• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022
Hey RP community. I have an announcement of sorts. I am working on a sci-fi roleplay and if anyone is interested in I might post some information on it.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Like Raikiri, I'd like to see a Mass Effect roleplay. Basically, any roleplay that's based on a badass video game would be something I'm interested in.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
Like Raikiri, I'd like to see a Mass Effect roleplay. Basically, any roleplay that's based on a badass video game would be something I'm interested in.

I support this. As long as said badass video game isn't CoD, since that is the opposite of a badass video game x100000000000.....

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
ditto Legion CoD isn't nearly as good as BF3.

Anyway i had another idea for a RP. what about all five regions' villains teamed up to form a new team and a Resistance is formed to help stop the mayhem? While along the way challenging different Leaders to rank up in the resistances military? I think all call the united evil team Team Demise and the resistance Band of Light.

Its not all done but its pretty developed. If it sparks some interest I'll submit it.

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
I'm actually (trying) to develop a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP...

Which will be an unbelievable amount of work. Definitely in the summer, when I have next to nothing to do. XD And then if I do, I need job lists, and keeping track of dungeons, amazing plot, and...

Oh gosh. That'll take me a while. *Hides in corner and scribbles about it in a notebook*

EDIT: Ninjadude, just saying I'm actually in an RP (Pokemon: Revolution) similar to that, except only with Team Plasma, and they rule Unova... and there is a resistance and all that and stuffs. But all five does seem interesting...

And a CoD RP? That would... that would... no. Don't bring up that horror. Please. Not ever...

You know... I would at least once... like to see a Golden Sun RP.
Or not.

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I'd love a Persona RP, or a Summon Night Swords Craft Story RP~<3 Or maybe a Fairy Tail RP, or an RP that has to do with the Tales universe.

I'd do them, but I'm kind of a bad GM, hehe.
I'd also love to see a Persona RP, I could see great things being done with the series. It has a lot of potential.
Re: Touhou: the main problem with Touhou is that everyone is likely going to be forced to take an existing character instead of making their own ... also the universe is hella complicated.

Well, one way to go about it is to allow the player to be a youkai or a human, and set up some sort of conflict for the players to either supplement or resolve. The characters from the series could act as major/minor NPCs and story elements that interact with the RPers in some way. That's a very basic setup, but it could potentially remedy the problem.

ditto Legion CoD isn't nearly as good as BF3.
In turn, neither is nearly as good as most of the other games on the market (Okay, I'm half-joking). I'm still shocked that those are the most popular games on the market; I often wonder about which direction gaming is taking...

Last edited:

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
In turn, neither is nearly as good as most of the other games on the market (Okay, I'm half-joking). I'm still shocked that those are the most popular games on the market; I often wonder about which direction gaming is taking...

You're speaking in American terms here, and even then I think Pokémon is still a universally enjoyed game. My dad says it's too complicated for him at first glance, but I really think he'd enjoy the game if he played it himself. (That said, he really does suck at shooters. "Too many controls to keep track of at once," he said while trying the campaign for Battlefield 3.)

Anyways, back on topic; most of the Call of Duty games' campaigns are based on real wars. If you going to make a Call of Duty roleplay, why not just make a roleplay of the actual war? Maybe alternate reality, steampunk/cyberpunk style? Modify the available weaponry of the war's era to the appropriate reality, so maybe a cyberpunk sharpshooter uses a railgun instead of a rifle? There can be an alternate reality (and roleplay) for almost anything in history.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I want a roleplay about... hmm...

Well I just started playing Dragon's Dogma but that's similar to Aerion in the setting... Y'know, if anyone was smart enough to work out a complicated plot like Virtue's Last Reward, you have my kudos and TAKE MY SIGN UP!

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
You're speaking in American terms here, and even then I think Pokémon is still a universally enjoyed game. My dad says it's too complicated for him at first glance, but I really think he'd enjoy the game if he played it himself. (That said, he really does suck at shooters. "Too many controls to keep track of at once," he said while trying the campaign for Battlefield 3.)

