• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help and Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
[a id]main[/a id]

Contents

[alink id="allowed"]What is allowed[/alink id]
[alink id="disallowed"]What isn't allowed[/alink id]
[alink id="help"]When asking for help[/alink id]

Game Development Help and Requests

With the launch of the new rules thread, a new Help and Request thread was required.

So without further ado, here it is.

Thread guidelines

[a id]allowed[/a id]

What is allowed:

• Requesting resources than can be ripped straight from a game.
  • Requesting a tutorial to be written for you.
  • Asking for help on how to do a simple action.
  • Asking for certain programs to help you with your game development.
    For example, a sprite conversion program.
  • Requesting assistance when your code isn't working like intended.
[a id]disallowed[/a id]

What isn't allowed:

• Requesting a member to make custom graphics for you.
  • Asking how to do a completely custom system like a CBS.
  • Requesting a member to create a script exclusively for your use.
  • Requesting warez.

[a id]help[/a id]

When asking for help:

• Provide a demonstration screenshot.
  • Provide a description of the steps taken prior to the problem.
  • Provide a thorough, comprehensive and easy to understand description.
  • Provide the exact information on the error that occured.

Do not ask for members to do custom stuff.
These types of requests never get replied to and they end up littering the thread.

[alink id=main]Top[/alink id]Revised thread written by [url-inline=member.php?u=160]Avatar[/url-inline].
Some parts rewritten from older threads, by [url-inline=member.php?u=1422]Berserk[/url-inline] and [url-inline=member.php?u=3121]Dawson[/url-inline].

Last edited:

Budgie_boy

A bold new journey awaits
Years
HELP WITH DAY/NIGHT System (RMXP)

Hi all, sorry i've been away for a while I'm going into x factor this year so I might not write to you all in a while longer.

I just need a bit of help with my own day/night system, I've got each section of the day (morning, day, dusk and night) set as variables on scripting.

I have different tilesets and maps for each area and for night or day (eg LITTLEROOT DAY and LITTLEROOT NIGHT). Is there any way to save the players location on the day map and transport the player automatically to the night time map through script or is there a less complicated way of doing this (EG changing tilesets automatically)?

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
Years
Help box system and badges needed

I'm planning to make two regions in my game, so I need another 8 badges, but how do you add badges to poccils starterkit.
and I need a whole new box system for the second region aswell.
so how do you add a second box system that's only accesable from the second region?
please help me!

PoKéMaKeR

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
For the first problem, nothing needs to be done; just assume that more than eight badges
is possible.

For the second problem, follow the directions below.

First, create a new script section with the following code.

Code:
class RegionalStorage
  def initialize
    @storages=[]
  end
  def [](i)
    if !@storages[i]
      @storages[i]=PokemonStorage.new
    end
    return @storages[i]
  end
end

def pbPokemonStorage
  if $PokemonStorage
    mappos=!$game_map ? nil : pbGetMetadata($game_map.map_id,MetadataMapPosition)
    if !mappos
      return $PokemonStorage[i]
    else
      return $PokemonStorage[mappos[0]]
    end
  end
  return nil
end

In the script sections PokemonUtilities, PokemonStorage, PokemonDebug, and
PokeBattle_Battle, replace all instances of "$PokemonStorage" with "pbPokemonStorage".

In the script section PokemonLoad, modify line 243 by replacing this:

Code:
    $PokemonStorage=PokemonStorage.new

with this:

Code:
    $PokemonStorage=RegionalStorage.new

The change will take effect only if the game is restarted or the save file is deleted.

In order for this to work, the region for every map must be explicitly set in the visual
editor (editor.exe).

Ionic

God of nothing
Years
Ash Charset

Does anyone know where i can find a Ash charset or something very similiar.
I need it to show pictures when stuff happens, it doesn't look right when its someone like Lucas with a Ash picture as you can guess :).

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
Years
Hi all, sorry i've been away for a while I'm going into x factor this year so I might not write to you all in a while longer.

I just need a bit of help with my own day/night system, I've got each section of the day (morning, day, dusk and night) set as variables on scripting.

I have different tilesets and maps for each area and for night or day (eg LITTLEROOT DAY and LITTLEROOT NIGHT). Is there any way to save the players location on the day map and transport the player automatically to the night time map through script or is there a less complicated way of doing this (EG changing tilesets automatically)?

There are several ways to do this. The first is to save the player's location on the map (I believe you can look up the 'Player x" and "Player y" functions of the variable portion of the even script. Look in the "Interpreter" scripts). The second way is to change the map's tileset. I do not know how to do this though, so you might want to ask about it on RMXP.org. I believe I saw at least one script that was supposed to do this there.

