• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] The International Idol Star Festival/Tournament! [T]

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
New post has been posted! The contest is officially underway! Follow the given directions regarding the primary round in your new post!

To the few that were sort of left off with their last posts, you'll have time to reflect somewhat on what may have happened next in the few minutes that you have or in the moment afterward, because the majority of you won't be up first to perform when I get back! In fact, Godzil will be the first!

Here's the posting order for the appeal round:
1. Godzil
2. Ewery
3. Jauntier
4. Ech
5. Djobi Djoba
6. Foxrally
7. Collector Elwood

...so you can plan those appeals out accordingly, if need be.

As of now, all I need when I get back from Aruba is that description post from each of you, and we'll be on our way to those appeals! And then the mystery round, o-ooh!

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
New post has been posted!​

HYPE

Bill-Murray-Laughs-Then-Turns-Sad.gif

tfw I see myself at number 6

Hmm, I want to get roasting ASAP. Where will all you guys be hanging about before the appeals? Interactioning must be done, I say.​

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 14, 2018
Disclosed said:

I'm so sorry that I went MIA on you! Work has been a mess lately, and I expect it will continue to be super busy for me, so I'd like to go ahead and cede my spot to anyone who will have an easier time being on than me. I know this is really messed up, and I'm sorry if I held you up.

I hope you won't hold it against me, I'll definitely try to keep an eye out on this though! I still think it's a really cool idea and wish you all the best!

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
you say, fox​
I'm so sorry that I went MIA on you! Work has been a mess lately, and I expect it will continue to be super busy for me, so I'd like to go ahead and cede my spot to anyone who will have an easier time being on than me. I know this is really messed up, and I'm sorry if I held you up.

I hope you won't hold it against me, I'll definitely try to keep an eye out on this though! I still think it's a really cool idea and wish you all the best!
It's no problem, really. I seriously appreciate that you let me know! I wish you the best of luck with your current situation too.

Regarding Kenji, he was mentioned offhand in, I think, two other posts. Would you feel alright if I constructed some reason for him to no longer be participating? Or would you rather the RP go on without mentioning that, or perhaps you have your own fitting idea regarding his absence?

But regarding the now vacant spot: I do have an idea of the person to give it to, the other person who signed up who had to be unfortunately overlooked, and that's Dud. I'll see if he'd like Rosaline (I believe was his character's name) to be coordinator #7 once we reach Round 2, since the action has just about begun.​

Ech

Years
  • Age 104
  • Seen Oct 30, 2018

Dammit.

I had some ideas for how my character would interact with yours. Guess Evil Ogre Carlos has to be the substitute

But there's literally no justifiable reason for anyone to get mad at you for your reason on departing. Roleplaying is just a hobby, and real life will always has priority over our personal fun. Sadly. Best of luck to you, though!

Foxrally said:
gonna roast me some marshmallows

Speaking of "interactioning", I want to see how explosive things can get when two very, very loud forces meet. The fact that Eric thinks he can pull off a better hairstyle than Hasting Gooses intrigues me. Better go read and figure out what to do, especially since I need compensate for the fact that I didn't conclude my first post properly!

ALSO, HERE'S YOUR GOSH DANG ERIC WITH DUMB SHADES YA MOOK, HE GETS A PINK POKETCH CUZ HE'S A GUUUUUUUURL

C7HqsIr.png

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
THAT'S A PINK POKETCH

raw

it's beautiful

Now I'm debating whether to make this my new profile pic (and joining Fen/Disclosed in the Echart avatar club) aaahhhhhh

NOW YOU MUST DRAW ALL THE CHARACTERS, EVEN DJOBI'S DEFUNCT OLD MAN WHICH IS THE NEW KAZE WHICH WAS THE PLAN ALL ALONG, AAAAHAHAHAHAHA

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 14, 2018
you say, fox​

It's no problem, really. I seriously appreciate that you let me know! I wish you the best of luck with your current situation too.

Regarding Kenji, he was mentioned offhand in, I think, two other posts. Would you feel alright if I constructed some reason for him to no longer be participating? Or would you rather the RP go on without mentioning that, or perhaps you have your own fitting idea regarding his absence?​

Thanks for being so understanding!

Also, I guess regarding Kenji, maybe he had some health issues, or the other judges found out he was in a relationship with Anne-Marie (the Beauty judge) and decided to disqualify him based on that so as to avoid conflicts of interest! (Yes, go with the second one, oh you poor innocent soul, you should've never given me the freedom to excuse his absence, huehuehuehue!!!)

EDIT: Also, Etch, I got to say I was really looking forward for my traditional old man to have serious qualms regarding your character's dubious… dubiousness. It's too bad that it won't happen here, but I'm sure we'll get to RP together at some point in the future and I'm looking forward to that, love your art style, and your quirky writing! (Also, as Fox mentioned, you are now honor-bound to draw a picture of Kenji making out with Anne Marie LeBeau)

Reactions: Ech

Ech

Years
  • Age 104
  • Seen Oct 30, 2018
NOW YOU MUST DRAW ALL THE CHARACTERS, EVEN DJOBI'S DEFUNCT OLD MAN WHICH IS THE NEW KAZE WHICH WAS THE PLAN ALL ALONG, AAAAHAHAHAHAHA

Hmm. I didn't realize Fox wanted to kill me so badly. Is this my retribution for all those salacious atrocities I shamelessly poured into Cornered? Or is it because of the pink Poketch. Probably pink poketch.

how do i even do koestler???