Anyways, back on topic; most of the Call of Duty games' campaigns are based on real wars. If you going to make a Call of Duty roleplay, why not just make a roleplay of the actual war? Maybe alternate reality, steampunk/cyberpunk style? Modify the available weaponry of the war's era to the appropriate reality, so maybe a cyberpunk sharpshooter uses a railgun instead of a rifle? There can be an alternate reality (and roleplay) for almost anything in history.
Sadly, those games- or at least the later CoD games- or the most popular games the world over (moreso in the Western countries (and Australia) than the Eastern ones, but even there they are gradually becoming more popular). Well, to be specific, they are CoD is the best selling game in the world and in history, which...doesn't sit well with me. It has guns, blood, and a "good multiplayer", so it sells, prompting other games in the industry to do the same to sell well. And it works. It's sad, but I still hope that gaming will come out of this "fad" soon.

Though IIRC, the later games (barring WaW) don't take their bearings from any specific wars and present new stories with unique characters and familiar settings, so they'd be viable for RPs to be based off of. Still, I do think that the idea of an alternate reality, or maybe a Cyberpunk war would be more attractive.

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
Y'know, if anyone was smart enough to work out a complicated plot like Virtue's Last Reward, you have my kudos and TAKE MY SIGN UP!
I've never played the game, but I just read a short summary of it, and now I'm tempted to try something like it. Maybe someday when I've researched the game more thoroughly~

EDIT: Erm, visual novel. Dunno where I got game from. Or are games and visual novels the same thing? Nyeh...

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I've never played the game, but I just read a short summary of it, and now I'm tempted to try something like it. Maybe someday when I've researched the game more thoroughly~

EDIT: Erm, visual novel. Dunno where I got game from. Or are games and visual novels the same thing? Nyeh...
It's COMPLICATED! You'd definitely need to play that or 999 if you want to even attempt it.

And it is a game. Visual novel is just the genre.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I want a roleplay about... hmm...

Well I just started playing Dragon's Dogma but that's similar to Aerion in the setting...
Dragon's Dogma is a fun game (and I love you for playing it), but I don't know how well an RP based off of it would work. The problem isn't so much the setting as it is the Arisen. I mean, we couldn't well play as pawns because the only things they can do is move, take orders, and learn. There could be multiple "Arisens", but I'm not sure if there can be more than one active Arisen at a time.

Y'know, if anyone was smart enough to work out a complicated plot like Virtue's Last Reward, you have my kudos and TAKE MY SIGN UP!
I'd LOVE to see an RP with a plot to the complexity level of 999/Virtue's Last Reward, but it'd take an incredible amount of planning, creativity, and detail to pull it off. Seriously, those games are pure genius.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Dragon's Dogma is a fun game (and I love you for playing it), but I don't know how well an RP based off of it would work. The problem isn't so much the setting as it is the Arisen. I mean, we couldn't well play as pawns because the only things they can do is move, take orders, and learn. There could be multiple "Arisens", but I'm not sure if there can be more than one active Arisen at a time.
Well, you could have multiple Arisens with a team of Pawns like pokemon. XD

You could always bend the plot to your liking, have the arisen's coming in a different kind of way other than the arrival of a dragon.

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
Years
Today I'd like to ask everyone an interesting question:

Why do you roleplay?

The answer to this question can be very simple, or it can be very complex. Really it depends on how much you want to share, so ... One thing I would like, though, is for the reason to be elaborated on if possible (so that there isn't just a plethora of "it's fun / enjoyable / et cetera" - of course it is, otherwise we wouldn't be doing it unless we were masochists ;p).

For me, personally, the answer has changed throughout the years I've been here, on and off. Initially I wanted to be part of the storytelling process alongside what seemed like insurmountably amazing roleplayers at the time (I still consider their work to be excellent, although the gap no longer seems so distant now). PC was actually the community that introduced me to the concept of creative writing, and as clunky and needlessly overwrought as my writing was at the time, I roleplayed anyway.

Months came and went, and I went on various hiatuses as the roleplays I participated in collectively died; as my skills slowly improved (though I still cringe whenever I see anything I wrote that's older than a year from the current date), my focus shifted towards wanting to tell a story that was linked to the beautiful worlds I saw depicted by others: my favourite part about roleplaying at this stage of my development was writing sign-ups, because in them I had the freedom to explore my character as much as I wanted to.

