• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Affection

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
The first of the five types of affection is the one I like giving the most, and the fifth is what I like getting the most. I've very rarely showed affection to others in my life, and even though I have before its results only added to how hesitant I can be to open up to someone. I went overkill when I did and it worked out the same as if I was cold as usual :o

Kyoe

working on it
Years
There is definitely a difference between intimate affection, and comradery. I can be a very affection person with friends and family, but only if they're comfortable with it.

As for the romantic sense, no you're kinda stuck with me being really affectionate. Ahah....

luo xiang

Ami Tuo Fo enlightenment
Years
I kinda can be to a fault. SO I have to be self aware. I've got this personality that typically thinks everyone is good with bad tendencies xD

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
It really just depends. For the most part, if we're acquaintances or casual friends I'm not entirely affectionate but I am helpful, friendly, you know just genial. If we're really good/close/old friends then ugh I'll just love the hell out of you tbh.

Years
Not at all.

I recall being a very hug-y person when I was a kid - I just had this impulse to hug everyone when they left. Family, friends...even my family's real estate agent one time (I was shamed about that one, I definitely remember that much. I was a bit of a weird kid). I was not shy about doing that. But now...it's not happening. I'll hug friends and family members, but not very often. I don't like touching. I sometimes can barely stand people being close to me (moreso if it's someone I don't know). I feel weird showing any emotions, aside from happiness at times.

Rather sad, when I think about it.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
I really should note how strange it may appear to friends and family for me to prefer physical affection over others, as I am very similar to a lot of introverts in how asocial I can be physically. I don't like hugs, kisses, or really anything of the sort from people... but maybe that's because I don't see reason to be affectionate with them? It's my favourite thing from someone I do want to be like that with, though. I suppose I'm a bit odd about that.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
I used to be the type of person that cringed whenever someone hugged me, but college really helped to break me of that. Now I'm very much the type of person that hugs people I know - I'm still not like that if I don't know you already, but if I know you and like you then you're likely getting hugged.

Yukiyo Kayume

Dragon Goddess
Years
I can be very affectionate towards people I am close to, but I admit sometimes I can be a bit clingy ... :D I just love being around the people I like!

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years
I'm pretty affection I guess, but it depends with which friends it's with.

I was one of those kids who knew pretty much everyone in college, but very few close friends. Moving into university I got more closer friends and those friends I'm more affectionate with. Especially since I didn't have many close ones previously, I treasure my current close ones a lot and that ends up to me being extra affectionate to them.

Rudy

give us a song ex boyfriend
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
i hate it
i hate being affectionate, i hate people being affectionate with me

it makes me feel honest to god physically sick when people get too affectionate or friendl with me. when i tell people this they get extremely hurt and i usually have to pretend its Only Sometimes i feel disgusted by it so theyll stop being upset but i still continue to feel disgusted and trapped by it

i dont know what it is, i just cant stand it

Shiny Bunnelby

Tolerated, but never celebrated.
Years
I'm weird about my personal space.

The best way to describe it is that I absolutely must be the one to initiate any affectionate exchange, otherwise I have an internal crisis.

It's mostly because people in the past took it as an invitation to pick me up and that shit is a huge no-no for me.

Back