• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]New Gyms? Gym Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
I want Homika to at least have a Scolipede really. That's all I want, and GameFreak can put whatever in the next slot. :[

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
I want Homika to at least have a Scolipede really. That's all I want, and GameFreak can put whatever in the next slot. :[
It definitely suits her with that guitar. If and when they possibly have that rematch option added by the gym leaders this time, it shouldn't matter what she has from the start or not? Since it'd seem like many of us would be battling her like crazy anyway! :bandit: (Judging that she will have full party of 6 anyway and Scolipede would be highly added to her party then!) Wanted to share a photo of Homika from the anime:
Spoiler:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I just hope that her Scoliopede has Poison Point... God, I hate facing Pokemon with that ability... Same thing with Elesa's Static-equipped Emolga in the originals...

With that said, though, she and Clay would be my choices for Gym Leaders in B/W that I would like to see return... either as Gym Leaders again or being promoted to Elite Four. The rest of the Gym Leaders in B/W never really resonated with me:/

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I have a feeling that we might be getting another steal gym in this game, he or she could have Lucario and Metagross, two confirmed pokemon to be in this game.
I also want Elesa and Clay to return, Clay doesn't seem like the one retire...maybe he was promoted to the E4 after the way he helped gather the leaders against Team Plasma's Sages.

Years
Hey I just had a new idea. :shocked: What if this new Professor, Akuroma, has his own Gym!? This could be that groundbreaking idea that Game Freak has been dying to tell us. He could be another Gary Gym with all it's varied Pokemon and whatnot. Well, of course he has the decision of picking Pokemon from 3 different regions so varied teams are definitely a must.
If this comes true I'll call myself the "Seer of Pokemon Games". :laugh:
The pictures below are from the Pokemon wiki and apparently I use the pictures below under the U.S. copyright law of Fair Use.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Hey I just had a new idea. :shocked: What if this new Professor, Akuroma, has his own Gym!? This could be that groundbreaking idea that Game Freak has been dying to tell us. He could be another Gary Gym with all it's varied Pokemon and whatnot. Well, of course he has the decision of picking Pokemon from 3 different regions so varied teams are definitely a must.
If this comes true I'll call myself the "Seer of Pokemon Games". :laugh:
The pictures below are from the Pokemon wiki and apparently I use the pictures below under the U.S. copyright law of Fair Use.

If Akuroma does turn out to be one of the Gym Leaders, then what type will he specialize in? Psychic (that's my guess)?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Oh wow, didn't think of that. Maybe he could be the new flying leader cause of his hair and Skyla's new job is to transport people to the mountain. :x

Years
Professor's Gym?

If Game Freak tries to make the Black 2/White 2 games fresher, should the Professors have a Gym to themselves? We all know they're capable of becoming a Gym leader but should our random region Professor/next door neighbor stand in the way of our dream to become a Pokemon champion because as Arceus knows we can't become a Pokemon Master :(.
Is this ethical at all, to have your mentor stand in your way to become a Pokemon Champion?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
That would be an interesting twist to the game...also Akuroma is a Researcher not a Professor. Which could help the speculation further as each Gym Leader basically researches their own specific type. Bugsy was just a Super Bug Catcher and Blain was a Scientist.

You could say that a Roark was a Researcher of sorts with his love for fossils.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
And Steven who loved stones
Anyways, the proffesor being a gym leader would be interesting, and considering he reseaches strength he'll most likely be a fighting gym leader.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Akuroma as a Gym Leader? That's interesting. It would be epic to have a battle with him, though him being the Professor not only makes me wonder what type of Pokémon he could have, but what city/town will the gym be at, and when do we get to battle him? I wouldn't expect to battle him early on.

I think he may as well be our multi-type gym maybe?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Fighting leader? Boringgg. Give him a deep role or something related to how he looks plz, or just go with the multi-leader as mentioned, and he could be the leader for the first city which you don't battle til the end. :3

Years
I also want Elesa and Clay to return
If Elesa does return she needs a new outfit. Not that the one is bad, but if you're a model you need new outfits. And if she does reappear and does have a new look I could maybe see her having a new type specialty to match it, but doubt they'd do something like that as much as it would be a fun twist.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
If Elesa does return she needs a new outfit. Not that the one is bad, but if you're a model you need new outfits. And if she does reappear and does have a new look I could maybe see her having a new type specialty to match it, but doubt they'd do something like that as much as it would be a fun twist.

I would think that it's pretty much a given fact that they would change at least a little something, especially considering these are sequels, and not remakes. Clay definitely needs something other than those chaps. Good lord man.

I doubt that the leaders themselves would have changed type. maybe the gym's main type if the previous leader is no longer there, but not the leader themselves. Though, it would be a nice little twist.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
That is true. If she changes outfits, she should have a different hairstyle too though. maybe she'd have been the one to set the crazy hair trend, pretty believable to me
I would think that it's pretty much a given fact that they would change at least a little something, especially considering these are sequels, and not remakes. Clay definitely needs something other than those chaps. Good lord man.

I doubt that the leaders themselves would have changed type. maybe the gym's main type if the previous leader is no longer there, but not the leader themselves. Though, it would be a nice little twist.
Though the Gym Leaders don't seem all that young (like the leaders in RSE), maybe they could have possibly settled to follow another dream. Not necessarily go into an entirely new direction in the region, but take on a new type of Gym Pokémon. It's still possible, I mean like you said, these are sequels.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
If Homika is really first leader I think she might have Venipede and Skorupi. Skorupi has suitable stats for first leader's Pokemon.

Bulbapedia says that Shizui speaks Kyushu dialect in Japanese version. Hoenn is Kyushu's counterpart, does that mean he's from Hoenn? If that's true, he might have Ludicolo which would suit his gym. He could also have Corphish and Chinchou which is common in Hoenn's underwater.

tj4bigred

Instant Classic
Years
I just want a dark type gym, considering there has never been one before. They have to make one eventually, right?

With Sneasel, Purrloin, Sandile, Scraggy, Vullaby, Zorua, Pawniard, Deino, and Umbreon, I gotta think you could make a pretty good gym. (I'm not including Tyranitar for obvious enough reasons)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I just want a dark type gym, considering there has never been one before. They have to make one eventually, right?

With Sneasel, Purrloin, Sandile, Scraggy, Vullaby, Zorua, Pawniard, Deino, and Umbreon, I gotta think you could make a pretty good gym. (I'm not including Tyranitar for obvious enough reasons)

Well if it's the last one, basically hmm, I'd say out of those, the evos of Pawniard, Deino, Scraggy and Sandile are likely. Others don't really seem like they'd fit the last gym :(

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
I can see Umbreon being part of a dark type Gym Leader team. I mean Eevee keeps appearing in the trailers, certainly one of the Gym Leaders should have the evolution of one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back