• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The NPC Trainer Class Challenge V2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
The NPC Trainer Class Challenge!

Have you ever wanted to be one of your favorite NPC trainer classes in the game? Well now you can! You could be a Youngster, a Black Belt, a Sailor, and many more! You can even be one of the special stat Trainers found in Sinnoh. Each trainer class has different limitations, such as certain types, egg groups, and Pokemon locations, to make the game more challenging and interesting.

Trainer Classes!
Spoiler:

Rules!

1. Regarding trainer classes with more than one limitation, trainer classes with more than one parameter include Pokemon that fit either/any of the parameters, not necessarily all of them. I'm sure there are Pokemon that fit all the parameters of certain classes, but the challenge does not require that you only use them. To make this clearer, challengers of the Lass challenge don't have to use only Grass-type Pokemon in the Fairy egg group on the first five routes of the game. This means that you can use Grass-type Pokemon, Pokemon in the Fairy egg group, AND Pokemon that are found in the first five Routes.

2. You must have at least 3 Pokemon by the end of the challenge except in Pokemon Red, Blue, Green, and Yellow, in which the necessity is 2.

3. This should not happen, considering the broad parameters of most of the classes, but in the event that you can not obtain a Pokemon that fits one of your class's parameters before you get your third badge, you can either trade or hack ONE Pokemon that fits a parameter. If you trade, it must be before you get your first badge and it can not be over level 15. If you hack it in a ROM, use either a starter editor or a ROM randomizer to set one of the starters as a Pokemon that fits the parameters. It must not start at any level other than 5. In the game, simply hack in ONE Master Ball and set the wild Pokemon in the first Route to a Pokemon that fits the parameters, in its first stage.

4. Banned Pokemon: click here

5. Ultimate challengers and champions will be recorded in a separate list from single challengers. I consider an ultimate run to be a completed challenge in four different regions (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos).

6. Regarding ROM hacks:

a. Complete Pokedex hacks (Fire Red Omega, Blaze Black) are allowed for ultimate runs, and they will fill in for the region that they are played in. However, they are NOT allowed in the classes that require Pokemon from certain locations, as this lets you obtain Pokemon that are not usually accepted by normal means.

b. Total hacks are allowed, but they are only allowed under single runs.

c. You may use the Universal Pokemon Randomizer to edit ROMs visually if you so choose, and to remove trade evolutions, but you may not change any important aspects of this challenge, such as Pokemon typing, movesets, locations, etc.

6. Your signup must look like this:

Username: Feraligatr13
Trainer Class: Youngster
Game(s): Red, Gold, Ruby, Pearl, Black 2
Ultimate?: Yes

If your signup looks like this, however:

I want to do this, either Hiker or Scientist, and maybe Red or a 3rd gen game, don't know when I can start this though.

I will not accept it.

Single Challengers:
Spoiler:

Ultimate Challengers:
Spoiler:

Single Champions:
Spoiler:

Ultimate Champions:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Username: AoTora
Game: LeafGreen
Challenge: Poke Maniac.

Quick question: Am I only alowed to use pokemon in monster group only or can I use those that are in monster group and another group aswell (Starters and rhydon)?

tobyjoey

place text here
Years
Sorry AoTora, wasn't very clear on that. Yes you may use Pokemon in another group as well. As long as one of the egg groups is Monster, you can use it.

Years
Ok thankyou ^^ I will start tomorrow - and I cannot wait to start :3 I will have pretty nice team - One more question though - can I hack in Lickitung because I'd really like to use one but I have no idea on where to find one?

tobyjoey

place text here
Years
Welcome to the challenge, KoboraX! AoTora, if that lickitung would replace your starter, you could hack it in according to rule 9. However, if you were planning on using one of the starters as well, I am afraid you could not. :(

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
Name: Timbjerr
Game: Y
Challenge: Youngster

I'll probably ultimately attempt multiple challenges consecutively in this thread, so I'll begin at the top of the list. XD

This probably goes without saying, but for Kalos-based games, Route 1 shouldn't count toward the limitations on early-game routes as it contains no wild pokémon

Timbjerr

Years
I'm ending my first play session.

