• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Dec 19, 2013
Could a mod please give me feedback on my challenge that is awaiting approval? I also wish to add that it is possible to get a 6th member in the challenge by adding a fossilized pokemon found in the smashable rocks. (including old amber for aerodactyl)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Could a mod please give me feedback on my challenge that is awaiting approval? I also wish to add that it is possible to get a 6th member in the challenge by adding a fossilized pokemon found in the smashable rocks. (including old amber for aerodactyl)

I'm about to check them. Next time, you're free to PM me if your challenge has been waiting for at least 24 hours. I'm the only mod, so it's easier to message me than posting in this thread, otherwise I might not see it.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Dec 19, 2013
I'm about to check them. Next time, you're free to PM me if your challenge has been waiting for at least 24 hours. I'm the only mod, so it's easier to message me than posting in this thread, otherwise I might not see it.

Thnx, I was hoping to run it together with maybe a few people. I just got so far ahead that I just feel like people wouldnt get interested in running this since there are so many alternative populair runs. Anyway, I feel I got most of the stuff in the post that I wanted to share so I'm still pretty happy with it now.

And I will send a PM in the future.

Years
Hey guys I was just wondering what would you think about a challange where you can't pick which move the pokemon uses. The pokemon has 4 moves you use a random number generator or draw a card , roll a dice or anything that could randomly decide between the 4 moves that the pokemon has. This would force you to have a moveset in which every move is effective. I'm thinking about this mainly because i loved battle palace in emerald and I wanted to incorporate it into the rest of the game

short version:
challange where you randomly pick which moves you use

I do agree with Sydian regarding the on-the-go difficulty, in addition to the fact that it would become extraordinarily tedious to re-randomize every move you make.

... I would be rather amused seeing that in combination with the Delta Species Challenge though.

~Rose

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Ok, still not sure if this is the right place to put this, so I'm just going to do it.

This is an urgent message for anyone who is experienced with running a challenge and/or wants to become a challenge owner.

I am willing to give away one of my threads, the Hunger Games Challenge, to someone else who has the time and willpower to manage it, because I only have enough of those for one. A quick link to the challenge is in my signature, if you would like to view it. PM me if you are interested, but if I don't get a reply by around Christmas, I'm just going to scrap it. If you want it, also realize that this challenge is not one of the popular challenges, so don't get frustrated if no one posts.

If this is in the wrong spot, someone please direct me to the right spot.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Ok, still not sure if this is the right place to put this, so I'm just going to do it.

This is an urgent message for anyone who is experienced with running a challenge and/or wants to become a challenge owner.

I am willing to give away one of my threads, the Hunger Games Challenge, to someone else who has the time and willpower to manage it, because I only have enough of those for one. A quick link to the challenge is in my signature, if you would like to view it. PM me if you are interested, but if I don't get a reply by around Christmas, I'm just going to scrap it. If you want it, also realize that this challenge is not one of the popular challenges, so don't get frustrated if no one posts.

I'm fairly certain this is the right spot. It's really for Syd to say, but this is the only thread we have for just talking. Sadly I know nothing about the Hunger Games, so I can't help you.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
true, but that is the point of a challenge. You find a hell of a lot of items you need including paralyze, burn,ice heal, antidote, awakening, full heal and a lot of potions. You can buy super potion equivelants from this girl on the street by the dozen and later on higher hp restoring items as well. plus poison doesnt do step damage in this game anymore, only if you use the pokemon that is poisoned during fights.

Plus you get revives, max revives and full restores from the helpers of Sycamore.

I am thinking of making not using O-powers on your own pokemon optional.

I didn't know you were referring to X and Y only... it wasn't clear

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years

I'm willing to own it for the sake of other people wanting to do the challenge later on.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm really into Hunger Games right now, and was thinking of making a Hunger Games challenge, but remembered we already had one. I was thinking of looking through and maybe revamping it to hopefully raise its popularity. But idk what game I would participate on. I have open gen V games, I think. But yeah, if no one else wants it, I'll probably scoop it up, if you don't mind me changing some things around.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
It proooobably wouldn't be major. I have to read it a bit and let the creative juices flow, but you offered before me, so if you want it, you can take it haha.

Edit: OKAY NEVERMIND it would be almost completely different the way I was gonna do it. Well that shakes that then! lol That one is more in tune with the whole series and the districts and stuff. The one I was planning is more about the actual games and more Nuzlocke-esque than Duotype-esque, like the current one.

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Good news everyone! I started rebuilding my collection today by buying a GBA SP and a copy of Silver Version (With working battery that tells time!). So I'll be kicking off my long road of rebuilding with a monotype. What type do you guys think I should do on Silver Version?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Maybe I could make a challenge called "The OTHER Hunger Games Challenge" cause lmfao I still really wanna do this, but going with the existing one would change it into a completely different challenge.

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
I'm really into Hunger Games right now, and was thinking of making a Hunger Games challenge, but remembered we already had one. I was thinking of looking through and maybe revamping it to hopefully raise its popularity. But idk what game I would participate on. I have open gen V games, I think. But yeah, if no one else wants it, I'll probably scoop it up, if you don't mind me changing some things around.

We have a winner! You want it, you can take it. I feel complete with the one I made myself. Idk, maybe you can make it more popular. But go ahead and change away!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
We have a winner! You want it, you can take it. I feel complete with the one I made myself. Idk, maybe you can make it more popular. But go ahead and change away!

I think I'll let LilJz take it. n___n I'd rather not rewrite the whole thing. If I decide to post the one I'd like to make, then maybe LilJz and I can work out something to where they have different names so people aren't as confused, since they'd both be based off The Hunger Games haha. But I'd rather not mess up the hard work that was put into the one you made.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
As far as number two goes, its more... well, think about it. Any moves such as fire spin don't really do much damage on the turn it is used, its more the DoT affect that does the damage. That being said, you have to survive being hit by your opponent while they slowly die from the DoTs you are using (In the case of weather, techniques like wrap, poison, and leech seed)

The only high damaging attack I can honestly think of would be Future Sight, and even then you have to wait a few turns for it to hit, so you have to survive being hit while your attack goes through.

if I would do it, roserade would be my main person because leech seed + toxic + toxic spikes + synthesis + all by level up is just too good to pass off.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I think I'll let LilJz take it. n___n I'd rather not rewrite the whole thing. If I decide to post the one I'd like to make, then maybe LilJz and I can work out something to where they have different names so people aren't as confused, since they'd both be based off The Hunger Games haha. But I'd rather not mess up the hard work that was put into the one you made.

I'm actually interested in your challenge. I wNt yu to make it :)
Ofc we'll have to change the title of it a little bit and we'll even post on the challenge that they have another Hunger Games challwnge if it wasnt the one they weren't looking for :)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Ofc we'll have to change the title of it a little bit and we'll even post on the challenge that they have another Hunger Games challwnge if it wasnt the one they weren't looking for

Awesome, sounds like a plan! Guess I need to get myself on an urge to play gen V, since I think that's all I have available to restart haha. We can start discussing whenever I work out the bugs and such with mine and I've got a file cleared up for it and you've got reign of the current one. :>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back