• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Atlantis Awakening [OOC+SU] [M]

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
So with new characters coming in, I'll be adding them into the next Faces to Names with the Syndicate NPCs as well.

Also as a little side bit, I created a Spotify Playlist that revolves around Atlantis Arising. Many of the songs are important to characters and such, others are usually inspiration/event music.

http://open.spotify.com/user/firelordyago/playlist/0F5wlpzyknGdhijQiFgVRe

Enjoy!

Cool! Mind telling what/who each song is for? Theres a lot of sweet tracks on there, btw

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
hey guys i'm baaaaaaaack :)

And i have some bones to pick with nathaniel and james but i suppose that'll just have to wait until they get on skype!

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years

Faces to Names: Syndicate

Again, another small(ish) post detailing the Syndicate side of NPCs that we have. I'm sure Skymin is working fervently on the AUP list of NPCs for you guys. I will also put links in the first pages of both the OOC and IC to these posts as I updated both pages. Anyway, enjoy! Also, I apologise if I made the Blind Prophet seem like 80 years old, I didn't realise I had described him as "wizened and old." Oops, my bad. XD​

Jeremy Kyle

Height: 5'10''
Weight: 72kg
Nationality: Canadian
Ability: Teleportation

Soft and kind-hearted are the two biggest attributes Jeremy possess. For most of it, he acts as the guardian of Fletcher, despite the boy being able to protect himself, by being the moral and verbal support the kid needs. As for the Syndicate, he is essentially the Directives' errand boy. A pacifist at heart, Jeremy shies away from conflict, often escaping the situation entirely by teleporting away, and thus to compensate, acts on the Directive's behalf, moving the Syndicate's Atlanteans around and any other errand they need done. Unfazed by this, he happily works for the Syndicate, and has been for the last three odd years since leaving Canada. Only the Directive fully understands why Jeremy works for the Syndicate, and the two barely even speak of it.

Daniel Cain aka The Directive

Height: 6'1''
Weight: 83kg
Nationality: American
Ability: Thought Projection

Seemingly emotionally blank and quite unreserved, Daniel has one of the harder jobs within the Syndicate; keeping all the Atlantean agents under control. His ability allows his thoughts to be projected out around him in a full 360 degree, immersive, 3D-like fashion. Most of the time, he uses his ability for intimidation, or to install severity when talking, yet there have been no records of him using it for any other purpose. As hard as he is on the kids, he's acting on the orders he receives from his superiors', mostly from The Boss, without question as he knows well enough that they know what they are doing. Despite this, he's always held a curiosity for others' abilities, and quite often enjoys watching his 'children' develops theirs' further.

Adrian Santoro

Height: 6'4''
Weight: 125kg
Nationality: Brazilian
Ability: Extra Arms

Pure and simple; he's a gym-junkie. Back in Rio, Adrian worked as a personal trainer in one of the more popular gyms closer to the slums of Rio. Here, he taught classes to younger kids on how to defend themselves from people trying to attack them through Brazilian Jujitsu as well as training older folk. It took two weeks after Adrian's tattoo revealed itself for his new set of arms to begin growing, after going through immense pain where his body changed to fit the mutation. A week later and he was recruited into the Syndicate by October, both taking a fancy to one another. After just over a year in the Syndicate, he acts as the Directive's 2IC, keeping the others in order as well as being the unofficial leader of the group. His extra pair of arms are now just as muscled as his first set, and boy can he pack a punch. Still, he trains often, more so than any of the other members, his way of making up for his lack of a "super" power.

October Carter

Height: 5'5''
Weight: 58kg
Nationality: British
Ability: Seismokinesis

Having grown up within the folds of the Syndicate, she is the longest serving younger member of the Syndicate. Her father was once a scientist within the firm, promoting his own daughter towards their research, who later died of a heart attack. Since then, she has trained and worked as an agent of the Syndicate, keeping the same cold-hearted exterior day in and day out. The only one she ever warms up to is Adrian, whom she almost hangs off of, and is more often than not by his side. She's mean to the other Atlanteans, partly because they don't know what she's been through, but also due to her own insecurities. She thinks of herself more as the 'princess' of the Syndicate, despite this being radically untrue.

Fletcher White

Height: 3'8''
Weight: 26kgs
Ability: Forcefield Projection

The youngest member of the Syndicate, he was recruited following the devastation of Berlin wherein his brother and family were killed. He has adopted Jeremy as his surrogate brother, and listens to anything Jeremy would say, however when Jeremy is not around, he wanders down to the Research and Development Lab to train his ability. Shy and reserved, he has a strong determination, as well as a constant bubble of forcefield surrounding his body; the forcefield growing lighter the weaker it is, and more distinctive the stronger. It seems as if the Syndicate keep him around since his family died, and putting an 8 year old kid out on the street just isn't their style. However, there are rumours floating around that the Syndicate actually has secret plans for Fletcher.

