• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] KKN's Art & Design

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Pretty nice, a little strange, but still nicely done.

Thanks. I know it's strange, but it was an assignment in my art class. If you haven't seen tessellations (besides this one) before, you may consider searching Google to fully understand the technique.

That Smeargle and those Shaymin sketches were really good :D

*gets jealous*

Thank you. No need to get jealous, though.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
UPDATE: Added new "Fakemon: Fericity" pic to the Traditional section.

You know what? Chansey is fat. Let's put her on a diet.

Herishi/Fericity - Felicity Pokemon - Normal/Light(?)

This may seen pretty strange to most of you, but this Fakemon was created as an alternate evolution of Chansey. It's Japanese name, Herishi, means "healthy," while the English name, Fericity comes from a combination of "fairy" and "felicity."

Her concept was based on a glowing angel that watches over sick children. I actually saw one when I was young.

Fericity evolves from Chansey when she is holding the Music Box (a hold item that increases Special Defense), has Max Happiness at Level 50+, has full HP, and is not affected by a Special Condition (including PokeRus).

Like Chansey and Blissey, Fericity has outstanding HP and Special Defense. She can also now learn Sky Attack and Fly.

Also, pay close attention to the tails. Look familiar?

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Nice stuff Kouga, that is a very nice piece. It's so... well I don't know how to explain it, it's just really nice to look at. Good stuff man.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Again, Allelujah Haptism has given me permission to double-post when I have work to update my thread with.

UPDATE: Added new OracleArrivals: The Final Battle pic to the Traditional Section.

As an assignment for my Two Dimensional Foundation course, I had to create a representational image that tells a story which includes design elements as in a template included with the assignment. The options for the subject matter could vary between personal experience, something I have read, or total fantasy. I chose total fantasy.

This particular image is a scene from my fantasy story *Mystic*Legends: A Tale of the Oracle Arrivals. It is a scene depicting the final battle against the evil (dragon). The characters in this illustration include (from left to right) Kj'kun (a Neko), Suntahr (an angel-like character called a Ciengel), Dragon Resurko (the ultimate form of a demon that posessed an archaeologist named Resurko), and a Phoenix (foreshadows an event to come).

Yuoaman

Years
Nice! Even without shading or colors it seems incredibly vibrant. And the style suits the material perfectly.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Again, Allelujah Haptism has given me permission to double-post when I have work to update my thread with.

UPDATE: Added Millenium Puzzle to the Traditional Section.

A friend of mine recently introduced me to Season Zero of Yu-Gi-Oh!, so I've had it on my mind for about a week.

On the 2nd day of watching it, I got the urge to make something, but I didn't know what. I eventually built 2 decks of Yu-Gi-Oh! cards.

I still had the urge, so I make something, so I attempted to make a fake Yu-Gi-Oh! card featuring one of my characters. It was alright, but could have been better.

Later that night, my dad and I were talking about Yu-Gi-Oh! and we started talking about Hane-Hane, The Wicked Worm Beast, etc. and how we used to use them all the time (since my first deck was Starter Deck Kaiba).

I eventually challenged him to a game using the decks I had sloppily made earlier. He chose the Dark (Spellcaster/Fiend) Deck and I used the Earth (Beast/Warrior) Deck. He won. We switched decks after that and I won. I guess the Dark deck was just better. If I had used my real deck that was back at my dorm, I would have won hands-down.

Anyway, I had to come back to campus and I still had Yu-Gi-Oh! on the mind. I first started making manga-style cards, then I got an idea. I wanted to make a Millenium Puzzle!

All I had to work with was 1 sheet of card-stock paper, masking tape, rubber cement, and gold paint (that's mostly because I'm an art student).

After several hours of work, I was done! It could look alot better, though I'm still pretty happy with it.

Yu-Gi-Oh! is (c)1996 Kazuki Takahashi.

Also, just finished Dark Magician Girl pic:
Dark_Magician_Girl_by_Karite_Kita_Neko.png

Last edited:

Yuoaman

Years
lol

You 'just' had those things.

And that Millenium Puzzle is a very good replica! I also like that Magician Girl pic you did.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Yet again, Allelujah Haptism has given me
permission to double-post when I have
work to update my thread with.

UPDATE: Added Koban/AmuletCoin to the
Traditional section.

Koban_Amulet_Coin__by_Karite_Kita_Neko.jpg

It's a Pokemon version of the Japanese
coin koban that features Meowth and
Mew. The koban is what you see held
by the maneki neko and is also what the
coin on Meowth's head is.

And for kicks and giggles...

DON'T TELL ME POKEMON AREN'T REAL!!!
I saw a Meowth in my living room last night! I even caught it on camera!
Don__t_tell_me____by_Karite_Kita_Neko.jpg

Haha, nice Meowth imitation, Pan. *pets*

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
Years
I have permission from Loki to double-post when I have updates.

UPDATE: Added new "Hitoaisu Kitsunenohi" pic to the Traditional section.
It's not complete, but I think it's looking pretty darn good. Definately my
best painting thus far (in my opinion). The title means Fire & Ice, Fox of
Fire. As I stated before, it isn't complete (I don't see any ice). The other
half will feature a Yuki-onna (Hitoaisu Yukionnanoaisu), which you can
already partially see. [CLICK HERE TO VIEW IMAGE]

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Again, I have permission from Loki to double-post when I have updates.

UPDATE: New Maneki Neko SCULPTURE added.
Home_made_Maneki_Neko_by_Karite_Kita_Neko.png

That's right! I made a sculpture. One of the few non-2-D artworks here (the others being the Millenium Puzzle and the Koban). By looking through my art, you may realize that I really like cats, especially the Maneki Neko. Well, I've been a maneki neko fan for a while now and, since I haven't bought one yet (though I plan to within the next few months), I decided to sculpt one out of clay. This is the result. Not great, but not horrible, either. I read somewhere that the normal (white) maneki neko represents good luck, while the black maneki neko represents good health. The symbol on the backside of this maneki neko means "health."

Back