• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xequiaz

Noopy Infinoopy ;3
Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2016
Ok, thank you so much! Now I got one problem left, I'm trying to make a script for a script event, but when I step on it, it, it just freezes, also is it possible for a script to work after warp? they say it cannot be in one script but there is another way which they say is complicated :S

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
I want to edit the backsprite of the main character. All I needa do is change him from red to green. So I needa edit the palletes. How do I do this? I need something simple please!

I'd suggest wither using a HEX Editor or HackMew's APE (Advanced Pallet Editor) program to change the pallet. The pallet of the male and female heroes of FR can be found at 0x35B968, but I'm unsure as to what they are in Ruby. Changing it will affect other sprites/ OWs in the game since they share the same pallet, so make sure they don't vary too much.

Ok, thank you so much! Now I got one problem left, I'm trying to make a script for a script event, but when I step on it, it, it just freezes, also is it possible for a script to work after warp? they say it cannot be in one script but there is another way which they say is complicated :S

There is a small section in the main XSE tutorial on these forums that deals with instantanious freezing, but it is spoilered so lots of people generally overlook it ;_;

diegoisawesome's tutorial said:
Didn't work, did it? Froze on the spot. You're going to need to change this...

before%20change.jpg

to this....

after%20change.jpg

Try it now. Worked perfectly, didn't it?

That would be done via a level script. In truth, level scripts aren't that much harder than regular scripts - You just need to pay learn how to insert it properly, but other than that it works in basically the same way as any other green S script in Advance Map.

xequiaz

Noopy Infinoopy ;3
Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2016
ok but my a-map says:

Unown: $__ (2 digits) I cant make it 300 D:
Var number: $4050 :(

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
ok but my a-map says:

Unown: $__ (2 digits) I cant make it 300 D:
Var number: $4050 :(

Try using Advance Map 1.92. It is an older version, but it was what the tutorial was based on, plus 1.95 is still in beta.

xequiaz

Noopy Infinoopy ;3
Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2016
I used the 9.0 which supports the 4 digit uknown fields
but the script wont work :( when I step on it, it does not activate :( this is my script:

Code:
#dynamic 0x803000
#org @start
lockall
msgbox @rawr 0x6
closeonkeypress
applymovement 0xFF @move
waitmovement 0x0
releaseall
end

#org @move
#raw 0x53
#raw 0x62
#raw 0x3
#raw 0x2
#raw 0x1
#raw 0x63
#raw 0xFE

#org @rawr
= Where am I!?

(on Fire Red, USA)

Also, my last and final question is...

Is there a script on how to make move tutors? (like the ones that teaches you SWORDS DANCE, and stuff?)
if so, how?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2013
There are lots of places you can start. Some people like to change Pokemon and overworld sprites first. Some prefer to work on the trainers. Personally, I prefer to start on the maps.

To change Littleroot Town, you'll need to find and download a program called AdvanceMap. It's on this forum. You can use it to change a map's terrain and name.

Two things to remember:

• The terrain blocks don't determine whether or not you can walk/surf/etc. on something. To change that, you have to edit "movement permissions". (So in other words, placing a wall won't block a space. You have to set that space's movement permission to 1. Walkable ground is C and surfable water is 4.)
  • You can't add map names, and some map names are reused. So if you rename Littleroot Town, then every other map with that name will also be renamed.
Good luck on your hack.

Thank you so much! But I have one more small question. Is there any way I can make my own custom tiles (not sure if that is the correct term) to put on the map because I want to give it a sort of roman feel. Thanks!

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Is there a script on how to make move tutors? (like the ones that teaches you SWORDS DANCE, and stuff?)
if so, how?

In a FR ROM there can only 16 move tutors within the ROM due to how the data is stored. As such, you will need to overwrite a move if you want to have them teach something else - You can do this by using 0m3GA ARS3NAL's Move Tutor Data Editor. As it said in his thread, you will need to read the ROM Hacking Newsletter Issues 12 and 13.

