• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
omg no, definitely not for that reason. I like the Jigglypuff riding Krabby idea much better. I bet Skymin could draw an awesome picture of that and put it up as a banner. Advertising how crazy we are around here. I'm not even joking :>

But if anything, I guess it's up to the moderator to decide what should be in the banner. I just wanted to lift the idea and make her understand that we want it 8D

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
omg no, definitely not for that reason. I like the Jigglypuff riding Krabby idea much better. I bet Skymin could draw an awesome picture of that and put it up as a banner. Advertising how crazy we are around here. I'm not even joking :>

But if anything, I guess it's up to the moderator to decide what should be in the banner. I just wanted to lift the idea and make her understand that we want it 8D

Haha, so modest Red.

How about...A Jigglypuff riding a Krabby inside a Pelipper's beak?! or a Pelliper riding a Jigglypuff inside a Krabby's claw?!

/\_/\
(0_0 ) ///
(\\ //)//

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2015
So, EVERYONE, can I have your attention

Heretostay123 and I are going to attempt to make an RP. It will be a dark version of the Pokemon world, with things put realistically in an Anarchistic society ruled by the strongest. You will be playing everyday people in this world that have decided that they have had enough with their lot in life and are going to seize glory in their hands and be the Best that No One ever saw.

Anyone interested? Will there be any room in anyone's schedule to try this out?

Years
@deathbymanga - A lot of people in the RP Corner (including myself) have looked to putting a darker spin on pokemon RPs. Not to discredit your idea but it seems as though we need more information because whilst your setting sounds darker the rest of what you wrote sounds more like a regular old journey RP.

As for would people play it; that depends really. A lot of people in the RP Corner, especially the slightly older members, seem to be quite interested in the darker RPs if you ask me so it could work out quite well. But as I said you never really know.

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
If we make a RP corner banner I think it should be several Pokemon playing a DND like game (with human characters of coarse for the irony)... Of coarse they will be dressed up as their characters and at least one of them doing a crazy pose while the one sitting behind the GM panel has a very evil grin.

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2015
We haven't really gotten a plot made yet, but it is basically supposed to be what all the realists say when they look at Pokemon. The world is run by an economy of Dog fighters, where there isn't any government and each city seems to be under the authority of the best trainer ever.

And that is how this is. The Gym Leaders are like kings, working as the Protectorates and dictators of their area. The only unifying authority is an organization dedicated to keeping the Dog-fighting industry as the dominant Economic factor of the nation.

If we make a RP corner banner I think it should be several Pokemon playing a DND like game (with human characters of coarse for the irony)... Of coarse they will be dressed up as their characters and at least one of them doing a crazy pose while the one sitting behind the GM panel has a very evil grin.

I think there should be a Duskskul wearing a Black Mage hat and hold a staff, a Sableye sitting in the GM seat grinning evilly, a Donphan wearing a White Mage outfit, and a Pikachu standing triumphantly with a Musketeer hat and a rapier in hand

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
We haven't really gotten a plot made yet, but it is basically supposed to be what all the realists say when they look at Pokemon. The world is run by an economy of Dog fighters, where there isn't any government and each city seems to be under the authority of the best trainer ever.

And that is how this is. The Gym Leaders are like kings, working as the Protectorates and dictators of their area. The only unifying authority is an organization dedicated to keeping the Dog-fighting industry as the dominant Economic factor of the nation.

I think there should be a Duskskul wearing a Black Mage hat and hold a staff, a Sableye sitting in the GM seat grinning evilly, a Donphan wearing a White Mage outfit, and a Pikachu standing triumphantly with a Musketeer hat and a rapier in hand

If there is dog fighters, I call being Michael Vick

Years
Hello,I'm New here and I need a very good Idea for a Role Play.
So,The Reason I'm asking right now is because i'm out of Ideas. XD
Any Good Ones? :3

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Hello,I'm New here and I need a very good Idea for a Role Play.
So,The Reason I'm asking right now is because i'm out of Ideas. XD
Any Good Ones? :3

Welcome to PC, GolemLover! Glad to see that you like roleplaying, or RPing as we shorten it to here.

If you are brand new, I recommend joining an existing RP before creating one of your own. I can't see how it's a good idea to force oneself to come up with an idea for a new RP just for the sake of it. Plus, if you join an existing one, you'll get into the swings of how we RP and do things here and be all ready and experienced when you do create one of your own in the future.

First of all, remember to read through the Roleplay Corner rules :) They'll give you lots of useful hints, and you'll know what not to do.

A good place to start could be Pokémon Trainer Academy, a long running RP where you can play as a trainer and which is very friendly and open to new RPers.

