• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Dimension Legends:Alternate Worlds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years
Nice job with grass animation on your youtube account
lol..That wasn't meant to be shows here so that is why i did not post here since the animation is still not perfected yet but thanks also.

i really like the graphics!! good story, that really good for a new story and new maps!!
Thanks. Really had time with the graphics, inserting the tiles and all, but the graphic stuff doesn't end here, there still more graphic stuff to do so keep on watching..

:. Updates .:

After a week of lazily mapping the route 1 i manage to finish it. Since i was also doing the animation and other graphic stuff it took a while and also i am taking this slowly.
Here is the screenshots of route 1, still no scripts though..xD

2-3.png
1-4.png

4-3.png
3-3.png

E.C.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 28, 2021
i don't want to sound like a jerk or anything, but i like the story, but the only thing i really dislike about this hack is the tiles, i have seen so many maps with the same tiles and i think they are starting to be overused, another reason is i just plain don't like them, but that's just what i think, it's your hack, you can insert any tiles you like.

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years
i don't want to sound like a jerk or anything, but i like the story, but the only thing i really dislike about this hack is the tiles, i have seen so many maps with the same tiles and i think they are starting to be overused, another reason is i just plain don't like them, but that's just what i think, it's your hack, you can insert any tiles you like.
You are right about that, but before this new thread, i use this same tiles so that is why i am still continuing going to use this tiles for my hack. And i don't see that many hack's using the same tiles i do, if you ca point out a few hack's that would be great. And i did not use all the tiles from the same person, the base grass was made by myself, path..etc..
If you mean the houses, they won't really be in the hack for all towns, they will of course be changed to newer tiles. I am mixing to my liking so i like the way it is now so yeah that is my opinion on what i think. And you not being a jerk, it is your opinion so yeah..

I have been working on the 2nd town, or so you can say. It took me days to finish it since i kinda get distracted easily by reading manga.
This 2nd town is can be considered not as a town, just a small village or a resting point since there is only a PC and two houses after this village then you will be going on to much bigger map and all so yeah i will post more updates on newer maps..xD

1-5.png

2-4.png

3-4.png

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
I would recommend you to make your own Pokémon's, atleast for the starters.
But since that would slow the progress down, I would recommend you, if you would consider my idea, to wait untill you've made some progress into the game.
But for now, the starters should maybe be, like you stated in your second post in this thread, one from each region (what?!).
I would also like to ask, have you started all over, or do you continue from the last game, because in that case I would have to make a whole new series of Let's Play: Pokémon Dimension Legends.

Ps. I'm glad that you've/you're making the gym leaders harder. The one was easy as magikarp, at least in the previous version.

Last edited:

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years
I would recommend you to make your own Pokémon's, atleast for the starters.
But since that would slow the progress down, I would recommend you, if you would consider my idea, to wait untill you've made some progress into the game.
But for now, the starters should maybe be, like you stated in your second post in this thread, one from each region (what?!).
I would also like to ask, have you started all over, or do you continue from the last game, because in that case I would have to make a whole new series of Let's Play: Pokémon Dimension Legends.

Ps. I'm glad that you've/you're making the gym leaders harder. The one was easy as magikarp, at least in the previous version.
I will not be making a Pokemon for my hack, i will be using original available Pokemon since i don't have a good spriter to make my own Pokemon.

And yes 1 from each region, did i say you will get the choice from the beginning? nope, but maybe, You just have to play to find out..haha, and yeah you will be able to get all starters in sidequest or something.

I think you need to redo back from the start since like i said it was a demo but now it is revised into this new hack Pokemon Dimension Legends: Alternate Worlds.
Abit new storyline like at the beginning which will be revealed in time and also with new tiles and events.

I will be releasing an alpha/beta which last till the 1st gym with 1 event and also it will be hard that for sure since i did at first make it ultra hard but it was edited by my grammar fixer so this time i will keep it hard so you guys have to level up by fighting wild Pokemon or maybe use the event to level up..haha..
Anyway Lets get to the updates.

