• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my first ever wifi team!!

Murt93

Battle Amateur
Years
So I finished my team and I won 5 battles in a row with it so I decided to post it and see what you guys think please note that I don't really plan on using it again but I'd like to know what I could have made better :)

Lead:suicide metagross
Metagross@normal gem
Adamant252atk/4def/252speed(the only reason that spread is there is because I got lazy and repurposed a pokemon I had already trained I know what the EV's should have been)
Stealth rock
meteor mash
earthquake
explosion
Those of you who have helped me frequently will know that I love suicide leads yes explosion doesnt cut defense anymore and yes metagross isnt fast enough to get rocks up most of the time but it is just bad ass to explode in peoples faces and the normal gem helps to correct explosions shift to 4th gen somewhat, plus I got lazy and just repurposed and old mon because I needed a stealth rocker and soft resetting my azelf was taking too long :L

Scizor@choice band
Adamant 248/252/8
u-turn
bullet punch
superpower
pursuit
your standard choice band set

Espeon(UMBREON)@light clay
Timid 252hp/4def/252speed
light screen
reflect
heal bell
psychic
at first I was a bit sceptical but it worked out to be absolutely fantastic no matter what the situation if a problem pokemon switched in(namely gengar who was faster and could OHKO before I got my screens up) I just trapped it with scizor and rinse and repeated until I won

Volcarona(Da****AmI?)@leftovers
Bold 240/216/52
roost
quiver dance
bug buzz
fiery dance
This thing is a beast with screens up I even managed to set up on a terrakion locked into rock slide and twice if not 3 times my opponent was stupid enough to let me set up on their scizor and even when taunted by jellicent I continued to boost through fiery dance as odd as that may seem and once I was +6 it was gg as it resists mach punch and bullet punch and even the less common vaccuum wave on top of the burn chance vs extremespeed if something with prankster came out I just swapped to espeon again.

Latios(Burn!)choice specs
Timid 4/252/252
draco meteor
dragon pulse
surf
psyshock(the only reason I ran this over trick was because I ran out of shards :L)
Its latios :L

Terrakion(Teriyaki)@scarf
Jolly 4/252/252
stone edge
close combat
x-scissor
sacred sword(the defense drops from close combat made me fear mach punch even with reflect up)
I love this guy! he has to be one of the greatest revenge killers out there as long as stealth rocks is up +1 dragonite gyarados and salamence and even +2 volcorona are swiftly OHKO'd by stone edge However I am convinced that neutral stone edge does more damage than x-scissor does to latios/latias/reuniclus/starmie and all the other psychic/dark/grass types so it might be better to replace it with quick attack/rockslide/anything at all

So that was my team, Metagross was absolutely terrible at setting rocks up partly due to its bad ev spread :L but it did explode very well :D the normal gem seemed to mitigate the defense drop loss somewhat Most of the time I'd use him to soak up dragon/steel/grass/ice and rock type moves or use it as death fodder for a free switch in for my espeon to proceed and set up dual screens. If anyones interested I'll be uploading a video of one of my wifi battles onto youtube soon but be wary of bad quality as I have no idea how to upload them so I'm just going to record it with a camera and upload it that way :P

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Metagross is a good lead, but Explosion won't be cutting it anymore, since it no longer halves Defense before it hits:
-Stealth Rock
-Meteor Mash
-Pursuit
-Earthquake/Hammer Arm
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 HP/96 Atk/160 SDef
Item: Leftovers

Espeon should always use Magic Bounce. Hidden Power (Fire) is also another option to let it hit Steels, mainly Ferrothorn; Baton Pass is another option for fast scouting.

Murt93

Battle Amateur
Years
Metagross is a good lead, but Explosion won't be cutting it anymore, since it no longer halves Defense before it hits:
-Stealth Rock
-Meteor Mash
-Pursuit
-Earthquake/Hammer Arm
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 HP/96 Atk/160 SDef
Item: Leftovers

Espeon should always use Magic Bounce. Hidden Power (Fire) is also another option to let it hit Steels, mainly Ferrothorn; Baton Pass is another option for fast scouting.

Is pursuit viable on a lead metagross? I never would have thought of that :/ also espeon had magic bounce sorry if I didnt put it in my post :/ its hp was water unfortunately and I was thinking of baton pass for getting away from tyranitar/scizor safely

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
choice specs aren't a very good choice for latios. if your opponent finds out you're locked into psyshock, or if they just think you're going to use it again, they can easily switch in a dark type with pursuit and then, bye-bye latios. i'd consider another item, psychic incense or life orb. dragon pulse never really did it for me but i'm not sure how you use that set exactly, you could get recover in that slot but its up to you.

Last edited:

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Pursuit is perfectly viable for Metagross. Steel is a really awesome defensive type and many leads have trouble doing well, SOMETHING to it. What's likely to happen is that the lead (a lot of them) set up something, then either suicide, attack and see what happens, or flee. Watch out for U-turn/Volt Switch/Baton Pass though, since the double damage won't work when they switch that way if you're slower.

Last edited:
Back