• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orifiel

Priestess
Years
Can't you just do the showpokepic command and just have it at the left coordinates then do another showpokepic command right after for the other coordinates and then a hidepokepic (or x2) would close both?

No, that is not possible.

Hi, I wanna know how did this happen?
fnu0xw.jpg

On the first screeny, I thought only one picture can be show at a time?
Is that because of ASM to make it possible? I've asked before but I think
the answer I got is only one picture can be shown on a pokepic command.

Requires ASM to do so.

thiaguinhohp

Hacking newbie
Years
Hello! I'm kinda new here. I made a topic in this section but a mod didn't accepted it :/

Anyways here's what I was asking in the topic:

Why there is so many FireRed hacking tutorials in the tutorial section and none for Emerald hacks? I wish to make a Emerald hack because it have the Battle Frontier and I plan keeping it on my hack and only move it to another place in the map.

Also I wanna know if it's possible to import musics from another pokemon games to Emerald. Like the rival battle music on BW2.

Also I wanna know if it's possible to import musics from non pokemon games like Megaman Battle Network 3 which is for GBA.

Sorry if it's a lot of questions. I'm new at haxing. Thanks in advance! :)

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Hello! I'm kinda new here. I made a topic in this section but a mod didn't accepted it :/

Anyways here's what I was asking in the topic:

Why there is so many FireRed hacking tutorials in the tutorial section and none for Emerald hacks? I wish to make a Emerald hack because it have the Battle Frontier and I plan keeping it on my hack and only move it to another place in the map.

Also I wanna know if it's possible to import musics from another pokemon games to Emerald. Like the rival battle music on BW2.

Also I wanna know if it's possible to import musics from non pokemon games like Megaman Battle Network 3 which is for GBA.

Sorry if it's a lot of questions. I'm new at haxing. Thanks in advance! :)

Because people hack FireRed more often. And the knowledge to FireRed have more than.
Emerald have some few tutorials there too. Some still applies. Anyways, it is possible to
import music from different games. You should take the mega huge sappy tut. On the tutorials sec

thiaguinhohp

Hacking newbie
Years
Thanks very much Saturnus! :)

I got another question: it's possible to create a Mega evolution feature in a Emerald hack? Thanks in advance :)

In pokemon victory fire dark worker is not appearing in bronze town, do i need to update my game or?

Ah Victory Fire... It's my fav hack. Here's the location of the Dark worker:

The first location is on Redwood city behind the flower shop.
The second one is on the Route which is next to Tyron Tower. He's on a dead end in the florest there.
The third one is on a little beach under the the beach next to the magic fountain which is near to Redwood city.
The fourth one is at Bronze port. Where the old couple was hanging out.

If you already found the worker in all the locations before Bronze port and it still don't appear, there is something wrong.

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Thanks very much Saturnus! :)

I got another question: it's possible to create a Mega evolution feature in a Emerald hack? Thanks in advance :)

Ah Victory Fire... It's my fav hack. Here's the location of the Dark worker:

The first location is on Redwood city behind the flower shop.
The second one is on the Route which is next to Tyron Tower. He's on a dead end in the florest there.
The third one is on a little beach under the the beach next to the magic fountain which is near to Redwood city.
The fourth one is at Bronze port. Where the old couple was hanging out.

If you already found the worker in all the locations before Bronze port and it still don't appear, there is something wrong.

Possible. But still no one knows. Eventually someone will figure it out.
Maybe like ASM or C can do. (Shinyquagsire said it's a language after ASM).

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2013
Long time lurker here,
I'm doing a firered hack and I want to know if it's possible to make it so that a certain wild pokemon only appears when the cave is dark. That is, if you light up the cave with flash, the pokemon doesn't appear.

Years
I have two questions an answer to either one or both would be most helpful :) My first question is how do I add a pokemon type to a fire red rom? And my second question is how do I change the party icon? Because I took out some gen 1-3 pokemon and put in some gen 4-6 pokemon but when I test it out the icon when I look at my party is the old pokemon.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 23, 2014
Hi, in FireRed, how do I remove the rocks blocking the way in Victory Road? (The ones that require a button to be pressed with a boulder for them to disappear) I changed all the blocks and removed all the events, but they still show up :S

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
I have two questions an answer to either one or both would be most helpful :) My first question is how do I add a pokemon type to a fire red rom? And my second question is how do I change the party icon? Because I took out some gen 1-3 pokemon and put in some gen 4-6 pokemon but when I test it out the icon when I look at my party is the old pokemon.

1) There are several tutorials for adding types.