Darren Stagg aka The Boss

Height: 5'11''
Weight: 82kg
Nationality: Welsh-Irish
Ability: Perception Alteration

Little is known about the leader of the Syndicate, even more so of his identity. His ability allows him to influence and change the perception people have of him, essentially masking his identity without physically changing his appearance. He started the Syndicate 15 years ago as a bank and lending agency, but soon took over from the other CEOs and used the bank as a front, while he hid the real Syndicate behind the façade. His motives seem to be some sort of worldwide influence or dominance, and the only other person he consorts with is the even more mysterious Blind Prophet. Calm and calculating, he is willing to wait for years to put plans in motion, but gets edgy whenever they are nearly in full bloom.

Rose Marian Evans

Height: 5'7''
Weight: 55kg
Nationality: Irish
Ability: Botanokinesis

Secretary to Darren Stagg, she has been with the company for nearly three years following a fall-out with her brother, Justin. Her ability is similar to Justin's in that it revolves around Nature, but while he controls wood, she can manipulate plants. People often comment that she has a 'flowery' scent to her, and more than often she loves to leave roses' lying around, almost like her personal calling card. Sarcastic, mouthy and disrespecting of everyone except the boss, she has a love-hate friendship with the Directive, where she loves to make him hate her. When she is bored, she enjoys pulling the thorns off of roses and sticking them to her face.

The Blind Prophet

Height: 5'11''
Weight: 75kg
Nationality: British-Canadian
Ability: ??

The enigma of the Syndicate, most people even refute the fact that he even exists. The only person to ever really keep contact with this mysterious figure is the Boss himself. There's not much known about him, but what we do know is that he has some sort of plan he has 'seen' that he intends to put into motion, through the support of the Syndicate. It really begs the question as to who really is this shady character, and is he even real. It is rumoured much that he may be one of the few remaining true full-blooded Atlanteans still walking the Earth alongside the ARF's The Oracle and The Librarian. One thing for certain is, the man's clouded eyes are a sure fire sign that he is in fact, blind.

Last edited:
Reactions: SV
Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023

Faces to Names: Atlantean Unification Project

Finally got around to doing this, jerks.​

Atticus Forsberg

Height: 6'2"
Weight: 98kg
Nationality: Swedish-American
Ability: Tail Appendage

Atticus is the most relaxed guy of the AUP, and probably one of the most laid back people you'd ever meet. He's one of the 'senior' members, which means he's been with the organisation for a while now, a little over three years. His life before his 'ability' is one he doesn't like talk about often and not many people know about it (Annie and Emil are two obvious ones) but it includes something about his family. He used to be a police officer in California and knows how to fight and how to hold a gun. Not many people know why he's in the AUP to begin with (being pretty agnostic about the whole 'war' to begin with) but he's loyal, a good friend and will fight to the end.

Frederick Salusbury

Height: 5'7"
Weight: 75kg
Nationality: Welsh
Ability: Goat Mimicry

Nervous and anxious are two words that best describe the poor, ex-English professor goat-man from Harvard. Frederick was recruited during the first week after the Atlantean's annoucement, finding himself unable to walk and deperate for help. He's always unsure of himself, despite everybody's encouragement but he's smart, a strategist and a fast learner (except for walking). He hates violence of any kind and tries to either solve it or run away from it. Very slowly. Usually with his stilts. With practice though, those goat legs of his will really pack a punch.

Imogen Green

Height: 5'9"
Weight: 65kg
Nationality: Korean-American
Ability: Face Metamorphosis

Nobody likes her, and she doesn't like anybody. Imogen is a manipulative lady and she's not afraid to show off what she's got. She's been in the AUP just as long as some of the more junior members but her confidence and boldness has helped her climb the heirachy faster than anyone before her. She likes to dabble in 'side' projects of the AUP and tries to involve herself in everything to be basically an information broker amongst her collegues. She's been accused of leaking information or being a spy numerous times by some of the other junior and senior members, but no proof has ever arisen and plus, she's a valuable asset to the AUP. Her information-gaining skills are very valuable to the AUP's greater goal.

Anabel Falkner

Height: 5'7"
Weight: 48kg
Nationality: American
Ability: Increased Brain Activity

Confined to a wheelchair, Annie rarely eats, sleeps or does anything but tap away on her computer. She doesn't talk to many people except Atticus face to face, mostly over the phone giving instructions to team members. Because of her ability, she finds it hard to sleep and thus has giant shadows under her eyes. Technology wise, she's a genius, even before her ability, and is in charge of anything digital in the AUP. Nobody knows much about where she came from or how she wound up in a wheelchair, only that it was when she was 18 and she's been with the AUP ever since.