Right now, my primary motivation is to shape my own universe, and to let others interact with it (or, when I decide to join an RP once in a blue moon, it's to sample the flavor of something that kindles my desire to collaborate). I guess people grow cynical with time, and not nearly as many roleplays stir my interest as ardently as the ones I was attracted to when I was less experienced. I'm happy to see so many more people roleplaying, and when I see these new players I feel a little nostalgic, because I very rarely actively participate in many (or even any) roleplays any more.

Last edited:

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
I've only played a demo of Dragon's Dogma, but I would still very much prefer a RP based off say, Skyrim.

And I don't even know how somebody can manage to pull off a 999 RP lol. The game was perfect and I think it's a bit too complicated a universe to put into a RP. And I haven't even considered the mechanics yet, of sacrifice and all that jazz. I haven't played it's sequel though so I can't really comment on that.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Why do I roleplay? Not only because I love to write, it's because I simply adore creating things from imagination. Basically, I use my imagination a lot more than when I write anything else. I would say it's a lot easier and manageable than fanfic writing, but it's also a lot more fun. and it is a drug oh my goodness aaaaah.

It's also the thing I feel that I'm good at. I may think I suck (as either a roleplayer or a game master) but I've been praised. xD Roleplay is what got me to switch minors in college from graphic design to English. I want to learn more about creative writing and become superior at it. I may throw in a grammatical error in my posts, but hey, I'M LEARNING OKAY. lol also being bilingual sucks ya know

Roleplay is also a time waster, a good time waster. It kills boredom, and when you have something in your mind that's good enough to go on a word document or on paper, write it. Perhaps that "thing" you thought about may turn out to be something incredible.

Also guess what, I'm coming out of roleplay break! I'm still eyeing on a roleplay so watch out! xD I couldn't take it anymore tbh ;;

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Why do I roleplay? Hmm... that's a tough one! Well, at first it was to write collaboratively because I enjoyed writing (albeit badly at first). Then, it was creating my own characters and universes inside my head. I love to imagine and create it really helped my creative drive. Now, it's mainly to make friends. I've been making a lot of friends lately and that really makes me happy~~~

Also guess what, I'm coming out of roleplay break! I'm still eyeing on a roleplay so watch out! xD I couldn't take it anymore tbh ;;
CLOUD.

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
Years
Shameless advertisement because I finally get to spam F5 on my glorious production. This took 60+ hours to revise okay don't hate

Feel free to drop by. (Uncentered because I'm lazy.)

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
Why do you roleplay?

I first started RPing because it looked interesting, and about every other person this one chatbox I was on all the time RPed. So, I created an RP persona for myself and quickly became engrossed in it. After about a year I discovered PC's RP corner and tried a few RPs, as well as posting a few myself. At the time, I was inexperienced and could barely write four sentences. After a short stay of about a month, I left, only to start RPing on games such as Wolf Quest and Feral Heart, slowly becoming more literately capable. I returned to PC a year later, and went on using RPs as a way to release the ideas that would build up in my imagination. I still have a long ways to go before I'm even nearly as good as many of the other RPers there, but I enjoy myself, and as long as I'm able to continue being creative, that's all that really matters.

Oh, and for anyone looking to join a new roleplay, Fargona is now up.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
I'd LOVE to see an RP with a plot to the complexity level of 999/Virtue's Last Reward, but it'd take an incredible amount of planning, creativity, and detail to pull it off. Seriously, those games are pure genius.

You could always try something like that in Fallout~ (Not that I would be able to recognize a plot based on Virtue's Last Reward if I saw it. Perhaps you are already trying |D) After all, a great plot is destined to attract interest from other roleplayers, yes? (Though, it would be wise to recruit others to be involved in said plot.)

Also, I roleplay to escape a world of unsaturated colors where nothing makes sense to the naked eye into the mind and body of a character in different circumstances than I, where I don't have to be directly responsible for the consequences of their actions.

In all frankness, writing has nothing to do with it, though I do enjoy writing a short story that leads to RP occasionally. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back