I manage to finish the layout of the 2nd route or you could called it the Bliss canyon the remade of the previous version from my old demo.It is still not finish for the beautiful part around the map which you cannot acces but can see, the only thing done is the layout which i start just today..xD
1-6.png
2-5.png

3-5.png
4-4.png

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
I will be releasing an alpha/beta which last till the 1st gym with 1 event and also it will be hard that for sure since i did at first make it ultra hard but it was edited by my grammar fixer so this time i will keep it hard so you guys have to level up by fighting wild Pokemon or maybe use the event to level up..haha..
Anyway Lets get to the updates.
It looks like you've done a lot of work with the graphics but by having only one real event before fighting the first gym leader will make the game somewhat boring (or at least, it won't stand out in any way).

Nice graphics make the game look good but imagination is the real way to hack ;)

Try to think of something unique - unpredictable scripts will make the hack superior to normal pokemon games (catch pokemon, go to the next city to fight the gym leader, fight some trainers).

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years
It looks like you've done a lot of work with the graphics but by having only one real event before fighting the first gym leader will make the game somewhat boring (or at least, it won't stand out in any way).

Nice graphics make the game look good but imagination is the real way to hack ;)

Try to think of something unique - unpredictable scripts will make the hack superior to normal pokemon games (catch pokemon, go to the next city to fight the gym leader, fight some trainers).
yeah i know what you mean, but it is not that i am focusing just on graphics but it is just that i plan to do the tiles and map stuff first while scripting last so hence why my updates is only maps. The event is only 1 since it is just till the first gym so yeah it is kinda an introduction of the evil team so yeah it will be cool, once i script the event try it out which i don't think will be any soon..xD

Olli

Years
but by having only one real event before fighting the first gym leader will make the game somewhat boring (or at least, it won't stand out in any way).
I'm not sure that I agree. Try and think back to all the older games, and remember how many events there were before the first gym.
As I recall, there was only the Oak event in the first games, there weren't that many more in GSC.
If they won't make that many events in the start, there may be alot more longer into the game.

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
Years
I Really Like The Look Of This Hack:D
The Story Seens Good Too Even If you Did'nt Reveal That Much But It's Enough:D
And I Really Like how You Used Kyledoves Tiles But as You Said Thai They Change In Other Towns Lookind Moderner...Means That You Inserted The Tree PC and Mart In Tileset2:D
But I REALLY Like What You Did And Good Luck With It!!!

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years
I'm not sure that I agree. Try and think back to all the older games, and remember how many events there were before the first gym.
As I recall, there was only the Oak event in the first games, there weren't that many more in GSC.
If they won't make that many events in the start, there may be alot more longer into the game.
Everyone have their own point of view, but to think of it there is not really one event in the first alpha but one major event,and few minor events.
I Really Like The Look Of This Hack:D
The Story Seens Good Too Even If you Did'nt Reveal That Much But It's Enough:D
And I Really Like how You Used Kyledoves Tiles But as You Said Thai They Change In Other Towns Lookind Moderner...Means That You Inserted The Tree PC and Mart In Tileset2:D
But I REALLY Like What You Did And Good Luck With It!!!
Thanks so much for your compliment..xD,
the story is put that way because i don't want to reveal much but at the same time give you an idea what my hack is about..

:.Update.:
This is not that big of an update but i was tampering around with tittlescreen and decide to do it myself, i mange to insert it but still a few glitches, will fix it tommorow, and i don't think i like it this way, gonna try another method of inserting when i have the time..
Tittlescreen-2.png

Last edited:

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
nice tiles and day/night system, i liky !!!! lol, my support 'bra', hope you finish beta 1 soon !!!

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years
nice tiles and day/night system, i liky !!!! lol, my support 'bra', hope you finish beta 1 soon !!!
thanks for the comments..

:. Update .:
I know it has been a while since i update but i was trying to learn insert graphics so yeah it took a while. And there is not much to showcase hence why not much updates is shown and also after this i will be inserting Pokemon sprites so maybe at times i show you my progress..

For now i manage to insert my tittle screen, it is still not perfect still abit editing need to do with the placement and pallete but yeah i will be able to them after finish inserting.

