• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: EVAN PETERS HAVE MY BABIES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
That reminds of a game a friend of mine got called Geek Battle where you've got topics like comics, games, fantasy, science, technology, etc. and the questions run from asking you about ports on a laptop to Buffy the Vampire Slayer. It's pretty fun. Even if you're a pretty nerdy person you still find there are areas you know very little about so it's got a lot of unpredictability.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
That reminds of a game a friend of mine got called Geek Battle where you've got topics like comics, games, fantasy, science, technology, etc. and the questions run from asking you about ports on a laptop to Buffy the Vampire Slayer. It's pretty fun. Even if you're a pretty nerdy person you still find there are areas you know very little about so it's got a lot of unpredictability.
Apply that to more 3D-scape challenges and it's really quite the same. One of the ending challenges week before last was two competitors answering questions about things from Game of Thrones to Chronicles of Narnia, etc, and the ones who answered correctly rolled a large sixteen sided die down a hill into erect figures of knights/wizards and the like.

Years
Apply that to more 3D-scape challenges and it's really quite the same. One of the ending challenges week before last was two competitors answering questions about things from Game of Thrones to Chronicles of Narnia, etc, and the ones who answered correctly rolled a large sixteen sided die down a hill into erect figures of knights/wizards and the like.
That seems a little over the top. And 16-sided die? Should have been 20-sided.

Years
Warm Bodies was a great movie guys, I highly recommend if you want/need something to see for Calentine's day or just whenever. Had a great soundtrack too.

Years
I want to see that. I don't know why. I'm not a fan or romantic comedies or zombie movies, but something about their being polar opposites is appealing. Plus it's received lots of good reviews.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Man I want to see Warm Bodies :( My wife really wants to see it as well, but she's been sick so I've been taking care of her...

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I'm a little interested in Warm Bodies, and I almost saw it the other day but I felt super loner-ish going to the movies by myself, so I settled on renting House at the End of the Street. I must say, that is much more of a psychological thriller than it is a horror. Not sure why it was advertised as such.

Years
Warm Bodies was a good movie after all. You got to be scared a little, but not grossed out, and you could see a real romance building. Music was good, too. I really enjoyed how they knew not to take the concept too seriously, but knew when they needed to. Nicholas Hoult did a nice job.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Warming Bodies is definitely a nice take on the zombie mythos. But that all may change once World War Z is out in the next few months.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
But that all may change once World War Z is out in the next few months.

Oh god cannot even wait for this. I'm sooo excited, I've read the book and it was outstanding so I can't wait to see how they'll portray the movie. The book was written incredibly well and with the way they pieced together the accounts kept it as a very unique writing style, but one which perfectly suited the theme of the book. I'm really excited to see how this'll carry through to cinema!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Out of all the Oscar-nominated performances in Silver Linings Playbook, de Niro's confuses me the most. He has one scene in which he cries a bit, and that's pretty much it in terms of 'performance'. Although the entire Best Supporting Actor category this year is completely WTF; I honestly wouldn't be surprised if any of the nominees won.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
He has one scene in which he cries a bit, and that's pretty much it in terms of 'performance'.
That's somewhat similar to Hathaway's few minutes in Les Miserables, but they were good minutes, so maybe that one notable scene was enough to boost him to a nomination. I wouldn't be surprised at any of the nominees winning, either.

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
Years
Out of all the Oscar-nominated performances in Silver Linings Playbook, de Niro's confuses me the most. He has one scene in which he cries a bit, and that's pretty much it in terms of 'performance'. Although the entire Best Supporting Actor category this year is completely WTF; I honestly wouldn't be surprised if any of the nominees won.

I thought he was fine throughout the film. I was most impressed by Hoffman among the five, but I think I'd rather see De Niro walk away with a third Oscar than Hoffman with a second. I agree though, I hate the line-up.

My favourite supporting performances by men last year:-

1. Dwight Henry, Beasts of the Southern Wild
2. Leonardo DiCaprio, Django Unchained
3. Eddie Redmayne, Les Misérables
4. Philip Seymour Hoffman, The Master
5. Hans Olav Brenner, Oslo, August 31st

*shrug*

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I have to do a Top 10 because I was surprised at how many male supporting performances I liked, when I went through the list of films I saw last year:
  1. Sam Rockwell - Seven Psychopaths
  2. Jason Clarke - Zero Dark Thirty
  3. Samuel L Jackson - Django Unchained
  4. Matthew MacFayden - Anna Karenina
  5. Ezra Miller - The Perks of Being a Wallflower
  6. Bruce Willis - Moonrise Kingdom
  7. Matthew McConaughey - Magic Mike
  8. Jude Law - Anna Karenina
  9. Dwight Henry - Beasts of the Southern Wild
  10. Edgar Ramirez - Zero Dark Thirty

Years
Mr Dog, where do you make the time to see so many movies? Or really, how can you afford to? :o

I want to see lots and lots of movies (even though I have bad impressions of lots of them I still want to see them just to know for sure) but they either have short runs (or don't show at all) at my theatre so I never get a chance to see them, or they all come out at the same time and I can't afford to see them all.

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
Years
Mr Dog, where do you make the time to see so many movies? Or really, how can you afford to? :o

I want to see lots and lots of movies (even though I have bad impressions of lots of them I still want to see them just to know for sure) but they either have short runs (or don't show at all) at my theatre so I never get a chance to see them, or they all come out at the same time and I can't afford to see them all.

You should try getting your films through, uh, "surreptitious methods". :x I know I have to.

EDIT: Also Scarf, I looked up your last.fm. Sigur Ros <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back