• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bibarel gets no love D: (?)

Years
It seems Bibarel is never used in NU (No pun intended)

I say, why not? Wouldn't Bibarel be an excellent counter to Musharna's calm mind baton pass? Bibarel also has a decent enough move pool, and good enough stats for NU (I think).

So, could someone explain this a bit to me?

Years
Stats are pretty bad, slow as molasses, typing leaves it weak to fighting. Doesn't really counter musharna cm because +0 psychic already does a lot and bibarel has no form of recovery. But the main thing is that it's horribly outclassed by other water types(Alomololola etc) and normal types(porygon etc). Sorry Krazzikk :[

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Yep. Really, the only thing that's good on Bibarel is its ability and the fact that it lets the ugly beaver ignore stat increases. And even then, its ability isn't that good.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024

I say, why not? Wouldn't Bibarel be an excellent counter to Musharna's calm mind baton pass?

tbh, bibarel looks like an excellent counter to cm musharna on paper since +0 psychic is a mere 4hko. however, bibarel lacks any form of retaliation. it can toxic but most musharnas run synchronize, and has recovery (bibarel has none!). return does like 12%-14% iirc. so no to that one.

Back