DarknessMonkey

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 27, 2009
Can someone help me out with this small problem?

I need help editing my tileset because I want to add D/P's natural features (trees, etc.) for use in my game.

Great! Well now I got the trees from whack a hack (only place that seems to have them...) and they are too small for my RMXP tileset, how would I go about editing them in GraphicsGale? I see everybody else with these same trees and when I ask for help no one seems to know how to do it. I know how to use the grids but getting the tiles bigger and making them look right is where I seem to fail.

[Funny, I fail.]

darkerarceus

Advanced RM2K3-er
Years
Can someone help me?
I am making a pokemon game
and I need a program to make a region map
so anyone know a program to do that for my townmap?

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
Years
at darkerarceus
Are you making the game with the starterkit?

and now my own question:
Is it possible to make a trading event with starterkit (rmxp)?

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
Years
Can someone help me out with this small problem?

I need help editing my tileset because I want to add D/P's natural features (trees, etc.) for use in my game.

Great! Well now I got the trees from whack a hack (only place that seems to have them...) and they are too small for my RMXP tileset, how would I go about editing them in GraphicsGale? I see everybody else with these same trees and when I ask for help no one seems to know how to do it. I know how to use the grids but getting the tiles bigger and making them look right is where I seem to fail.

[Funny, I fail.]

Well, the problem you're having is that they simply won't share their tilesets. That's because they've spent a long time working on them for their games, either through ripping them from an emulator or through screenshots. In either case, they got them at the original size (which is bigger than you got), and then they edited them to standardize them. To see an example, look at the Pokemon Gale - The Geor Adventure thread. The first couple of posts that have game info (other than the first one, which has been edited), have a drastically differet tileset from the well done one they are currently using. I believe that there's even a post somewhere in the thread showing a procession of the improving game screenies, as per an earlier request of mine.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2016
Hmmm....

I am a beginner spriter and i am making a pokemon game.
I was wondering how you make the sprites backgrounds transparent like that...
In the game, When i put the sprites I make into it, they appear all white and blocky in the game(in the background of the sprite)... How do you guys make it so that you see them just normal?
(sorry if I don't put much detail into my problem)

Question #2:with FlameGuru's starter kit, How do you make it so that a trainer battles you on the spot rather that having to see you(and have that exclamation mark appear above their head)?

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions,
Tokinini

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
Years
Yes I Just wanna make a region map like the sinnoh region map
but my own the way I like it!

You need to make it with paint!
then save it in the picture map !

Question #2:with FlameGuru's starter kit, How do you make it so that a trainer battles you on the spot rather that having to see you(and have that exclamation mark appear above their head)?
Change the name of the event from trainer(x)(x=number of steps it can see you from)
to anything else but trainer(x)
and change the event touch to action button

oh and to your first question
if you make a sprite then import it using the "materials" button and then import your sprite
then you'll see your picture and under it 2 color blocks with transparent color (L-click) and semi-trasparent color (R-click)
click both left and right mouse button on the back ground of you sprite and then just click ok!
(if you don't undertand it pm me)
and then you need to talk to the trainer for a battle to start!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Change the name of the event from trainer(x)(x=number of steps it can see you from)
to anything else but trainer(x)
and change the event touch to action button!
Actually, that's for poccil's kit, not Flameguru's.

But then, you shouldn't be using Flameguru's anyway - poccil's is an improved version. Unless the person who asked meant poccil's kit?

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2016
Thank you for the information!
It was all understandable and it worked perfectly!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
I am a beginner spriter and i am making a pokemon game.
I was wondering how you make the sprites backgrounds transparent like that...
In the game, When i put the sprites I make into it, they appear all white and blocky in the game(in the background of the sprite)... How do you guys make it so that you see them just normal?
(sorry if I don't put much detail into my problem)

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions,
Tokinini

for the transparent backgrounds, it's actually really easy, all you need to do is take the sprite, and put it somewhere you can easily find it (i usually just do the desk top) them, color the whole background one color, a color that is not in the sprite, then, go to the rmxp editor, click on tools, then on materialbase, then click on what kind of sprite it is (if it's an over world sprite (the kind that walk around) then choose character) then, click "import" and then find the file, when you find it, you will be given the option of what color to make invisable, and what color to make translusent, just chooce them (if you don't want a translucent color, then choose the same one as the invicable color)

and there you go, the background is invisable.

for the second question, i am going to asume you mean you want the player to talk to them, and then they battler, just set an event , and put the triger to action button. that should do it.

at darkerarceus
Are you making the game with the starterkit?
quote]
Yes I Just wanna make a region map like the sinnoh region map
but my own the way I like it!

just use the map editor in the starter kit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back