• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my OU team

vPHOTONv

Breeder/EV Trainer
Years
Well I posted my UU team nobody seemed to like that, or I am just a thread killer.

Anyways, this team I think is done, I need to recheck it maybe finish it up but I think it's all done. I have tested it on PO maybe or maybe not the best choice but it gives me a basic idea of how well it works, I am not so great about spotting counters, so loosing happens but it's OH well.

Lead

Mamoswine@Focus Sash
Snow Cloak
Adamant
EV spread: Atk 252 Spe 252 HP 4

Earth Quake
Stealth Rock
Ice Shard
Stone Edge

I actually used this as my Late game physical sweeper, but found out SR leading made him much easier to use, even if he becomes death fodder.
First I will get up an SR if they hit me down to the sash it is fine, his job is done, depending weather or not I can pull off and EQ or Stone Edge I will. I end up using Ice Shard more though, since it is like the opposing leads SR damage, making it easier for the rest of the team.

Special Sweeper

Porygon-Z@Expert Belt (shiny BTW)
Adaptability
Modest
EV Spread: Sp.A 252 Spe 252 Def 4

Nasty Plot
Dark Pulse
Psychic
Ice Beam

Main spec sweeper here, I know it is slow and all, but it's about the coolest pokemon ever. I go with the move set because it is simple and makes a great counter. I can switch in on most ghost moves if I predict right take no damage and hit it with Dark Pulse. Ice Beam hits I think 5 different types most of them being common OU pokemon. Lastly is Psychic sorta specific, since it is geared to hit those stupid fighting types that happen to try to take it down. I might switch it to Tri Attack so I can have a hard hitting nutural damage atk. Lastly Nasty Plot, ahh this may seem like a questionable move right here, agility could do much better, but if I have a chance to set up his Sp.A will raise to 805 making it a scary hit to anything.

Mix Sweeper

Dragonite@Life Orb
Inner Focus
Lonely
EV spread: Atk 56 Spe 252 Sp.A 200

Draco Meteor
Roost
Thunder Bolt
Superpower

Simple set works well for me though, haven't had many problems with it yet, except the stat drops. Super Power is to hit Ice, Normal, Rock, Dark, and Steel types. Nice move but hate the stat drop. Roost is to prolong and Sweep I may be able to pull off or just stall somebody out as long as I can. Thunder Bolt is to hit water types that have Ice moves that will devastate me. Lastly Draco Meteor it's a nice little move that can rack up an OKHO if pulled off right, I treat it like a banded/Scarf poke though pulling it in so I can erase the stat changes.

Physical Sweeper

Electivire@Expert Belt
Motor Drive
Adamant
EV Spread: Atk 252 Spe 252 Hp 4

Cross Chop
Thunder Punch
Ice Punch
Earth Quake

I doubt anything is needed to be explained here, he hits 13 out of the 17 types with Super Effective damage, all of them being OU.

Physical Sweeper/Tank

Metagross@Life Orb
Clear Body
Adamant
EV Spread: HP 60 Atk 252 Spe 196

Agility/Rock Polish
Meteor Mash
Thunder Punch
Earth Quake

I have Agility and RP up because even though they are the same thing I like to switch them up, can confuse people but RP Scene is cooler then Agility.
Other then that, I love this thing like you wouldn't even be able to explain, setting up on them put's it's Spe up to 450 Spe, making it out pace everything that might pose a threat. Meteor is to hit things with a nice amount of Stab damage, Thunder Punch is to hit those Water Types again. EQ is to hit well everything else, Opposing Grosses, Heatrans, T-Tar Etc.

Little story real fast, in an earlier battle I ended up being stuck with this same gross, I was fearing the worst, and ended up Setting up an Agility, I swept 4 pokies and this was my last, after orb damage and what not I was left at 4 HP end of the match.

Special Sweeper/Heatran Counter

Celebi@Leftovers
Natural Cure
Modest
EV Spread: Sp.A 252 Spe 252 HP 4

Nasty Plot
Recover
Earth Power
Grass Knot

This is my by far favorite Heatran counter around. Most people instinctively shoot for a ran if they got one, just to OHKO it. But if it is not Scarfed or bulky then it will be taken down with 1 EP without a set up. Grass Knot is to OHKO everything that enjoys being fat and happy, T-Tar being one of the bigger ones. Recover is just to stall as long as possible, and Nast Plot is after or before I know a Heatran is coming giving me time to set up. To allow KO's to be a certain.

Alternates

Lead 2/Tank

Swampert@Leftover
Torrent
Impish
EV Spred: HP 248 Def 216 Sp.D 44

Stealth Rock
Avalanche
Earth Quake
Protect

Being my alternate lead I actually haven't used her yet. Same thing applies though, but more of a wall. I have Avalanche on there because it is physical and slow, making it nice, it allows me to hit grass and dragon types with pretty much a base 120 atk, since it will move last and people always want to get rid of swampters so they almost always hit them.

Bulky Dragon Dance

Dragonite@leftovers
Inner Focus
Adamant
EV Spread: HP 252 Atk 54 Spe 212

Dragon Dance
Dragon Claw
Earth Quake
Roost

This is by far one of my most favorite sets right under the mix Atk. Since it is a bulky mon it is already a pain to take down, and this will always allow for me to set up at least one DD making a sweep really easy to pull off, if I can set up 2 then almost everything will be out ran, and hit hard. Roost is to make people mad. Using mental weaknesses against them, if you can't take something out you get irritated and focus on that one thing not what will come.

