• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Zowayix has a good point. If the actual radio system can't be implemented, then the poke flute will probably be renamed the "poke flute radio". Then again, Zel may yet surprise us with a radio since he said the teachy TV won't be a part of the next BETA or something like that. All we can do now is hope that somewhere inside Zel's grey mushy stuff there is a radio tuner XD

EDIT: for those who don't know, the Teachy TV is given by the radio receptionist instead of the radio die to the lack of a pokegear in Pokemon Fire Red

pokenaruto

Prefect=Pokenaruto
Years
i want to tell you some things i think are bugs:
battling you rival azalia town champion music.
Glitch kanto-you alreadey know that i dont like it.

mother gives you vs seeker insted of pokegear Very Anoying!!!!
Can you fix that in the next Beta?

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
i want to tell you some things i think are bugs:
battling you rival azalia town champion music.
Glitch kanto-you alreadey know that i dont like it.

mother gives you vs seeker insted of pokegear Very Anoying!!!!
Can you fix that in the next Beta?

VS seeker is no longer given

Azale rival battle is intentional. He did that so he could maintain a cool bgm

BEFORE POSTING BUGS CHECK THE FIRST POST

shinyraichu

The Master of Electricity
Years
Possible Glitches

I'm not sure if you are aware of any of these or not:

• There are various movement permission errors. They are all threw Kanto. View the attached images
  • In Karen's/Lorelei's/Last Elite 4 Room, upon any pokemon menu command, such as Switching Pokemon, Viewing Stats, or Giving an Item, will all cause you to basically move threw anything. I never checked how to go to kanto using that glitch, so this may it, and therefor would be nothing new. I did however, do this repeatedly quite a few times.
  • The Copycat, if a Female Sprite was chosen (call me a Beta tester) will copy the Male Sprite instead. Also attached.
Also, if you don't mind me asking, how far will the next beta extend. Finally, it has got to be hard for people to figure out how to make the Ghost Buster work, so you might want to clue to it more in the next beta.

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
Years
Whoa, Zel. You just never give up. Last time I bothered to look at this site, you hadn't finished the Ice Path. @__@ Nice progress, this hack is the thin line that keeps me from "growing up." (>_<)
---SephirothX [formerly Dark Lucario ;-)]

Zowayix

hi
Years
Shiny Raichu, the last two movement errors in the attachment have already been confirmed by zel to be unable to fix, because the movement permission "able to be stood on normally" is needed for the trainers to battle you once they appear in the gym. This means that if they aren't there, you will be able to stand on that tile.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
I'm not sure if you are aware of any of these or not:

• There are various movement permission errors. They are all threw Kanto. View the attached images
  • In Karen's/Lorelei's/Last Elite 4 Room, upon any pokemon menu command, such as Switching Pokemon, Viewing Stats, or Giving an Item, will all cause you to basically move threw anything. I never checked how to go to kanto using that glitch, so this may it, and therefor would be nothing new. I did however, do this repeatedly quite a few times.
  • The Copycat, if a Female Sprite was chosen (call me a Beta tester) will copy the Male Sprite instead. Also attached.
Also, if you don't mind me asking, how far will the next beta extend. Finally, it has got to be hard for people to figure out how to make the Ghost Buster work, so you might want to clue to it more in the next beta.

-About the tile problems in the gym, don't worry, there is a soution.
-About the Lorelei's room problem, it is known *coughfirstpostcough* but zel said that it was really impossible to fix for the moment.
-The copycat one was, in fact, noticed during the beta testing :P and, I thought, fixed...
And the next beta will end in Fuchsia (the coast will be blocked, and I suppose Diglett's cave too).

Last edited:

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
Years
Ooh, liking the new tiles (except for the ones ripped from D/P). I can't wait to get home, I need to download the latest beta. (And a GBA emulator for my PSP. ;))

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
-About the Lorelei's room problem, it is known *coughfirstpostcough* but zel said that it was really impossible to fix for the moment.
-The copycat one was, in fact, noticed during the beta testing :P and, I thought, fixed...
And the next beta will end in Fuchsia (the coast will be blocked, and I suppose Diglett's cave too).

Actually Diglett's cave is in but you only explore part of route 2

Lady Nicole

hello o.o
Years
Zel, you are a genius.
Thank you so much! =)

I wanted to hack but when I downloaded some stuff my computer went all funny and slow and stopped working properly. I got a new computer because the infected file got into the system and was access denied so I couldn't get rid of it. There was no way that I could disable the security on it. I promised myself I'd never download anything like that again.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
First thing's first: The Radio thing I commented I think will be implemented for the final version or something like that, because I said before that most of the extra stuff I planned to add them in the last release (but since the Phone Booth seemed to be cool, and I was anxious to do it, I put it for the next release), I know that a lot of weird ideas about it will pop up, but for now, the Phone Booth must remain to be used as the way to simulate the phone function of the defunct Pokegear, just to call Mom, Elm or the Trainers (obviously, not the Box System, there's nobody who can count how many pokes you have in your box, because, after all, once your box is full and catch another poke, it just goes to the next box automatically)

so what about new trainer ow sprites? you have them already or the guy thta was working on it didnt finished them? will the new trainers ow sprites appear in next beta?