Olli

Years
That's one cool title screen, however it bothers me that the background hasn't gotten any colour.
I guess it's because you can't change the pallete or something, as someone mentioned on your profile.
Keep up the good work.

Years
I love the titlescreen! It's very different to the others. Anyway, I have a question. Will you be changing the Ow? As I feel it doesn't go well with your tiles.

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years
That's one cool title screen, however it bothers me that the background hasn't gotten any colour.
I guess it's because you can't change the pallete or something, as someone mentioned on your profile.
Keep up the good work.
Thanks but i don't understand what you mean by the background has no colour. There is colour for the background, there is no mistaking it.

hey cool titlescreen:D and i like the way you managed to use the animations for it two:D compliments sensei:D
lol..Thanks guys, but the tittlescreen will be edited to be a much cooler looking.

I love the titlescreen! It's very different to the others. Anyway, I have a question. Will you be changing the Ow? As I feel it doesn't go well with your tiles.
thanks. For the o/w, of course they will be chnage but for now since i have not get any spriters extra since my current spriter is kind of busy,
I won't be able to insert new one until i found a suitable o/w and sprite or a suitable spriter to help me out..

Anyway guys there will be no updates today, been a hectic day at school and also other stuff, damn tired so did not manage to do anything.
Will finish up the last map by this friday then will start inserting Pokemon sprites and other graphics before scripting. If you guys notice i have been doing all the stuff myself except for spriting, as it is not because my other members are busy or something, it is just i am trying to learn to do all myself so it will be easier..so yeah expect more stuff from me.
Hope during that time i would be able to find a spriter..xD

Thanks for supporting me.
Anyway, if you guys notice there is no support bar,
If you guys would like to make a support bar for me, i don't mind and i would add it to my thread..thanks again man..xD

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
My main issue is with the titlescreen. You have this super badass Giratina sprite but then it get's covered by the Pokemon Dimension Legends sign.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
As you know, I love the mapping in this hack and the tiles that accompany them. :3
Oh, could you post some scripts and event screenies as well?

Keep up the good work!

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years
My main issue is with the titlescreen. You have this super badass Giratina sprite but then it get's covered by the Pokemon Dimension Legends sign.
Haha, i know what you mean, i will be editing the tittlescreen like i said but even that, the giratina sprite will still be covered with the tittle..haha,
but i will try to make the Giratina much more visible.Thanks for telling me.

As you know, I love the mapping in this hack and the tiles that accompany them. :3
Oh, could you post some scripts and event screenies as well?

Keep up the good work!
Thanks man for supporting my way of mapping..xD
anyway for scripts and events, i do have them in mind, but i was thinking of inserting all the Pokemon sprites first along with a few graphic stuff before doing any scripting so it would be a bit better..
But what do you think?
I will try to get at least a 100 or lesser Pokemon sprites inserted by this weekend or so since i have other projects to do too..
But if you guys wanna see the event i will try to script first.
I was thinking of changing the o/w and sprites first before scripting..haha

anyway like i said if anyone want to offer a support bar just do so..xD

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years

Haha, i know what you mean, i will be editing the tittlescreen like i said but even that, the giratina sprite will still be covered with the tittle..haha,
but i will try to make the Giratina much more visible.Thanks for telling me.

Thanks man for supporting my way of mapping..xD
anyway for scripts and events, i do have them in mind, but i was thinking of inserting all the Pokemon sprites first along with a few graphic stuff before doing any scripting so it would be a bit better..
But what do you think?
I will try to get at least a 100 or lesser Pokemon sprites inserted by this weekend or so since i have other projects to do too..
But if you guys wanna see the event i will try to script first.
I was thinking of changing the o/w and sprites first before scripting..haha

anyway like i said if anyone want to offer a support bar just do so..xD

IMO, you need less graphical focus. If you script and map at the same time, making the hack will be fun. But if you leave scripting until the end, then you probably won't have that much motivation to script.

Oh, and good luck inserting 100 sprites. :3
It takes me a whole weekend to insert one. >:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back