Thank you so much! But I have one more small question. Is there any way I can make my own custom tiles (not sure if that is the correct term) to put on the map because I want to give it a sort of roman feel. Thanks!

That would be done via tile inserting. There are a number of ways you can do this using different programs because there are dozens of tutorials on how to do this in the tutorials section. I like both of these inserting methods.

Cheesewig

Hi!
Years
  • Seen Sep 13, 2016
In Pokemon Gold is there a script in PKSV GUI That will change Gold/Hiro's Sprite when I speak to someone/trigger something?

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2011
Please read this, because this has been bugging me for quite some time.
I need to find a way to make the guy who works in the Viridian mart to not give one the "Oak's Parcel". I've tried everything I could think of - changing his script, building a new map, even removing him as an event and more.
If anyone knows how to do this, I'd be very grateful!

I use PokeScript, because I haven't been able to make any of the others work.

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2011
im pretty sure it have to do something with HEX editing.
but how i only can lie to u.

Thanks for that.

Does anyone know how to actually do it?

Are there any guides or tutorials for this kind of thing. I know there is guides about hex editing but i can't find any that help me to edit items.

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2022
In a map where there are multiple script events, how can you delete just one? Or rather, how can you edit an event's script sequence that's already ingame?

xequiaz

Noopy Infinoopy ;3
Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2016
^
Click an event then click open script in adv map.
Make sure u change the "#org 0xoffset here" to
"#org @start" and make a line one saying: "#dynamic 0xoffset here"
and move "#org @start" and the rest to line 2 or 3

now my question is..
i have a pokemon fire red
and i made a map.
with a person event:
$9125
and
$9126

how do i make a flag that checks if i already talked to 9126 when i talk to 9125?

check my script if its correct

scrip for $9125
Spoiler:

i want it to be like this..
*talk to 9125*
*not teleported*
*talk to 9126*
*talk to 9125*
*teleported*

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2022
Alright, thanks a lot guys. Now that I've gone to Open Script in Adv-Map, I'm looking at the Rival's script in FR/LG when you're both in Oak's Lab at the beginning. I see his script in Oak's Lab from BEFORE the player chooses their Pokemon (as opposed to "Let's check out our Pokemon! Come on, I'll take you on!" and the resulting battle), but how do I see the Rival's Oak's Lab script from AFTER the player chooses their Pokemon? Thanks!

Last edited:

rockeymon

Real life Silver Shirubaa
Years
Fyi Please post this in ROM Making forum as this part of the forum is for people making there games from scratch, Ie. they arent hacking there game.

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
Years
Alright, thanks a lot guys. Now that I've gone to Open Script in Adv-Map, I'm looking at the Rival's script in FR/LG when you're both in Oak's Lab at the beginning. I see his script in Oak's Lab from BEFORE the player chooses their Pokemon (as opposed to "Let's check out our Pokemon! Come on, I'll take you on!" and the resulting battle), but how do I see the Rival's Oak's Lab script from AFTER the player chooses their Pokemon? Thanks!

well it should be in the same script i think....................
maybe im wrong but it should be in that script just some string more down!

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
The Rival battle and Pokemon-giving events are stored in level scripts, not event scripts. Check the map's header and look at level script 2.

EDIT: To be more specific, level script 2 seems to be the script that runs when you enter the map, bringing you and Oak to the table with the Poke Balls. The Balls' own event scripts handle the Pokemon selection. I'm still looking for the script that trips the Rival battle.

EDIT2: The 3 scripts between the bookcases? Those are actually six scripts, two per tile. The ones on the bottom trip the Rival battle, while the ones on the top prevent you from exiting before you choose a Pokemon.

So you can examine the code for the ones that trip the Rival battle, and the code for the Pokemon selection. You can then modify the script from there (though you will most likely have to compile a new copy to free space, as your modifications may lengthen the script).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back