Emilio Bernot

Height: 6'0"
Weight: 80kg
Nationality: French-British
Ability: Gravity Manipulation

Emilio is the kind, polite and caring leader and founder of the AUP. He's incredibly nice and is welcoming to any Atlantean wishing to help his cause. Not much is known about his past life, only that Cooper inspired him to create the AUP after an incident involving his wife, Amélie, which ended in her death. Some are suspicious, but so far his intentions have all been pure and for the greater good. His only worries, other than 'world peace' is that his son will never forgive him for whatever happened. Despite this, he brings Devon around wherever he goes (except the dangerous stuff) to perhaps maybe coax his ability out of him.

Devon Bernot

Height: 5'9"
Weight: 58kg
Nationality: French-Canadian
Ability: Assumed none

Devon is an anti-social teenager and tends to keep to himself, depsite how much his father pushes him around and introduces him to whoever. Honestly, he'd much rather sit in his room and play with his pet bird, Ghost, but that doesn't seem to happen a whole lot. Most people either pity him or look down him and call him a whiner or a sook for the sullen expression he carries with him anywhere. He's not bothered by the fact that he doesn't have an ability, but he still doesn't like to talk about it. Actually, he doesn't like to talk about anything.

Johnathan Cooper

Height: 6'1"
Weight: 86kg
Ability: Assumed none

Cooper, as he's liked to be called, is the right-hand man to Emilio. He doesn't talk much, except for a few stern orders or advice but he's a very comfortable person to be around; his presence seems to bring a feeling of safety with it. He always seems to know what to do in any situation and is happy to give anyone the advice they need, whether it be about a loved one, an ability or even how to cook pasta when you're drunk at 4am. Though he is Atlantean and has a tattoo, he doesn't have an ability.​

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Awh, you did not just use DiCaprio's and Caine's faces. They fit so well it's a wonder I didn't see Emil and Cooper as them already xD

But TOTALLY knew you would use that face for Frederick xD

Okay, I've gotta plan who I want to make Agnes fall in love with lmao probably both Atticus and Freddie ahaha!! Because.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Look, I made Agnes. :D creepy eyes yesss. But yeah, it's part of her air powers thingy, representing the bly sky somewhat, but it was always there even before the crystal activated everyone's powers. If that's okay.

agnes_zpsf0e07aaa.png

Also, since most of the others seem to have excelled at the physical fighting training and since Agnes isn't really patient or techy-smart enough to become good within Annie's area, I thought I'd make her strong point handling guns and projectile weapons instead. Adding a touch of her air powers even, because it only makes sense :D

EDIT: posted (or tried to post, PC is being a douche) and if Maddy disapproves of my extensive use of Freddie and Atticus, she may object. I remember her saying in Atlantis Arising that it was okay that I controlled the NPCs, is all :>

EDIT2: ugh, misunderstood what they actually know about the situation. They do know it's not a natural disaster :p Editing.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I actually saw a girl on the train the other day who had heterochromia and she was dark skinned and had one blue eye and one brown!! it was kinda cool!!!

I'll read your post ASAP then haha

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Ohohoh. I know what face Misha shall be having.

renoo_zps8da0e23d.png

EDIT: awh, Dec :p I started my post before you posted. I'll just... change the ending a bit. Agnes didn't get to approach the meteor man, baww. She'll be the witness of this tho! Any particular flashes of light or fancy space distortions one should see when Eris disappears?

Last edited:

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
Sorry Red, didn't know you were going to face him, if you want I can remove the post and you can do your little fight if you wish?

And pretty much, there would be a slight distortion in the air and maybe a faint popping noise.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Nah, this works fine I think ^^ With her just seeing them.

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
hahahahahah no way misha is way fatter than that!!! d: I'll have to go a-searching for his mug today!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
xD Okay then. So what'll happen now? The meteors stop? Should I have Agnes go - I mean fly down from the Eiffel Tower and find the AUP?

I don't even think William has done anything yet :x

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
william has done squat. i messaged naku yesterday. hopefully he remembers!!!!!

also, i basically based misha on Heavy from TF2, so trying to put a human face to him... maybe a bald robbie coltrane??

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, dun hate me!

Summer has started. Blame summer.
And the fact that I just bought Pokemon White 2.
And the fact that we all know I'm a lazy good-for-nothing. d:

And, I suppose I have some time to kill. I just have to tear myself away from the team of Eevee that I'm training and see what I can write!
So . . . was everybody just supposed to go off and do something of their own that's slightly epic but-not-really in le city of Paris? . . . That's all I could tell from reading Skymin's and Retro Bug's initial posts after this event started.

Back