you do happen to want to do the main and alternate, then that would be fine. What is the event? LOLOLOL IT'S A SECRET

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Petilil lives wherever I go, duh.

You can go ahead and post that. I actually think I have a way to work the alternate challenge for the event next month. And...honestly, I think most people will be doing the alternate. XD No one seems to have the games the main event is for...hint hint. But if you do happen to want to do the main and alternate, then that would be fine. What is the event? LOLOLOL IT'S A SECRET

I remember us discussing challenges one eve, and you mentioned that you were sad that nobody made challenges for Colosseum or XD. That is my guess.

Years
Well Laure's birthday month was awesome: DSi, Heart Gold, White version, and a car that I almost wrecked today without a liscence so yay! challenge time to calm my nerves.

I need theme inspiration, sure I enjoy the ones I have because they limit yet at the same time gives enough freedom to make creative teams but I envy challenges like the Chess where each Pokemon represents something and has penalties as well as the Nuzelocke with strict rules.

PS. Thank you Sydian for my present :D

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Myrrh is sad he went this easter presentless...

Well Laure's birthday month was awesome: DSi, Heart Gold, White version, and a car that I almost wrecked today without a liscence so yay! challenge time to calm my nerves.

I need theme inspiration, sure I enjoy the ones I have because they limit yet at the same time gives enough freedom to make creative teams but I envy challenges like the Chess where each Pokemon represents something and has penalties as well as the Nuzelocke with strict rules.

PS. Thank you Sydian for my present :D
You should get a license before you start wrecking cars.

My favorite challenges are monotype (obviously), and then something like duo or trio challenge, because a lot of times I forget some of the rules if its a big long list of rules (or worse, the scramble, where I have to sometimes have certain movesets) and I end up playing through the entire challenge for nothing... With Monos, I just have to make sure I have all one type, and for the others, well, I've done my fair share of coutning to three in my lifetime.

Erufuun

apple bunny lover <3
Years
Well, I'm hoping I'm doing this right, just suggest a challenge? This idea may already be taken, but...
Since Pokemon are all given a color group, what about a challenge based around the colors of the Pokemon?? (You would look at the fully evolved Pokemon, if they change. But only if you plan on evolving them.)

Like, make it a rainbow challenge!! You are only allowed to have one Pokemon on your team of each color at a time, and only use the basic colors. (Red, Blue, Yellow, Orange, Green, Purple.) And must have a full team as soon as possible.
I guess you need to make it more complicated though, but hey! I'd do it! :D

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Well, I'm hoping I'm doing this right, just suggest a challenge? This idea may already be taken, but...
Since Pokemon are all given a color group, what about a challenge based around the colors of the Pokemon?? (You would look at the fully evolved Pokemon, if they change. But only if you plan on evolving them.)

Like, make it a rainbow challenge!! You are only allowed to have one Pokemon on your team of each color at a time, and only use the basic colors. (Red, Blue, Yellow, Orange, Green, Purple.) And must have a full team as soon as possible.
I guess you need to make it more complicated though, but hey! I'd do it! :D
You're talking about two different challenges here, I think!

There is a color group challenge, but its for like using only green Pokemon or only red Pokemon, etc.

As for the rainbow challenge, I think that might possibly be one of the themes of the dream challenge maybe, but I do like that idea. Of course, like you said, it would need a bit of additions, or else people could just catch one of each color and then like train only 2 of them or something. But good idea!

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I think I suggested the Rainbow challenge once, but I had some extra rules or something. Like you could start with any colour, but you have to go in order of colour from there on, so if you started with yellow, your second Pokemon would be green, and third would be blue etc. There would be added rules or something, like Pokemon such as Castform/Ditto would be wildcards, so they could replace any colour, or some optional rules, like your Pokemon must be able to learn Rain Dance/Sunny Day via level or something.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
^ Sounds pretty good with Alternatives extra add ons tbh. :o If anyone wants to make that, it sounds like a good one to me.

Pokemon Snap challenge sounds awesome btw! But that's not what it is!

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Well since you've told us it's not Pokemon Snap, then that makes us one step closer to what it is. You've eliminated one of the possibilities for us for what it really could be. Thanks gurl! :D

A Pokemon Snap challenge could be cool. Just try to take the best picture you can, scoring the most points. :)

Years
I think I suggested the Rainbow challenge once, but I had some extra rules or something. Like you could start with any colour, but you have to go in order of colour from there on, so if you started with yellow, your second Pokemon would be green, and third would be blue etc. There would be added rules or something, like Pokemon such as Castform/Ditto would be wildcards, so they could replace any colour, or some optional rules, like your Pokemon must be able to learn Rain Dance/Sunny Day via level or something.

Like I said when you first posted this idea I love it and if you're not up to making the forum or participating right at the time of conception I'd love to make it a challenge in the Dream Theme since I need some harder challenges (my whole thread is beginning to sound like a loophole to get around the rules but I'm doing my best to complete them and making it an overall challenge by collecting badges and becoming competing champions).

