• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
The only thing that really says bug is its eyes.
I posted a quote from another forum in the Sylveon topic. It gives more analysis that suggests Bug type. I have to keep my original guess of Ghost (call it morals), but I think Bug is what it is now.

Cyclone

Guy

just a guy
Years
Rock types are more rough around the edges, which Sylveon is definitely not. I think Rock and Ground can easily be ruled out here. Along with every type that has already been taken by the other Eeveelutions. I'm also ruling out Normal, because I doubt that if Eevee were to ever have a Normal-type evolution, it wouldn't look so different. Also, from the latest trailer, it seems to imply that Sylveon is anything but normal.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Imagine if we discover Sylveon has no type, and rather is a combination/rainbow of all other types. I'm not sure how that'd work but it'd certainly be kind of interesting if it was a rainbow of other types.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
And how would you react to this idea I just thought of: We know that Generations IV & V game had forms exclusive to versions after the launch versions of same said Generations (Rotom, Giratina, & Shaymin in Gen IV and the Kami trio & Kyurem in Gen V). What if they did exclusive Pokémon available only in a Generation VI version after X&Y?

I'd be fine with that as long as some of the new Pokémon are hinted at in the first games and/or get released to the public with the Hoenn remakes.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Imagine if we discover Sylveon has no type, and rather is a combination/rainbow of all other types. I'm not sure how that'd work but it'd certainly be kind of interesting if it was a rainbow of other types.

That'll be strange...especially after the ??? type's retirement.

I had this dream in which Sylveon was revealed to be Dragon. Several people were confused, and I explained well Sylveon represents heart, and the heart is "very strong" in Pokémon like the Dragon type, and later said something about how ice freezes dragon similar to how hearts can grow cold. Lol Dreams make more sense in dream world.

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
That'll be strange...especially after the ??? type's retirement.

I had this dream in which Sylveon was revealed to be Dragon. Several people were confused, and I explained well Sylveon represents heart, and the heart is "very strong" in Pokémon like the Dragon type, and later said something about how ice freezes dragon similar to how hearts can grow cold. Lol Dreams make more sense in dream world.
... Actually, that makes some sort of sense. It's also a interesting interpretation of dragon's ice weakness.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
Route 3 will be part of it, I'd bet.

It was in the trailer…, but what about the other areas shown then?

A lot will depend on where the region is relative to the others. If we find out it's near, say, Hoenn, it increases the chances of a cameo from someone of that region. I do think it's likely that we see some past characters, though. It's been incorporated in past games.

You guys have terrible memories…we already know where it is, sort of: Europe. We also know that one of its cities will be based on Paris due to the fact that the Eiffel Tower was in the trailer's gameplay video. And, since the 'Codename: X/Y' Region is in Europe, it can't be anywhere near any of the other regions: Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh are in Japan, while Unova is based on New York City, which is in the United States.

Yeah! I just feel the regular forest and cave theme is getting tired (not to say I don't love it). I feel like more types of terrain could be explored further. And yes, more quicksand! More "dangerous" types of terrain, not to kill or damage but somehow mess us up. (like in Rayqayza's tower, the holes in the floor) I got so mad at that puzzle, but I loved it too. I want a good mix, maybe one really really challenging one that will frustrate people and the others could be challenging in a time consuming way or etc.

What would be really cool is if GameFreak were to line up a bunch of holes between multiple floors such that falling through all of them (The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past-style, like in the Tower of Hera where there are fairies at the bottom) would lead us to a secret area.

I agree, I think they'll definitely be some cameos because of mewtwo

I'm kinda excited! Hopefully Mew can be in there somewhere too

Off-Topic: That reminds me that I still have to find somebody where I live who's willing to trade me one of those babies (I want one in FireRed to complete my PokéDex.)

I wouldn't mind stuff like that. I rather liked the Lucky Egg side quest in Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness.

Lucky Eggs were in Generation III?!?!

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Im so excited for this generation i hope the new mewthree pokemon is goonna be awesome

The rest of us feel this way :) Although if the new Mewthree forme does suck, at least there's at least 60 Pokemon or so that we can choose from that are likely awesome!

Guy

just a guy
Years
Yeah! I just feel the regular forest and cave theme is getting tired (not to say I don't love it). I feel like more types of terrain could be explored further. And yes, more quicksand! More "dangerous" types of terrain, not to kill or damage but somehow mess us up. (like in Rayqayza's tower, the holes in the floor) I got so mad at that puzzle, but I loved it too. I want a good mix, maybe one really really challenging one that will frustrate people and the others could be challenging in a time consuming way or etc.
I agree with what Vapie said here so much. Forests and caves are getting tired. I'm not saying to remove them entirely ─ they are needed terrains ─ but there are just so many other various types of locations and puzzles they can use that I'd actually like to see GameFreak use them.

Ugh, the Rayquaza puzzle was so frustrating, but I can't say I didn't have fun getting through it. I'd like more puzzles that challenge the player to be used more as well.

The rest of us feel this way :) Although if the new Mewthree forme does suck, at least there's at least 60 Pokemon or so that we can choose from that are likely awesome!
If Awakened Mewtwo does suck, then one could easily choose not to use it. That's the best part about alternate forms; they're optional.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I agree with certain terrains getting tired. I mean, it's hard not to have them in the game, since they're pretty natural in the actual world, and the regions are based off of such. It's pretty much guaranteed that we're bound to see some sort of forest in this region. Maybe if they added some different type of twist to it. Maybe like falling trees (kind of similar to what Unova had, but more puzzle-y)? I don't know, just something to keep it fresh!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I just read over at pokejungle that the guy who leaked a bunch of generation 5 pokemon has just said that a new "Fairy" type is going to be introduced, that Sylveon and Xerneas are of that type (Yveltal being Dark/Flying) and that this will all be officially announced some time today.

Pokexperto I think it is.....it's an odd one but if it really is from him there might be some truth to it.

If it is fake he's not really giving himself much time before being debunked....

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I just read over at pokejungle that the guy who leaked a bunch of generation 5 pokemon has just said that a new "Fairy" type is going to be introduced, that Sylveon and Xerneas are of that type (Yveltal being Dark/Flying) and that this will all be officially announced some time today.

Pokexperto I think it is.....it's an odd one but if it really is from him there might be some truth to it.

If it is fake he's not really giving himself much time before being debunked....

But according to the Spanish leaker who revealed Mewtwo's Awakened forme, Sylveon will be Flying rather than Fairy type: http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_ho-pokemon-edicion-x-amp-pokemon-edicion-y_1853422_s2740

That contradicts the claim of the guy who leaked the Gen V Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back