I chose Chespin as my starter and nicknamed him Ike (I'm gonna dump him eventually, but he's doing his job for a starter). I travelled fairly uneventfully through Santalune Forest (all the pokémon I wanna raise are on rt.22 and rt.4). Once I emerged from the forest, I ninja'd my way past those two preschoolers and snuck through Santalune City towards rt.22, where after a lot of searching, I found my first two party members, Simba the Litleo (real original nickname I know...) and Riolu (no nickname yet because I accidentally scrolled past the menu option). I then made my way back to the south end of rt.3 and saved for now...I'll get those preschoolers' exp. points next time. XD

Play time: 1:13
447MS.png
Riolu Lv.6
667MS.png
Simba Lv.6
650MS.png
Ike Lv.12

AngelicPikachu

"We're Ready"
Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2016
Name: AngelicPikachu
Game: Volt White 2
Challenge: Vetern

This is a nice different challenge I'll do it :) good luck to everyone else participating

Last edited:

tobyjoey

place text here
Years
Welcome to the challenge, Angelic Pikachu! You must be really crazy brave to do Volt White 2! As for my own progress on my Special Trainer Mira challenge, I have beat the first three gyms and beat the Rocket Hideout in Celadon.
003.png
Audrey 2 Lv. 41
065.png
Paula Lv. 39

Timbjerr

Years
Progress report:

I beat Viola unintentionally decimated Viola with Ike's Rollout and got the Bug Badge, then I caught three new pokémon on Rt.4, Hippie the Flabébé (it's a flower child, get it? XD), Samurend the male Ralts (lame pun for a future Gallade, but still...XD), and Thorns the Budew. There's one more pokémon I need from rt.22, but I need to come back with a fishing rod. ;P

My team is starting to come together. :D

play time 3:01
669-o.png
Hippie Lv.10 [Tackle, Vine Whip, Fairy Wind, Lucky Chant]
280.png
Samurend Lv.10 [Growl, Confusion, Double Team]
406.png
Thorns Lv.10 [Absorb, Growth, Water Sport, Stun Sore]
447.png
Riolu Lv.13 [Foresight, Quick Attack, Endure, Counter]
667.png
Simba Lv.13 [Headbutt, Leer, Ember, Work Up]
650.png
Ike Lv.14 [Bite, Growl, Vine Whip, Rollout]

tobyjoey

place text here
Years
Welp, time for a progress report of my own. I have beat the first 6 gyms and am preparing to travel to Cinnabar Island.
065.png
Paula Lv. 48
117.png
Queendra Lv. 48
145.png
Zeus Lv. 50
003.png
Audrey 2 Lv. 51

AngelicPikachu

"We're Ready"
Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2016
MY VOLT WHITE 2 VETERN RUN MINOR UPDATE

Spoiler:

Small Update:
Spoiler:

PCed (many 2 time evolvers)
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
I'd love to join!
Name: Alpha King
Game: Fire Red Omega
NPC: Special Trainer Mira (Sp.Attack based team)

It's okay that my NPC is Mira, but I pay as a male trainer right? Like my team is based off Mira's ideas, but I'm not being Mira? Silly question I know.

AngelicPikachu

"We're Ready"
Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2016
POKEMON VOLT WHITE 2
VETERN CHALLENGE
View attachment 71102
2/8

THE TEAM
Spoiler:

QUICK SUMMARY
Spoiler:

ADDED POKES IN PC:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Timbjerr

Years
lol, I haven't updated in a couple days...busy weekend. x_X

I made it to Lumiose City and past the Parfum Palace event, I just killed the required Snorlax fight. I already have three of them in my bank. XD

Once I made it to Ambrette Town, I grabbed the Old Rod and backtracked back to Rt.22 to fish up my final team member, Skulkraken the Magikarp.

After making it back to Ambrette, I finished the Glittering Cave event and made my way to Cyllage City. After a little bit of grinding on Rt.10 (wherein I found and captured a shiny Sigilyph that I'm gonna use as trade fodder down the road), I faced off against Grant and the rest of the Cyllage Gym. Grant himself went down quite effortlessly against my (newly-evolved) Lucario. I'm saving at the south end of Rt.10...preparing to advance further.

Badges: 2
Play Time: 11:00
Pokémon:
448.png
Anubis Lv.26 [Force Palm, Quick Attack, Endure, Copycat]
670-o.png
Hippie Lv.25 [Wish, Magical Leaf, Fairy Wind, lucky Chant]
130.png
Skulkraken Lv.25 [Splash, Tackle, Bite, Dragon Rage]
475.png
Psyblade Lv.25 [Slash, Confusion, Heal Pulse, Rock Smash]
315.png
Thorns Lv.25 [Giga Drain, Growth, Water Sport, Stun spore]
667.png
Simba Lv.25 [Headbutt, Noble Roar, Ember, Work Up]

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
Quick team update. I have 11 badges so far, and I really have to grind if I'm going to survive against Red.

Team Youngster Joey

raticate.png

Raticate (Raticate) M Lv. 46 @ Pink Bow
Moves: Dig, Strength, Super Fang, Hyper Fang

pidgeot.png

Pidgeot (Pidgeot) M Lv. 45 @ Quick Claw
Moves: Tackle, Sand-Attack, Wing Attack, Quick Attack

fearow.png

Fearow (Fearow) Lv. 46 M @ Amulet Coin
Moves: Drill Peck, Fly, Pursuit, Mirror Move​

AngelicPikachu

"We're Ready"