Another idea I have borrowing from Chao's Chess format was a Law & Order type thing

Judge: Pokemon in this slot must be a duotype where the types are oppsite (ex. Water/Electric, Flying/Ground) Further more every move it knows from re moment a move needs to be forgotten, must be a different typing. This is because a judge is always impartial and must hear all sides.

Plaintiff: The Plaintiff is usually the victim in a criminal trial. Your Plaintiff didn't see the attack coming nor had the self defense skills to stop it. I figured the best Pokemon type for this slot would be a pure normal type. Also if this Pokemon faints you look at the type of Pokemon that defeated it. If you have any Pokemon in your team that are weak against that type they are boxed. Once one piece of the defense falls apart so must everything else. (Basically if your defendant let's say Wigglytuff gets killed by a water type all electric and grass types on your team are boxed) The judge, however, no matter what the typing is immune

Defendant: The Defendant is innocent til proven guilty, but let's face it they are probably up to something shady. In this slot you may use the shadiest Pokemon of all... If this type of Pokemon has ever been used by a Rocket, Aqua, Magma, Galactic, or Plasma GRUNT (not executive or boss) they may be used in this slot. However, if this is an evolvable Pokemon and it evolves prior to the Elite 4 your Defense Lawyer must be replaced with a new Defense that is at least 10 levels lower than your orginal. You made your defense fall apart with your fearful changing appearance. You may bring back any boxed Defense Lawyers after obtaining the 8th badge.

Defense Lawyer: You almost have to have no soul to protect that evil Pokemon you call a Defendant :0 Someone hard who doesn't listen to the prosecution at all. Must be a Rock or Steel type. Just like the Plaintiff if this Pokemon faints, depending on the typing of the opponent all Pokemon that are strong against that typing must be boxed.

Prosecution: Time to defend Justice and send those evil Pokemon back in their place. The Prosecution slot can never be occupied by a dark, flying, ghost, fire, or water type (we aren't representing evil nor destroying evidence). Furthermore the burden of proof falls on the Prosecution. By Burden in this challenge 3 out of 4 of your Pokemon's moves must be HMs that you shall not delete.

Jury: Now for the most important part. Unlike the judge the jury needs to choose a side to help sentence or free the Defendant. During the trial it's view on the case is always changing. The Pokemon in this slot must be a Pokemon that changes shape. Ditto, Cherrim, Castform... Or a Pokemon that can change its type or ability (Kcleon, anyone with Trace). When the jury faints the Pokemon representing the Plaintiff must be replaced with a Pokemon at least 10 levels lower than it.

This was the answer to my need to make a harder challenge. I'm still working out kinks and posted it here for feedback :x I think it has enough to stand alone in it's own forum but I wouldn't be able to participate right away.

I was also thinking of a rip-off/look a like theme for my forum where a team must consist of Pokemon that look eeriley similar to a Digimon/Yu-gi-oh/:0 other monsters from anime based on rhe slavery of fantasy creatures

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Yeah sure, you can use the Rainbow theme if you want to. I primarily suggested it for that in the first place, so go ahead.

Just one thing I think you should change, would be the prosecutioner. Maybe it should be a Pokemon which has to be able to learn at least 1 physical HM and a one-hit KO move or something. That way it's more, prosecution-ish.

Yams

Polursaring!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 21, 2013
I was thinking of an RPG Challenge, based on the stereotypical medieval fantasy RPG game.

Your Warrior has to be any Pokemon that can learn Swords Dance by level up. This pokemon can only have one non-attacking move, the rest have to be physical attacking moves.

Next would be your Mage/Wizard. This pokemon is limited to Fire, Water, Grass, Electric, Ghost, Normal, or Psychic type. All their attacking moves must be Special, and must be different types. This pokemon must have either a base HP or Speed stat less than 75.

Third would be the Rogue. This is any pokemon that can learn Double-team by level up, as a rogue is very evasive. They also need to have at least one status move, and since every pokemon can learn toxic this shouldn't be a problem.

Next is your Ranger, which is any Pokemon that can have the Sniper ability ( It doesn't need to actually have it as a ability In-Game) or learn Lock Up by Lvl Up. If it doesn't have any of these requirments, it can be a Pokemon that learns a Physical Non-Contacting move (Bullet Seed, Ice Shard, Bulldoze, Razor Leaf, FIssure, ect.) (-chaos11011)

Fifth your Priest/Healer can be any pokemon that learns Heal Bell, or Heal Pulse via level up. Or any Pokemon that can have the Healer ability. They can only have two attacking moves at most.

Lastly your Tank. This pokemon must be able to have the ability Shell Armor, Battle Armor, or Sturdy. They can only have two attacking moves at most.

Last edited:

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
I don't really like the Ranger, since it is really restricted, and only having Klink as the Ranger in BW is really dumb.

How about this type of ranger:

Next is your ranger, which is any Pokemon that can have the Sniper ability ( It doesn't need to actually have it as a ability In-Game) or learn Lock Up by Lvl Up. If it doesn't have any of these requirments, it can be a Pokemon that learns a Physical Non-Contacting move (Bullet Seed, Ice Shard, Bulldoze, Razor Leaf, FIssure, ect.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back