• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Arcanum OOC

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Let's see..
I plan on writing a post about getting the pokedex, followed up with a battle between the Kanto starters.

Then, Lynn will arrive at a grocer and everyone will be like:
"HEY! YOU'RE THE ONE WHO STOLE ALL OF OUR FOOD SUPPLIES!!"

And she will be all like: "B-but the fruit spirit forebade me from easting apples for a week!"

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
You wanna know about my plans? W-W-e-he-hell I was planning on a special scene with Soul and his grandfather, plus a creative way to store his Pokémon if he catches more than six!

@Miss Doronjo: Oh Lynn. You and your crazy antics... I've wondered, the way things are written from Lynn's perspective often have a very crazy and humorous touch to them. While on the other hand, Soul's perspective is a bit more "serious" (I use the term serious lightly since I'm not sure if Soul's description of things seem all that serious, they might be slightly overboard and maybe outright stupid.). Now I've been thinking about how it would look if two characters with these "distinctions" would meet. Although I've already seen the Lynn and Ethan join-post, that interaction was a bit short. But what I witnessed, I enjoyed. It would be even funnier if things like these happened in the future. Like exploiting Soul's fear of fire muahahahahahahaa!!!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Sounds good, Arietta :D uh, I mean Doronjo. Or Shawn. Ah, you mr manynames ;p Lynn is indeed humorous but I love how different your writing styles are. I'll be trying to make Chai a bit more humorous as well, but the main thing I want to give her posts is the feeling of presence, like the scenery is alive. Hm, the last posts I made with her are a bit rushed, I guess. I'll try to do better in the future. And I've got to catch up :] but I can't go making several posts in a row. Well, I can but :p it wouldn't really be neat. So I'm waiting for someone else to post before I post again.

Soul would be terrified of Flareon..! It will be nice to see some interaction~

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
@RHCP: Well, I'm still working with The warden on the joint-post, so hold on!

I've noticed that. I've also noticed that while others write descriptive posts about the environment, I'm not so good at that. So I instead try to make descriptive posts, detailing the characters, like how they feel and such...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
@RHCP: Well, I'm still working with The warden on the joint-post, so hold on!

I've noticed that. I've also noticed that while others write descriptive posts about the environment, I'm not so good at that. So I instead try to make descriptive posts, detailing the characters, like how they feel and such...

I'm waiting for epicness~

That is good too! Like I said, everyone has different writing styles and yours is good :]
Det är lite orättvist när man inte har engelska som förstahandsspråk också :p

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
Aw snap I see epicness in the works! I'd be liking to work on my unfinished post, but having spent the entire of yesterday evening grappling with the contraption called the INTERNETZ that was impossible. And today is a holiday that I have been sick through so MAYBE TOMORROW. (begs)

Warning: there will be KNIGHTS!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Aw snap I see epicness in the works! I'd be liking to work on my unfinished post, but having spent the entire of yesterday evening grappling with the contraption called the INTERNETZ that was impossible. And today is a holiday that I have been sick through so MAYBE TOMORROW. (begs)

Warning: there will be KNIGHTS!

Finally someone entering the next route! I'm trying to think up interesting things for my character to do on the first route now.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Mind if I ask a question for everyone? :3

How many pokemon do you plan on catching?

Because I've been thinking about catching 10 pokemon... but that's a lot of personalities to handle, hehe.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024

I'm not sure either... I'm trying to not put up too many "crappy" pokémon in these first routes because I figure you'll want to capture good ones as soon as you see them. But I kind of put out pokémon on the routes depending on what kind of area they seemed to rather want to live in. Like, in the east Arcanum, there will be a savannah. And a mythical forest, pretty much. Compared to the more jungle like forest you'll run in to soon.

So if you are going to only capture 10 pokémon, you gotta choose them well :] I do realize it might be tricky to come up with good personalities for them after a while. I gotta think about my future team too, hm. Nah. I'll take it as I go along, otherwise it wouldn't be fair, would it?

I don't think I'll even plan how many pokémon I want to capture. Perhaps one of each type or something.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Maybe 10 IS a small number? ^^;

Well, idk. My first steps into a pokemon RP is to catch 10 pokemon; the rest are those that I really, really like~ ;3;

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
More than 30, definitely, if I get the chance xD;

Even if I don't end up using even half of those Pokemon, Lucas will definitely end up catching most of the Pokemon he sees, mainly because he's so greedy and curious about Pokemon xD;; Too bad I'm posting too slowly though... I'll have to work hard towards posting more ;;

The warden

I'm back!
Years

I don't know. I think that Kitaru will have filled out his team before he finishes with route 11. I plan just to have him attempt to catch whatever catches my eye. If I were to be realistic I wouldn't have him catch more than a dozen as that seems a reasonable number, but I don't intend to do this as it would ruin my fun :(. I have no master plan, just a lot of threads from which I aim to weave a coherent story.

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
How many do I plan on having Soul catch? Well, if there is a Pokémon that interests me, I'll have Soul catch it! Simple as that. Although there won't really be Pokémon that my other characters already have in Soul's Team-Mix. I like to keep things varied. I mean, there's like over 600 Pokémon now! I can pretty much have my characters take any Poké they want!

Wait... Mystical Forest? Jungle? I SENSE MOAR BUG-TYPES!!1!1!11!!!!!1!!! RAAAAAAAAAWWWWWGGGRRRRGHHHHHHH!!1!-!-!!!!!1!1!/!2!1!!-!-!1'!! *goes bats*** insane and then faints*
Sorry, I just REALLY like Bug-types :P

Jag väntar på den där Rattata:n Red, jag väntar...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Jag väntar på den där Rattata:n Red, jag väntar...

XD jag ska kasta ett special event på dig i ruinen vi kommer till snart, you just wait ;p

I have no master plan, just a lot of threads from which I aim to weave a coherent story.
That sounds really good. Your stories are all interesting to me :]

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
Years
  • Age 34
  • PA
  • Seen Aug 19, 2020
Hey everyone I am back, sorry for the long hiatus. Had some computer issues and what not. Should have a post up by tomorrow or Friday at the latest.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Good to see you back, Beo! Post when you feel like you can.

I'm posting as well, trying to come up with ways to make Chai an interesting figure rather than as pale as I think her SU makes her seem xD To start off with, she has a Leafeon who thinks he is a king. Totally not inspired by a certain Kiseki...

Last edited:
Back