Another helpful tip I can give you is to keep an eye on your spelling. You seem to capitalize first letters in rather random words. We let anyone play as long as they do their best, but RPers here normally appreciate when people try to write as correctly as possibly :3

If you wonder anything else, just ask. This thread is a good place, and otherwise I am always open to help anyone. The moderator, Skymin is also a natural person to ask anything about the forums or RPing here. Good luck and hope to see you around!

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
@RHCP: Actually, if the RP was made unrelated to the main games, then the whole universe of Mass Effect is very easy to understand. Just linking to a few wiki pages would help.

Years
  • Seen Jun 19, 2013
Hi everyone! Just thought I should make a small post here since I'm new and this thread basically seems to be the meeting place of the Roleplay Corner. I'm currently on the hunt for any interesting RPs and I've got a few in mind, but if anyone has any suggestions, just let me know. I hope I'll get to know you all soon. ^^

Also, about that Mass Effect RP...
Mass Effect RP sounds like a really good start actually:

How about basing it AFTER the destruction of the Reavers (IE Shepard chose the red path) and the Council is now based on earth as their main fleets were stranded there after the relays went *poof.* While this has caused some friction it has called for an unusual change in government and way of life as Earth and local planets has now become homes to the stranded races. The Alliance completely absorbs into the Council, and overall the survivors completely unify as they rebuild the Mass Relays...

A couple hundred of years past before they are able to rebuild the Mass Relays, and when the Unified Council return to their local systems they find the galaxy quite different than it was when they left. Many of the different races have developed their own paths, and have forgotten the ways of the Citadel. Several factions have developed and while some welcome back the Council with open arms, others are not as willing to give up their new freedoms including the powerful Artemis Federation, the human power that had discovered an alternative to Mass Relays to move between systems (though a bit slower). Feeling threatened by the return of the Council to their way of life the Federation has begun to gather allies, while their enemies flock to the re emerged Council's side.

The Council believes their way of complete unity and absorption of all the races under one banner is the way of peace and hope for the future. While the Federation unites several races under the call for freedom and that all races are allowed to choose their own paths as they see fit...

So what does everyone think about this for a start of a story? I kind of want something that doesn't step on the main story of Mass Effect since Shepard in the hero there and so players would just be some side show to his/her greatness. Also its really limiting...

If this sounds good I can start working on it...
Watch my signature. Now go this please. Seriously, I really do like the idea and as -DeepImpact- mentioned, just put a few links in there and probably anyone who is interested could join, regardless if they've played the series or not. I know I would, obviously.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
I would be interested in a Mass Effect RP, but preferably one with no link to the games story. Something BEFORE the Shepard storyline. Because of the various ways of playing through the games everyone has their own idea of how things turned out. If we just avoid that time period we avoid stepping on anyones toes.

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
Make the Mass Effect RP so I can make a renegade character. I played through the games as a paragon, but now desire to make a total jerk and punch news reporters in the face when they ask me questions.

Reactions: SV

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
Ok I will start working on it soon and DI I want to do it after since there are several books/codex entries/etc writen about what happens before and I don't want to take all the time and money reading up on those because if i dont some Mass Effect lore junkie will be calling out everything i do wrong (also having to read that all would delay the making of the RP for a month at least)... starting years after the games allows a little more of a blank slate.

I'll start working on a story and refining what I do have.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Why not alternate universe? ): I completely understand that missing something in that universe is easy because it's pretty vast.

And who did not punch the reporter in Mass Effect 2!? I'm pretty sure everybody did. d:

Years
  • Seen Jun 19, 2013
I feel like you could just change a few minor things in canon for your RP to make more sense, if you need to. Not major stuff obviously but maybe a little detail here and there to save you a lot of work. Just my opinion anyway. :P

And I didn't punch that reporter actually, even though I did a bunch of other Renegade stuff just for the lulz. My Shepard's too good for that. xD

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
When are the results of the RPA's ready? c: i'd like to see who won this quarter.

They'll be out soon, sorry for the delay.

Also, agreed on the Mass Effect RP taking place after, but I also wouldn't mind if it took place sometime before, preferably at a time without any other conflicting events happening at the same time. Just make it already!

EDIT: RPAs have been announced! Sorry it took so long. The winners should be receiving their emblems as soon as possible. Congrats!

Last edited:
Years
Congratulations to everyone who won awards :)

@Pretty much everyone - Would Mass Effect be another RP that seemed to not require much knowledge but really requires constant wiki searchers? Because RPs like that worry me. On the other hand, if there's already this much interest someone should do it.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Hey Hey congrats to all the RPA winners.

Also I don't really think you'd need to do a LOT of research. Only the alien species + Citadel would require some previous knowledge. But it really is a great universe to get to know, honestly. d:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back