• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Research: [GENERAL THREAD] Pokémon Heart Gold/Soul Silver Hacking

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2021
Does anyone know if it's possible to remove the special defence boost sandstorm gives to rock types?

Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2012
does anyone know how to edit the trainers battle sprite and intro (when choosing male or female) sorry if it a noob question

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2010
does anyone know how to edit the trainers battle sprite and intro (when choosing male or female) sorry if it a noob question

Yes. I went through the entire process of changing the back sprite a couple pages back. Please read through the topic before asking a question.

Years
  • Seen May 7, 2012
HeartGold/SoulSilver might be hacked one day, . I would love to see animation like Faulkner's gym elevator in other games! but Black and White would nigh be impossible

Mostly just because the sprite MOVES during a battle, it no longer it a stationary sprite image. It is one that has animation.

Potatomuffin

The One And ONLY!!!
Years
HeartGold/SoulSilver might be hacked one day, . I would love to see animation like Faulkner's gym elevator in other games! but Black and White would nigh be impossible

Mostly just because the sprite MOVES during a battle, it no longer it a stationary sprite image. It is one that has animation.

I took a look at that, but it won't be that hard because, how should i say this, there are multiple parts of the sprite, much like a jigsaw puzzle, that move together rather than one piece

Great Mazinger

nope.avi
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
In the case of a simple frame-by-frame animation, animated sprites mainly causes a larger workload (Of course you can always remove the animation or copy the same frames across the whole animation to save time)

Segmented animation would be more of a pain because each part would still need to line up and move in a way that doesn't look strange.

Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2010
Was wondering if someone's made a hack for HG/SS yet that has had the textures for the female character changed to ones based from Crystal?

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2011
I just started trying to hack SS/HG a couple days ago.
I wasnt able to do much, all i could do was change the OW sprites using poketex and wild pokemon(and stats) with PPRE.

Are there any other tools i can use?
Also, im pretty new to rom hacking...and when i say new i mean i started like 2 days ago and would appreciate and tips/etc.

My main goals are:
Editing Sprites with Custom Sprites
Changing Story
Adding more pokemon to the Pokemon sprites in OW, like event pokemon that you go and catch(lugia, ho-oh, mewtwo, etc.)

Less Important:
Changing the map(i think its too advanced for me)

Anyways, if you have any tools or tips on doing these things, i would appreciate it and ill try to help anyone out if you need it...

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2011
oh, i see
well im actually changing wild pokemon right now with PPRE, i noticed that there is an event tab

am i able to add OW sprites and stuff using that? so i can go and battle it like ho-oh, lugia, etc.

btw, how would i go about entering my own custom sprites(both OW and in battle trainer backs) in SS or is that not possible yet?

and my last question, how would i change the shiny pokemon colors? i wanted to change lugia's shiny to a shadow lugia but im not sure how to do that...

Thanks for the help btw

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2011
i have that already downloaded..
all it does is dump everything from the rom right?
after it does that how would i edit the files and where are they located?
OW sprites are in a/0/8/1 or a/1/7/9, one of those and i have the in battle sprites written down somewhere, but how about the pokemon info sprite and am i able to replace the in battle trainer and trainer card pictures? i need to change them to riley to complete my sprite hack

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2011
Hi!
I really dunno why my other post was deleted TT~TT(sorry for anything!)
Well,im made a new Misty sprite(overworld and big sprite).I I want to know
if its possible to change Kotone sprites for that one that I made.
Oh,I only made the basics positions of misty,so,I would like to know if i can use
a walking sprite do runnig animation.
Well,i think you guys get it(ihope'~')
Bye!

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2011
i replaced the silver sprite with Riley(D/P/P) both walking and running

walking looks fine but you gotta make sure you replace the positions correctly, for me it was kinda a trial and error type thing. Had to constantly replace

as far as the running, i used a walking sprite as well and it looks a little funny, but it isnt all that bad

to replace the OW sprite just use poketex

and the in battle and big sprites idk

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2011
Hi!
riku,theres some chances of freezing doing that?
and,im not very good with hack,can you do it for me?
if yes,i pass to you my mistys sprites
tnxs ^^

Purple-Latias

The Guardian Of Aura.
Years
Can somebody help me with hacking the back and front sprite of the hg/ss heroine?
if i open it with pokepic for diamond and pearl i can see her in black and white.
And with platinum i only see black and white pixels.
Can somebody explain how to get the original colors?

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
Years
That's because if you want to do that, you'll have to replace the following:
- The language file (impossible, too large when you add Game Corner)
- ALL The Graphics (possible...)
- ALL The Connections to the graphics and text (impossible, don't know what files cointais this)

That's why... There IS a Japanese ROM translation that translates the Game Corner and everything else though... Not sure if I might add different sites though...
At google, search for "Rykin122" the there is on saying '(lang. hack)' at the title.

Wait, so you are saying that NOA has removed the slot data completely, and someone had to re-translate from scratch? DAMN YOU NINTENDO, DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!!!!!!!!

Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2012
Joalsses, sorry idk how to add custom sprites

i can only change sprites that are already in the game
EX. Swap Silver and Red so main character looks like red and Red looks like silver

Does anyone know of any DPP tools that work with SS/HG? i wanna change back sprites
Also, how do i add custom sprites? i still cant figure it out

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2011
i havent found them either but you can take the japanese rom and edit that one, then drag the edited narc files into the usa rom

it works for me, i use poketex to edit and then drag the narc files to the usa rom

if you need any help on which files they are then just tell me ill post em

oh and my other account is chris12341 if you guys havent noticed, i made 2 because the first one wasnt able to get verified...until like a hour after i made and verified this account lol, idk what was up but i wasnt getting the verification e-mail

Back