• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Adding New Moves and Creating New Move Effects

Jakob99

Worlds greatest trainer.
Years
Also can someone make a program that simplifies this please? This is too complicated and after 3+ hours invested into this am throwing in the towel/

Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2017
Hello good people on this thread. I am experiencing problems concerning PGE.
Whenever I scroll down to the "added" moves in PGE's Attack Editor, i get an "unhandled exception" error. Is there a known way of fixing this?

My problem above is no longer thanks to pawell but after I followed his instructions, animations used by moves were messed up.
Help will be much appreciated.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Hello,
I did this in my Emerald rom. I used this tutorial pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=337152
I totally works for new moves. But when i try to add new effects, the game freeze. Even it is a vanila effect.
Do you have any answers ?

Years
  • Age 120
  • Seen Mar 21, 2018
If i just want to keep the old moves, the way they are, and just increase the index and reuse all animations and attacks for my new moves, do i still need to do all this ?

Thanks

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 120
  • Seen Mar 21, 2018
HUM... ok i got to edit the new moves in GBA Game Editor, but they wont show on up on YAPE ...and in GEN3 SUITE causes several errors... also tried to edit the rom data in those application, any help would be appreciated

: P

NumberOfAttacks=511
AttackData=&H900000
AttackNames=&H901800

Years
HUM... ok i got to edit the new moves in GBA Game Editor, but they wont show on up on YAPE ...and in GEN3 SUITE causes several errors... also tried to edit the rom data in those application, any help would be appreciated

Well then, try my tool. (link in signature)
With G3T you don't need to specify new offsets.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 120
  • Seen Mar 21, 2018
Well then, try my tool. (link in signature)
With G3T you don't need to specify new offsets.

Thanks Kurapika , i could add the new moves in my Pokemon using your tool,

i just changed the G3T 2.9.1\Roms Data\BPRE.ini and the new moves showed up on the pokemon menu.

[MOVE]
NumberOfMoves=
MoveData=
MoveNames=

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 120
  • Seen Mar 21, 2018
Ok just to complete ... the move description part
type the move description on this page https://mothereff.in/byte-counter ... get the number of bytes

, search with Free Space Finder the space for those bytes, add the offset on G3T move editor , paste your text on move description and save : D

Some one should update the tutorial to use CTRL+H to replace the offsets inside the rom , it's much faster and works the same, the first offset occurs 175 times i think _O_

Last edited:

vonretic

Multiuniversal
Years
Hey everyone, I've bumped into a problem that I cannot seem to find the answer by myself. I'm coming here to ask for a little help because maybe someone bumped into this problem like me and has/had a resolve to it. I'm trying to figure out how all this thing with Hex editing works and all that and I've been following this tutorial exactly as it says in it, I've done it 3 times with the same offsets like in this tut for repointing and with different offsets that I've found by myself as well, but everytime I edit/update/change the .ini file with the new offsets I run into this problem >>
Spoiler:

I've even followed two different tutorials and I am getting the same error and I don't know what is the problem where I am going wrong or what I don't do right, although I'm pretty sure that I am the problem because I'm not good at hex editing, maybe someone could help. Thanks!

Years
Hey everyone, I've bumped into a problem that I cannot seem to find the answer by myself. I'm coming here to ask for a little help because maybe someone bumped into this problem like me and has/had a resolve to it. I'm trying to figure out how all this thing with Hex editing works and all that and I've been following this tutorial exactly as it says in it, I've done it 3 times with the same offsets like in this tut for repointing and with different offsets that I've found by myself as well, but everytime I edit/update/change the .ini file with the new offsets I run into this problem >>
Spoiler:

I've even followed two different tutorials and I am getting the same error and I don't know what is the problem where I am going wrong or what I don't do right, although I'm pretty sure that I am the problem because I'm not good at hex editing, maybe someone could help. Thanks!

Either you are not following the Hex editing instructions correctly or you're messing up the .ini file ... quite likely, it's the 2nd possibility.
Anyway, try my tool G3T. (Link in signature) #Pro_Self_Advertising

vonretic

Multiuniversal
Years
Either you are not following the Hex editing instructions correctly or you're messing up the .ini file ... quite likely, it's the 2nd possibility.
Anyway, try my tool G3T. (Link in signature) #Pro_Self_Advertising

Ok, but question. Will I be able to insert/make/create new moves with your tools without deleting/replacing old ones because that is what I am really aiming for, I want to add new moves but at the same time I don't want to delete old ones, that's why I've been following this thread tutorial (without any success for me) for adding new moves and not deleting/replacing the old ones.

Squeetz

ROM Hacker
Years
I cannot for the life of me edit Fire red Attacks with PGE, even with a clean ROM.
It just says the file is being used by another program and shuts down, when I'm certain it's not!
I've put the corresponding table offsets in the .ini for Attackdata, name, description, and animation.
EDIT: Pokemon Editor doesn't work either! (On FireRed specifically, Emerald works fine),
it just returns "Error 63: Argument RecorcdNumber is not a valid value."

EDIT2: Fail, was using the edited .ini on a clean ROM. But the edited ROM still doesn't want to work with the new offsets.
Before doing this Hex tutorial, I patched the Fire Red ROM with Physical/special split ips. Does this have anything to do with it?

Any help whatsoever is appreciated. This is driving me insane.

Nevermind! It worked with G3T! :-)

Last edited:

pokelover1991

champion
Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2015
i did this correctly i even did not mess up .ini and with the game editor i can open the rom but the list of new attacks are not shown up plz help.

Years
i did this correctly i even did not mess up .ini and with the game editor i can open the rom but the list of new attacks are not shown up plz help.

If you are using a Rombase or patched stuff, you probably have to change the ini accordingly. Attack names not showing up may be the cause of a wrong "attack names table offset" or "number of attacks", etc. You probably just have to give the right offset for your attack names.

Last edited:

pokelover1991

champion
Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2015
i m sry for problem i re did the hex part i followed him till last hex edit thing i just did not follow his ini editing tech i used g3t and just changed the number of moves to 511 and i got it ty itman this is my first ever use of hex i m new though.ty bro

pokelover1991

champion
Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2015
i m sry to bother u again but one thing i forgot to do was check when i did it said my pkmn use a normal move rather then saying it used scratch i made the pointer oo i matched the whoe thing twicw but still the same problem help.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
i m sry to bother u again but one thing i forgot to do was check when i did it said my pkmn use a normal move rather then saying it used scratch i made the pointer oo i matched the whoe thing twicw but still the same problem help.

Make sure you properly did Step 22.

Back