• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

General Game Dev Help and Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
The pok?dex stuff is all seperate events for the CMS.

If you copied everything right, you shouldn't have any problems. If you give me more detail, I may be able to purge the bugs you may be experiencing with the CMS.

Years
nah..... do i put in the pokedex stuff or leave it blank so that i can make my own version, and ...umm ok ... when i test my game, it brings up the auto menu, but when i got to the debugger and turn on...enable menu, and then go back to my game, the menu comes up but i can stil move around and cant control the menu, it just sits there....and then if i got back to debugger it says that menue called is on, and enable menue is off.

idk wut i did but now when i move down and up it moves the menu cursor too...

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
Yup, your Key Input Process things were wrong. Make sure the variable you have in the Key Input Process window match the ones in the Conditional Branchs later on.

And I'm not quite sure why the Hero is moving... I'll look into that. Make sure all your common event trigger conditions match the ones in my game.

Isaac17

Ridiculed One
Years
You go to the event map, create an event and select the graphic from the charaset lest, then you make it so that it is the same level as hero, then you insert a message and if it isn't long enough, let the first box be unfinished and make a second message box after that that continues from it. Then, you'll have a person.

Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2004
Isaac17 said:
You go to the event map, create an event and select the graphic from the charaset lest, then you make it so that it is the same level as hero, then you insert a message and if it isn't long enough, let the first box be unfinished and make a second message box after that that continues from it. Then, you'll have a person.
How do I make a message box? When I test run, it says I need to create position of starting party....

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
create start party position: go to the event layer (F7) and right click on the tile you want the game to start and go down to set start party position.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
u probably need to configure the tileset. go to the database and then go to the tileset tab. you'll see an option called 'passability' which has the tilesets from your game. X means you cant walk over it. O means u can walk over it and the star means you can only walk behind it. I hope that helps.

Years
phoenix316 said:
u probably need to configure the tileset. go to the database and then go to the tileset tab. you'll see an option called 'passability' which has the tilesets from your game. X means you cant walk over it. O means u can walk over it and the star means you can only walk behind it. I hope that helps.

you forgot the square.

square is for the top of the wall, you can only walk 1 tile under these, and can be put above inside doors..

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
Does anyone know why i can't 'save target as...' on my comp. i'm trying to download pokemon themes from a site and all i can do is listen to them from the site which is no good for me as i need them in my game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back