• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I had to start mine later than I planned due to moving all weekend (still got the kitchen at the old place to finish cleaning out today... frustrations all around).

But I did manage to play long enough to get to the battle with the Proffessor, and spent two housr soft resetting to get a female Squirtle. On my copy of Y. On X I am about to face the first gym leader, but I will plan on resetting for a female Charmander when I get to the Proff, wish me luck.

Anyone else NOT playing it in English? I'm playing it in German on my X(although yes, playing in English on my Y). I wish this had been an option in previous generations.

Kind of curious. With previous Generations if I was able to order a German copy of say Platinum would it play on my North American DS, or would I need a German DS as well? I am thinking that it would be nice to play Platinum in German, although mostly to RNG things in it(or to do that with HG/SS).

The games up to B1/W1 are not region locked. I can play my German Black on my 3DS XL no problem.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
So many trades aaaaaah D:

I can play my Japanese White on my lite, haven't tried 3DS yet, but those are definitely not region locked.

Reactions: EB
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Is there a company that carries foreign language ds games in the united states? Or do I need to check ebay in foreign markets? Any advice, or suggestions?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
I found my Japanese White Complete In Box on ebay for a reasonable price. Amazon also has some foreign games. As with anything online, you have to search and find the best price for what you want.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
I've gotten games from both ebay and Amazon. Prices were fairly the same I think if you want the games brand new. Just do a bit of research like EV said to see what's fits your budget. :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Thanks guys. I will certainly do my research. I have my birthday coming up next month, and I think I need to find a way to hint to my wife that she needs to get me another game....

Well, last night I didn't get to play long before my battery died, but I did get my second starter! Interestingly I got a female Charmander on the first try. I did a double take even after I saved my game I was second guessing and thinking I imagined it.

Years
Hello. Could some one please teach me the art of breeding for Gen VI.
I'm looking to make a Froakie with perfect IV's
What would I have to do to become a master breeder?

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
For those of you that are doing a lot of breeding...apparently when a parent holds "Destiny Knot" it causes the child to inherit 5 random IVs instead of 3. Serebii confirmed, etc.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
For those of you that are doing a lot of breeding...apparently when a parent holds "Destiny Knot" it causes the child to inherit 5 random IVs instead of 3. Serebii confirmed, etc.

WOW! That is one way to make RNGing a lot less neccessary. Once we have access to transporter and can send perfect Ditto's into the game we can start breeding perfect/near perfect in Gen VI!

Does anyone know if the rumor I heard of hidden abilities now being able to be inherited from a male pokemon are true? And if so does that now work when breeding with a Ditto? I saw somewhere yesterday(can't find link) that someone claimed to have bred a Torchic in VI that had speed boost.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Weeeeeeeeeeell I'm gonna start IV breeding tonight. I have a pair with high 20s and 3 31s. That should be a good start, aye?
... I need Dittos. Hah.

Interesting... does that mean there is a list of base stats on the new Pokemon then?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
I got every nature for Synch Ralts except Quirky (but who needs Quirky anyways haha) so I'll be using them to capture Dittos. If I get doubles you can have them Griffy :p I have tons of extra Ralts with Synchronize if anyone needs them too. Bred almost 3 boxes full D: Wonder what else will help breeding especially there probably won't be RNG for a long while.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Anyone still trading on gen 4 :3

Probably. Just too much excitement over the new generation. I do not trade often in any generation(except amongst my own games of course) because I have very limited time online, so coordinating a time to trade is next to impossible.

I am still working on capture/breeding projects on Gen III, AND I am about to reset my extra copy of Platinum so I can RNG a fancy looking Trainer ID (followed by pretty much a speed run, and RNGing every legendary in the game). So trust me, there's people PLAYING Gen IV and V still, and I suspect that until (if it ever is) the encryption is broken in Gen VI and we can RNG in the new games, that people will be doing a lot of breeding and capturing in Gen IV and V still so they can migrate perfect IV combinations forward for breeding.

Any input appreciated if someone wants to help me pick my next RNGed Trainer ID. I want something "geeky". My Black Trainer is named Rush and has 02112 as the ID(after the classic album by the band Rush, "2112"). My White is named Farrah and has 42042 as the ID (Named for Amy Farrah Fowler from Big Bang theory... and not only is "42" the answer to Life the Universe and Everything" from "Hitchhikers Guide" it is also Amy Farrah Fowler's apt number.). My extra copies I always set the player character to a girl, so I am looking for a geeky girl name, along with a number to match. I'm having total lack of inspiraction at the moment on this one, and I'm giving myself a few days to think of the perfect one. [FYI: I RNG Trainer ID's only for vanity purposes, I do not need it to help me hit a specific shiny spread]

Now back to my little adventure in X/Y...

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Congratulations Griff! I bet it's awesome. I can't wait until I find a random shiny!

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Gosh breeding is so hard without having access to my Ditto's from BW2 :( Luckily I've gotten someone with Ditto in their FS so it should be a bit easier.

Gonna start with a Fennekin, so far I've gotten a modest Fennekin with 31 SpA IVs, complete luck though with that. At least it's a start. :P

If I get this Fennekin nailed down I'm gonna start on breeding baby mega Pokemon. :]

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Gosh breeding is so hard without having access to my Ditto's from BW2 :( Luckily I've gotten someone with Ditto in their FS so it should be a bit easier.

Gonna start with a Fennekin, so far I've gotten a modest Fennekin with 31 SpA IVs, complete luck though with that. At least it's a start. :P

If I get this Fennekin nailed down I'm gonna start on breeding baby mega Pokemon. :]

Not knowing how long before I would get a Ditto is why I had patience to soft reset for a female starter. Took two resets on Y for a female.... followed by two hours of resetting for my female Charmander. On X I hit both starters female on the first try, which made the other attemt feel more worth it.

Anyone here try out Wonder Trades yet? I figured I would get crap and just hoped it would be foreign language crap. Got ok stuff, but so far in English. Wish you could cancel a trade upon seeing country of origin but before seeing what you are getting. Oh, well. It is a fun little toy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back