I really have weird MSN connection hours now, so it's pretty hard to catch everyone. I must contact him before I can answer that one.

Hmmm... in the original GSC, the Lavender Town Radio Director gave you an EXPN Card which had the Poke Flute Channel on it.
I wonder what he will give in ShinyGold?
(Seems a bit weird for a radio director to give a Poke Flute...)

For now, it gives you the Pokeflute, which I changed the name (not the graphic, though) to be an Expansion Card for the Radio-Visio so it can tune the Pokeflute channel automatically (so, once you talk with Snorlax, with the Expansion Card, the Radio-Visio will "supposedly" tune in the Pokeflute channel)
Something like that... :P

Not to go too far off topic with the next beta, but are you going to edit HO-OH's moves so that it has sacred fire when you first catch it?

Ehhhmmm... You have the Move Relearner, so just get a few Mushrooms (from the wild Paras)

Yes, by the way, the Lorelei problem about messing the script I have fixed, but still, that room is pretty weird, so most likely, in future releases I may end up putting that room in some other map.
Since this time I have reached Kanto with both heroes, this time Copycat will behave correctly (mwahahaha!)
And, Diglett's cave is also available (and you can reach a bit of Route2, but I have blocked most of it with trees, so no Pewter and no Viridian, etc)

Don't go offtopic guys. I'll bring more news tomorrow.

Veng3anc3

Woah..
Years
wow.. its amazing CREDS TO ZEL!! xD but i have decided not to play till the last/2nd last relese i want to play all of you're new functions all in 1 :P so ima jus sit and wait
gj with the phone booth and gj with getting this far in a hack dont give up!

wow.. its amazing CREDS TO ZEL!! xD but i have decided not to play till the last/2nd last relese i want to play all of you're new functions all in 1 :P so ima jus sit and wait
gj with the phone booth and gj with getting this far in a hack dont give up!

I'll probably do the same. It's really frustrating when you're playing the game, then suddenly you can't go any further, although I may have to give the phone a try on the next BETA.

Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2008
ahahaa, I love this hack, but how exactly will we get to kanto without passing through viridian?
that puzzles me.....

ahahaa, I love this hack, but how exactly will we get to kanto without passing through viridian?
that puzzles me.....

UGH?????? Have you played Gold/Silver/Crystal? You get to Kanto the first time via the SS Aqua. Then you get the magnet train fixed and whatever. I think you're thinking of that little path at the side of the corridor just before victory road. That opens up when you go in through the "Viridian" side.

No offence mind, you probably just haven't played it in a while. I took apart my Pokemon red to replace the battery in Silver. The internal battery died in my Silver cart and I lost my save game with my shiny red Celebi WHICH I GOT LIGITAMETLY THROUGH A NINTENDO EVENT!!!! CHEATING = BAD!!!!
OK. I'll stop now.
[/rant]

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Such kind of questions should be posted in some thread to be made for that specifically (if there is not one already), instead of here (because a thread specifically for that would be more helpful, I think you can play any GBA game on PSP by the looks of what I've seen. Don't have a PSP, so I can't help)

Alright, let's start the Screenshot Release Season! As you know (if not, you'll learn now), I always start posting a few screenshots of minor fixes and improvments the game had from the previous releases, so probably these are gonna be the boring screenshots...

image001nr9.png
image002iq5.png
image003ci8.png
image004vy9.png
image005dy9.png
image006uy2.png
image007tv5.png

You can see the new definitive titlescreen (in case you've forgotten about it), thanks to Neos, as always.
The ones with Mom show the changes due to the appearance of the two Key Items: the Phone Card and the PokéBeeper, which you already know what they go about, but Mom will take care of explaining how they work (just like she did with the Gear back in the old times)
And the ones with Elm show basically two things: the first, and important, that I got rid of the "mysterious pokeball disappearance act" due to using the original scripts, this time I made everything from scratch (just like Kike and Hackmew did), so that is fixed. The other thing is that he will register his number into the Phone Card and he'll also tell you he'll be annoying you with messages on the Beeper.

That's all in this screenshot release, there's one more boring screenshots release for the next time, and after that, I'll take my time with the release of new stuff (because there's still stuff to do for the Beta, not to mention the most important: Testing!)

Well, till next report!

Back