• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

knizz' beginner-unfriendly tut for adding more lines to the copyright-screen (ruby)

knizz

Years
  • Seen Oct 28, 2020
Use Un-LZ to modify the tileset (Pos: 08e9c798 Nr.: 1635) and write the new position to 0813b848 The tilemap is stored at 08e9ca44. Open this tilemap in a hex-editor. You'll see something like "01 00 01 00 ... 02 00 03 00 04 00 01 00 01 00". "01 00" is an empty tile. "02 00" is a (c)-tile. The distance of two "02 00" is the lenght of one line. Go to the last "02 00" and add this distance to your current position. Now type "02 00 03 00 04 00 05 00 01 00 01 00 01 00". Continue counting from 2b for each tile. "2b 00" for one tile. "2b 00 2c 00" for two tiles. etc.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 6, 2014
where do i get a hex editor from? im confused where to look

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
dude, its called google.
and wow knizz O_O
good find :thumbs up:
although, i don't use ruby :P
so, a tile map is artificially created directly into memory with a routine, is that what i'm understanding?

Acronell

www.poilkjmn.info
Years
Awesome Knizz, this information is wicked helpful, though a bit confusing at first.

dude, its called google.
and wow knizz O_O
good find :thumbs up:
although, i don't use ruby :P
so, a tile map is artificially created directly into memory with a routine, is that what i'm understanding?

So in theory I would be able to create a new RAW and convert it to HEX, so as to insert an entirely different image for the Copyright Screen? (other TuTs haven't been so helpful in this field for RUBY)

I mean, I know I would also have to change the tileset @1635 as well. but would it be feasible? (and I mean for someone who's lackluster in the knowledge of HEX).

knizz

Years
  • Seen Oct 28, 2020

So in theory I would be able to create a new RAW and convert it to HEX, so as to insert an entirely different image for the Copyright Screen? (other TuTs haven't been so helpful in this field for RUBY)

I mean, I know I would also have to change the tileset @1635 as well. but would it be feasible? (and I mean for someone who's lackluster in the knowledge of HEX).

I can understand none of you.

The tileset is compressed, tilemap isn't. They are both in the ROM. And the code in the first post shows how they are moved into the graphics-memory.

Acronell

www.poilkjmn.info
Years
yea, thats what i meant xD

Makes me feel like a genius xD

I'm crap at HEX though, and I lost my Workshop when my old notebook was stolen D:

I can't remember, but isn't there a program to insert just about anything, to any point in the ROM, that will repoint if you input a slot with enough free space? Would be dead helpful here if I could remember what it was.

Any idea?

I can understand none of you.

The tileset is compressed, tilemap isn't. They are both in the ROM. And the code in the first post shows how they are moved into the graphics-memory.

I understood that the TS is compressed, didn't know about the TM though.

The way you describe it makes it seem a little more complicated than I think it needs to be....but I'm probably wrong, as stated prior, I'm crap when it comes to HEX

Back