• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Asphar Version

Of which feature would you like to see a short video?

• A Storyline Event

Votes: 44 40.0%
  • The Revamped Intro

Votes: 18 16.4%
  • The Battle System

Votes: 38 34.5%
  • Training

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • The Laptop

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • The Menu

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Pokemon World

Votes: 39 35.5%
  • Move Selection

Votes: 12 10.9%
  • Something Else (please state)

Votes: 4 3.6%

• Total voters
Years
Hey everyone!

I am so so so sorry about the lack of updates/news/etc.

To put it plainly, I made a really stupid mistake a couple months ago, and have had to put up with a lot of consequences since.

BUT... that is all over and done with now - so I can get back to working on this game! :D

I have been doing a little bit of work on the game while I was gone, but unfortunately, not much.

I do, however, have just enough for a couple of screenshots - which I'll post later today.

Thanks for your patience & support. :)

PatJamma

From the ashes
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 8, 2022
wow this game looks like it will be good! i love the battle system that your doing too! quick question though if a ponyta broke a leg would that ponyta be doomed to die? also the thing that got me really interested was this: "Enviromental Training... Example: "See that big-ass rock, Pikachu? I want you to tackle it until it breaks."" best feature ever! anyway good luck with this!

Years
quick question though if a ponyta broke a leg would that ponyta be doomed to die?

Thanks. And to answer your question:

No, it wouldn't die from a broken leg, it would just be in pain - and not very handy in a battle either :P. I'm not saying that you still wouldn't be able to use it in battle, I'd just really advise against it - as well as the possibility of making the injury worse, I don't think the Ponyta would like/trust you anymore. But then again you may be put into a situation where you have no choice but to use the Ponyta - like if you are ambushed or something by a really strong Pokemon, or in the middle of some sort of storyline situation or...

I'm babbling lol

No. It wouldn't die. :)

Years
So Vampire was only taking a huge break, had me worried there! I wouldn't wanna see good game like this to be dropped :)
Your ideas are awesome and I hope you will be posting some progress, of course take the all time you can possibly get.

Years
Umm, that looks quite cool I love how you made Nidoking's Sprite so huge compared to the character, well Nidoking is larger than a human in my opinion. Also the tiles and effects in the screen look nice, keep up the good work!

I admire people who have such a talent

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Interesting concept of training a pokemon like that. Reminds me of the Digimon World games. You should set up entire areas for like "Training Centers" out the back of pokecenters or something lol.

Atomic Reactor

It reminds me of digimon world too.
You should set up a whole training facility :P

Years
I'm going to keep those screenshots til morning. There's a mistake or two I need to change first. The screenshots are of the new & improved intro - where you spend a few minutes playing as Alex (the hero's father), as he fights for his life on a sinking ship. ;)

Interesting concept of training a pokemon like that. Reminds me of the Digimon World games. You should set up entire areas for like "Training Centers" out the back of pokecenters or something lol.
Wow dude, that looks sweet.
It reminds me of digimon world too.
You should set up a whole training facility :P

Thanks for the comments guys :). I actually did get the idea from playing Digimon World DS lol.
And the 'Training Centers/Facilities' are already in the game in the form of Dojos too - but with more refined machinery instead of big rocks :P.

Years
Here's those screenies I promised. Needless to say they all look better in motion :P

Intro3-1.png
Intro-1.png

Intro2-1.png
Intro4.png

cadgod120

Your Rival
Years
It's probably just me, but I think that the outside decks are a bit big and empty. Otherwise, very good. I'm curious to see that explosion in motion.

Chaos Uxie

Spreading Chaos....
Years
wohoooo the game is still alive(man i got a lil worried that the game have been abounded or somethingT.T)and the battle training is totally awesome

Years
Thanks for the comments. I'll add something to the deck to make it look less empty. :)

The first part of a Pokemon's stat screen.
Stats.png

I'm really not sure on it, so any thoughts, comments & critique are appreciated.

Cheers.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Thanks for the comments. I'll add something to the deck to make it look less empty. :)

The first part of a Pokemon's stat screen.
Stats.png

I'm really not sure on it, so any thoughts, comments & critique are appreciated.

Cheers.

I actually really like it; the simplicity fits well, I think. I was wondering whether the other parts of the screen will have a similar style, though?

Years
I was wondering whether the other parts of the screen will have a similar style, though?

To be honest, the other part is what I'm really not sure on - mainly how I'm going to display the Atk/Def/Spd/etc.
Obviously they all have numerical values, but I really want to keep them hidden, especially for the same reason that I didn't include levels in this game - to make it more anime-ish.

So at the moment I'm experimenting with Bars, Colours, Ranks, etc, to see which feels best, but I'm still trying to keep the simplicity of the previous screenshot too. :)

Atomic Reactor

Idk what it's called lol. But like...
[][][][][][][][][][][][]
you would have that bar, then fill it up to the point that it's stat is.

Attack [O][O][O][O][][][][][]

except they would just be colored in :P

Years
I've always liked the rank/bar system.
Idk what it's called lol. But like...
[][][][][][][][][][][][]
you would have that bar, then fill it up to the point that it's stat is.

Attack [O][O][O][O][][][][][]

except they would just be colored in :P

That's exactly what I was thinking originally :P, and I've gone for something similar...

Stats2.png

...only the bars don't fill up, they just change colour. The 'redder' the bar, the stronger the stat.
The 'Ranks' go from Fragile to Legendary, with a lot of steps in between.
The colours represent how strong the stat is in relation to the rank.

So using the example above - My Bulbasaur is strong for it's rank, but when it moves up a rank (to Average), it'll be one of the weaker 'Average' ranked Pokemon.

Is that too complicated?

*Completely edited the first post. Took me a while to work out how to do it like I have, but got there in the end :D.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
That's exactly what I was thinking originally :P, and I've gone for something similar...

Stats2.png

...only the bars don't fill up, they just change colour. The 'redder' the bar, the stronger the stat.
The 'Ranks' go from Fragile to Legendary, with a lot of steps in between.
The colours represent how strong the stat is in relation to the rank.

So using the example above - My Bulbasaur is strong for it's rank, but when it moves up a rank (to Average), it'll be one of the weaker 'Average' ranked Pokemon.

Is that too complicated?

*Completely edited the first post. Took me a while to work out how to do it like I have, but got there in the end :D.

I really like the look of the screen.

A couple of questions though... How will it be determined when a Pokemon rises in rank, with the level of each stats or something else? And how many Ranks will there be, do you think? (Also there should be one called "Abominably Powerful" :P)

Back