Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation
Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 13th, 2013, 06:00 PM
Imperator161

In LG, I never made a true team. I just caught and trained every Pokémon, and rotated them in and out so that almost every Pokémon I owned was at the same level.

In most games where I do make a team, I don't finalize my team until after I beat the Elite Four. I find it easier to stick with 3-5 Pokémon so that I have enough room for HM slaves, Pokémon I want to train to complete my Pokedex, etc. When I do make a team to use in-game, though, I generally do it with Pokémon caught by the second badge or so, and then often add a late-game Pokémon when I get to that point.
Diamond FC: 1504 2172 1147
White FC: 1721 2860 5156
3DS XL FC (X): 2466-2669-5197
Old September 13th, 2013, 10:43 PM
Livewire
ヒトモシ

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Livewire
I'm actually notorious for changing my team around at the last minute. Depending on the region and what's available in that region, I try to have the team I want to take to the Elite four completed no later than the 7th-8th Gym. When I played through Black, though, I decided to pick up a Timid Deino to use that was roughly 30 levels behind the rest of my team, which gave me a reason to grind and train some more.
Old September 14th, 2013, 12:18 AM
Synerjee
A madman with a box.

Nature: Relaxed
Doesn't take that long for me. I usually have my team planned out ahead of time, and even if I haven't already, I have this list of Pokemon in mind sorted into typings that get considered into my team if I come across them. Once I make my team, it is more or less final. The only exception is when I find another Pokemon that has better battle potential than one of the ones I already have in my team, for example Ampharos -> Eelektross in B/W2. If a Pokemon I'm searching for is not available earlier on in the game, I will save a spot for it until I finally encounter it.
All of time and space; everywhere and anywhere;
every star that ever was. Where do you want to start?

pairs | twitter | showdown | lake valor | pc family
Old September 15th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Aeroblast
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
I usually get a full team by the time I get 6th badge, though I might save that last slot for Zapdos after I get access to Surf.
Old September 15th, 2013, 05:29 PM
Amore
Now stand up and begin
Community Supporter

It varies. On my runthrough using PokéSpe Red's team, until Cinnabar Island. On my last runthrough (paused due to Uni), I had 6 pokémon before challenging Misty.
Old September 15th, 2013, 09:35 PM
Negix

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Negix
I have my full team around the 6th gym. Really depends on the team, because I tend to box a lot of them and then change them when I'm almost near the league. Sometimes I know what team I'll be going to use from the start, but stat wise, I end up switching between the ones I have until I form a better team, with overall types and attacks.
Old September 28th, 2013, 09:12 PM
Ari Niko
Sincerity

Nature: Bold
First time I played all the games I basically solo'd with my starter because I was too lazy to raise a full team.

I'd say when I began actually structuring full teams, around the 4th gym I had my team that I'd use until the E4.
5026-4431-0126 - 3DS FC | Soundcloud
Old September 29th, 2013, 04:50 AM
CalienteFire

I would always raise a full team before the second gym. Then when I found some Pokemon I like I would swap almost everyone from my team out except for my starter! ;D Right now I'm at the Elite Four and I just now switched out one of my Pokemon from my team.

✰ Goldfins ✰
Old October 7th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Golden_spider

Nature: Quiet
Well my first team took me 6 badges to make because i had to mess around with my team...

And my second run took me 4 badges to make because i was trying somthing new.
Old October 7th, 2013, 12:41 PM
SoulRoach
Hoenn Fanboy

Nature: Calm
Somewhere in Emerald.My mind is a little fuzzy, but yeah around maybe the 4th badge
Old October 13th, 2013, 04:01 PM
krabbypatz93
August Burns Red FTW

Nature: Jolly
The amount of time it takes me to make a full team varies on what style of training I'm using for that run. In one style, I usually wait till around the Pokemon league to catch a 5th and 6th Pokemon for the team because by then I can usually catch a strong enough Pokemon somewhere in the wild.
Old October 13th, 2013, 10:02 PM
Denny Hamlin
i can f e e l again

Nature: Brave
In LeafGreen, my team is not settled until I have captured Articuno with my lovely master ball, so I do complete all 8 gyms with five or less Pokemon in my party.