Last edited:

pokepro626

pokemon master
Years
  • uk
  • Seen Aug 4, 2011
OK

You have a fair share of types moves and stats but two dragonites will not help eventhough they are extremly useful in all battles. Also two ground types is slightly fair because they have a differ in stats but your choice not mine just trying too help no death threats plz

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
First off. You should only have 1 Pokemon of each species, meaning a Dragonite has to go. Otherwise not many people will challenge you because of the species clause.

I don't know how far this rule goes for RMT's but I'm pretty sure you have to choose 6 Pokemon.

You should try and find out the exact number for your Evs. It makes it easier for us to rate.

Snorelacks

Get rid of a Dragonite (Probably the mixed one) and you're good to go!
No, just kidding. This team needs some serious work, I'm sorry.

The first thing to address: Celebi is banned. BANNED. As in, unusable.
Second thing, you've activated species clause, which means you can't play on wifi or under flat rule.
Third thing, you've got 8 Pokemon. Get rid of the mixed Dragonite and the Celebi and you can legally use this team.
Fourth thing: This team seems to be randomly mashed together like a beginner's potato salad. The members don't seem to support each other in any way.
Fifth thing: Earthquake is definitely a great move, but that doesn't mean you can randomly add it to five movesets!

Also, you forgot abilities.

Think about this please. I'm sorry to be harsh.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
You have 8 Pokemon and 2 Dragonites...

Get rid of a Dragonite (Probably the mixed one) and you're good to go!
No, just kidding. This team needs some serious work, I'm sorry.

The first thing to address: Celebi is banned. BANNED. As in, unusable.
Second thing, you've activated species clause, which means you can't play on wifi or under flat rule.
Third thing, you've got 8 Pokemon. Get rid of the mixed Dragonite and the Celebi and you can legally use this team.
Fourth thing: This team seems to be randomly mashed together like a beginner's potato salad. The members don't seem to support each other in any way.
Fifth thing: Earthquake is definitely a great move, but that doesn't mean you can randomly add it to five movesets!

Also, you forgot abilities.

Think about this please. I'm sorry to be harsh.

Where'd you get the Celebi being banned from? Celebi is in OU. At least for the Smogon tiers; of which PC members use.

flamehaze94

Jeste!
Years
He stated he listed alternates but yeah... .___.

The format makes it very hard to tell. Err... If you feel like using Swampert might be used over Mamoswine then just make a little note in set comments so that we know or put them inside spoilers. Same with both Dragonite sets. You're missing out on some otherwise good rates, by doing unnecessary things.

vPHOTONv

Breeder/EV Trainer
Years
First and Formost I only use one dragonite at a time, I understand the species clause, but I alternate between the 2 depending on the battle. I will fix that up so it is easier to understand.

I also understand I have 8 pokemon posted, 2 of them being Alternates, I will make that more clear after I post this. As I stated in the actual post I use the 2 dragonites, but at seperate times, It just depends on who and how I feel like playing that day. Having Swampert and Mamo is the same thing, not used at the same time but both get used.
I will also gladly change the Alternates to full members of the team if you guys/gals think it may benefit me.

@ Snorlacks I am just going to point this out but you need to brush up on the teirs and what not IMO http://www.smogon.com/dp/tiers/ou there's a link, all my pokemon fall comfortably in there. I am playing 4th generation, making flat and wifi well pointless for me, since I can't do them.

But since I feel like being nice today, I won't do anything stupid, like leading me to a ban, or the unsteady ground between me and somebody else. please Explain what I should change, to make my team more helpful for each other.

I will also add the Ability while I edit.

I would first like to say sorry to everybody for making this hard to understand, it was 2 AM my time when I posted this. It has been edited.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
The lack of STAB really hurts on Porygon-Z, making Adaptability go to waste. Try this out, if possible?:
-Nasty Plot
-Tri Attack
-Dark Pulse/Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power (Fighting)/Ice Beam
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb

Swampert is better off mixed:
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Ice Beam
-Protect/Roar/Surf
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 248 HP/216 Def/44 SDef
Item: Leftovers

vPHOTONv

Breeder/EV Trainer
Years
The lack of STAB really hurts on Porygon-Z, making Adaptability go to waste. Try this out, if possible?:
-Nasty Plot
-Tri Attack
-Dark Pulse/Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power (Fighting)/Ice Beam
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb

Swampert is better off mixed:
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Ice Beam
-Protect/Roar/Surf
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 248 HP/216 Def/44 SDef
Item: Leftovers

The porygon set has actually been running through my mind a lot, I have been highly considering going with the Tri attack, and switching to Timid. I just love looking at the 405 Sp.A haha. I am going to try that soon.

As for the Swampert, since it's nature and all I chose to avoid the special moves, and it is more physical anyways, let me try it out competitivly though. Just to check it out, I may switch to that set as well.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Hi. I'd like to suggest some changes to your Celebi set.

Firstly you really don't have much trouble with Heatran. Everything on your team carries a super-effective move and nothing is really flat-out walled unless you count Metagross who has trouble if Heatran has an Air Balloon. Secondly it's worth considering Giga Drain > Grass Knot on Celebi. One of its most common opportunities to switch in, Rotom-W, is hardly touched by Grass Knot. Giga Drain also provides you recovery, meaning you'll have to rely less on Recover. Plus, Giga Drain helps you actually beat Blissey if you get up to +6 (which is a situation I've been in before!). You don't need to run max Speed on Celebi either, just enough to outpace common threats and throw the rest in HP.

Celebi@Leftovers / Life Orb
Modest Nature (+SpA, -Atk)
EVs: 216 HP / 252 SpA / 40 Spe
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power Fire
- Recover / Earth Power / Psychic

Good luck with your team.

Back