2) Wichu's Advanced Sprite Editors. It is a set of 3 programs. The third is an icon editor. (The import image button is in the file menu. Most people miss that.)

Hi, in FireRed, how do I remove the rocks blocking the way in Victory Road? (The ones that require a button to be pressed with a boulder for them to disappear) I changed all the blocks and removed all the events, but they still show up :S

Most likely a map script things. Check for them in the Header tab in A-Map.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2013
This is tough, but with some creativity and JPAN's wild data hack, it can be done.

Hmm, thanks. That's encouraging at least.
Also, one more question. This one may be a bit easier to answer because the game already uses a similar mechanism:

You know that area, Three-Isle Path, where there's this guy digging for nuggets, and when you first get there it's a tiny cave, but after you get the national dex he's tunneled through to a completely new area? How does that work? Could I make it so that if you enter an area after having gotten a certain key item, the area has changed, i.e. a hidden passage has opened up?

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Hmm, thanks. That's encouraging at least.
Also, one more question. This one may be a bit easier to answer because the game already uses a similar mechanism:

You know that area, Three-Isle Path, where there's this guy digging for nuggets, and when you first get there it's a tiny cave, but after you get the national dex he's tunneled through to a completely new area? How does that work? Could I make it so that if you enter an area after having gotten a certain key item, the area has changed, i.e. a hidden passage has opened up?

Yes, simply use scripting to check flags or keyitems. This would be a map script in the Header tab of A-map.

ep!c

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2015
Research the routine, which calls the palette for the hero sprite with VBA SDL-H and change it.

Years
  • Seen Oct 30, 2023
Hey, I'm having trouble replacing the sprite of the main character (goto 1939) on Pokemon Emerald. I've done a few palette changes, but haven't changed the image altogether, but unLZ.gba won't load it correctly. The first problem is that it always says that the image is too big, so it can't load it. I've tried dropping to 16-bit in IrfanView, but it still said the same thing and if I recall, it made it worse by inserting a 256-bit set of colors with a bunch of random shades of green and purple and black.

But even when I'm able to just insert the palette itself, it still has issues. First off, the green (color of the background) isn't the first color in the palette: black is, which is clearly a problem considering it will take the black away and not the green, right? Nope. It scrambles the order of the colors by making black the background and all the other colors are pointed elsewhere, so you get this weird inverted-looking sprite. I've done the obvious and tried moving around the palettes in IrfanView, but that replaces them instead of just rearranging the order. At least it saves, though, right?

Here's the image I'm trying to put in:

Why isn't this working?

Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2014
i tried Desume (or however its spelt), and sonn learned it was to slow for me (and choppy, and yes i did play with the settings before i uninstalled it).

and i tried no$gba (but when i try playing heartgold, i name my character and he shrinks like normal games, but it just black screens right after shrinking)

any help, ideas, etc.?

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Hey, I'm having trouble replacing the sprite of the main character (goto 1939) on Pokemon Emerald. I've done a few palette changes, but haven't changed the image altogether, but unLZ.gba won't load it correctly. The first problem is that it always says that the image is too big, so it can't load it. I've tried dropping to 16-bit in IrfanView, but it still said the same thing and if I recall, it made it worse by inserting a 256-bit set of colors with a bunch of random shades of green and purple and black.

But even when I'm able to just insert the palette itself, it still has issues. First off, the green (color of the background) isn't the first color in the palette: black is, which is clearly a problem considering it will take the black away and not the green, right? Nope. It scrambles the order of the colors by making black the background and all the other colors are pointed elsewhere, so you get this weird inverted-looking sprite. I've done the obvious and tried moving around the palettes in IrfanView, but that replaces them instead of just rearranging the order. At least it saves, though, right?

Here's the image I'm trying to put in:

Why isn't this working?

Hi, I recommend you download NSE 2.X then find Tajaro's tut on inserting
Trainer sprites with NSE 2.X. It should work if you done it correctly.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
i tried Desume (or however its spelt), and sonn learned it was to slow for me (and choppy, and yes i did play with the settings before i uninstalled it).

and i tried no$gba (but when i try playing heartgold, i name my character and he shrinks like normal games, but it just black screens right after shrinking)

any help, ideas, etc.?
What version of DeSmuME have you downloaded?
Newest DeSmuME works really well.

leyn09

Truant Trainer
Years
Hello. I have some questions that bug me. :( Here they are:

1. Im wondering what are the safe flags to use in JPAN's fire red hack engine.

2. How do I edit the description of a move or the ability? :O

Thanks for those who can answer my question. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back