"It was HIS hat, Mr. Krabs... HE WAS NUMBER ONE!"
Old October 14th, 2013, 01:23 AM
Penta Penguin
Penta is here to stay

I would say not long before the first gym. If I ever needed to make changes to the team as I progress, I would.

Arkanoid
: The lost levels compact - 40% done
~Twitter~ ~Youtube~
Old October 14th, 2013, 11:40 AM
KirbyX
Veteran Pokemon Master

I guess I have two teams, one I use to defeat the gym's like mankey whose low kick stomps Brock's Onix, and Pikachu for Misty, but my FR/LG competition team which will be very similar to my competition team from Yellow. It takes time to acquire and raise pokemon like Dragonite & Tyranitar in addition to breeding a Snorlax with Curse and a Chansey with Heal Bell, about the Chansey if anyone else is playing FR/LG on VBA has one for trade I'll trade what I can in return, thanks.
If you play Gen 3 especially Fire Red / Leaf Green or Emerald on Visual Boy Advance,
If you enjoy straight up Monster Battle's, Talking Strategy, and Trading, Please PM & FR Me
Old October 16th, 2013, 03:22 AM
GreyVirgo
•=ØInfinityØ=•

Nature: Serious
I get My Full team Before the Elite Four and I remember my team here's the list:

- Venusaur (Starter)
- Blastoise (Trade)
- Charizard (Trade)
- Mewtwo (Event)
- Ho-oh (Cheat)
- Vaporeon (the Free Eevee then I used Water Stone)
Pair: Saturnus

Other Forums Im In:

EGC Account: Grey
PHO Account: XLR8
LV Account: Grey

"I love making out with lamps!" - Nigahiga
Old October 19th, 2013, 09:53 AM
SweetRevenge

Nature: Timid
It varies. Usually, I first plan my team before I start to play. So since I typically have a different team each time I play, it changes from when I have my full team.
Old October 27th, 2013, 04:38 AM
GryphusHUN
Water-type Champion

I get a full party after the 7th-8th badge.
Old November 1st, 2013, 08:28 PM
Memoric
Real Eyes

Nature: Lonely
I usually have a full team by the time I reach Celadon. I plan my teams ahead, so I know what to get, and when to get it. Sometimes, though, when a Pokemon underperforms, I replace it when I find a good replacement. My last play of FireRed ended up with Golem, Aerodactyl, Exeggutor, Dragonair, Scyther, and Arcanine.
Old November 9th, 2013, 08:53 PM
RoboMan2010
Banned

Probably after my 3rd or 4th gym.
Old November 9th, 2013, 11:33 PM
Flower
ワイルドフラワー

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Flower
Probably when I get the 5th or 6th gym leader.
I am very picky when it comes to my current gen team.
PM | Flower | VM
Old November 10th, 2013, 07:17 AM
Batty

I didn't complete my team in FR last time I played until I was at the 7th gym. I decided to fish for a Shellder and make it my final addition.
Old November 10th, 2013, 08:00 AM
5ygn6tbh
Jan Jansen

In Red I always started with bulbasaur. When I got my pokeballs I caught a pidgey and as soon as i could also a geodude then i changed nothing at my team until i finished the game.
In other games I get my full team before the 5th gym.

WIE DIT LEEST IS GEK!
Old November 10th, 2013, 10:16 AM
[Lucian]
KANTO Champion

Always start with the fire type Charmander

Went to route 1 and immediately caught Pidgey

I had to gameboys and 2 pokemon fr so i sent myself Squirtle and Bulbasaur

Went to Viridian Forest and caught Pikachu

Got Pokeflute and swapped Pigeot out for Snorlax

Swapped Venusaur out for Gengar

My team was complete when I got Lapras from Silph Co.
Old November 16th, 2013, 09:24 PM
Karinmo
☜(ˆ▽ˆ)
Community Supporter

Right till the elite four.
I caught my Growlithe, and trained and trained im to a Arcanine before the elite four.
Loved what i got for the wait
Hi, this signature is a work in progress.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links