Jauntier can draw his own goddamn chara

EDIT: Also, Etch, I got to say I was really looking forward for my traditional old man to have serious qualms regarding your character's dubious… dubiousness. It's too bad that it won't happen here, but I'm sure we'll get to RP together at some point in the future and I'm looking forward to that, love your art style, and your quirky writing!

I actually can't tell if you're mispronouncing my name on purpose or not.

Aw, that's very nice of you, thank you for the compliments! Your departure only hurts more now. Still, I hope you come by here in the OOC and drop in to hang out with Orx or whoever else is stalking us; I doubt anyone here would mind.

(Also, as Fox mentioned, you are now honor-bound to draw a picture of Kenji making out with Anne Marie LeBeau)

"CARCOL WILL NOT ALLOW THIS!!"

xCVPzwa.png

"En garde."

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
lol Glad ya'll we're having fun despite my absence... for a little while.

Yeah, sure Djobi. Sure, I'll definitely do the last one.

Anyway, let's get the show back on the road, since I'm no longer away. Did people post? I hope so. Lemme go check.​

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
I will hopefully get a post in after work today. I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things after falling ill and work picking, but my post will be Soren already backstage getting his Pokemon primped for the appeals, since there's no reason to stick around after great reaction's he's already gotten.

That said, I have to read the posts and make sure no one's attempted to interact with my character before hand, otherwise it'll be a change of plan.

I sincerely apologize for my own delay. I should have mentioned my status earlier when I had the chance to, just to keep you all informed.

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
No, Jauntier. No one talked to your Yu-Gi-Oh character or their mangy dog either.

I'm easing back into things myself after vacation. On Sunday I browsed through the website, saw IIS and Cornered and went "OH GEE" but my motivation's steadily building up again. The ride's just begun...!

I actually changed the formatting entirely for my latest post, the one introducing the primary round. I might go back and alter the older posts with the same layout.

Godzil, Ewery, I promise I'll read you two's posts later today! And, regarding everyone else who hasn't posted for the primary thus far, definitely don't feel discouraged from asking questions or letting me know if you're having trouble getting something out. Regarding the transition into the appeal round, I'll give us two to three days to wrap up these primary posts--they really don't have to be that in-depth, as long as I'm given a fitting end description to work off of. If someone still doesn't finish in time, they'll be rushed onstage anyway with their Pokemon unprepared, which certainly wouldn't please the more outgoing judges and likely wouldn't earn them any points from the audience, and your characters would really want those points!​

Last edited:

Ech

Years
  • Age 104
  • Seen Oct 30, 2018
I suffer from sleep deprivation. I'm paranoid of everything. It's late and I have work tomorrow.

But I don't really care

Cause I always have my man to back me up

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Damn son, that's a high quality rip you've got there.

Oh wait Ech you posted, wtf, where have I been​

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
I'm all caught up with the primary round posts thus far. Very impressive efforts on behalf of all of the coordinators! I've plotted how the audience and judges will respond.

...I do feel terrible for Carcol regarding the latter.

Uh, but, deadline is the 15th! I'll start polishing my reply then. Here's the posting order for the upcoming appeal round again as a reminder:
1. Godzil
2. Ewery
3. Jauntier
4. Ech
5. ???
6. Foxrally
7. Collector Elwood

We'll discover the truth about Kenji when it's his time (or supposed to be his time) to perform.​

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
At this point, if you've haven't completed your post for the primary round, it will be too late. I've already determined the judges' reactions to those that did have something written in the many days given and they will be provided later today.

I apologize if any of you were working on anything last minute but we're not gonna get anywhere if I start getting passive as a game master.

Unless you're Jauntier and were literally two sentences away and are a huge bitch.

The comeuppance for this is that missing primary rounds will be a much bigger deal in the future.​

Last edited:

Ech

Years
  • Age 104
  • Seen Oct 30, 2018
Unless you're Jauntier and were literally two sentences away and are a huge bitch

I mean, isn't it appropriate? He uses female dog.

MAXIMUM CRINGE JOKE, KICKED, BANNED, COPULATED

I swear Jaunt's text box is gradually shrinking and becoming more and more narrow every time I go over his posts. It's shriveling up. On top of that, I feel like fonts don't appear properly for me. I think it's the Forum Style I am using. I should maybe change it to something. Maybe.

Hmm, since you've made it clear that failing to post a preparation set-up for the primary round can lead to unfortunate mishaps, I wonder if I should be super meta and deliberately not post anything for those events, just to force Carcol into a really bad situation. Though it's not set in stone, I do want to develop on Carcol's hidden depths (I swear, he has talent) and have him shine in the art of improv whenever he's at a major disadvantage.

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
I mean, isn't it appropriate? He uses female dog.

MAXIMUM CRINGE JOKE, KICKED, BANNED, COPULATED

I swear Jaunt's text box is gradually shrinking and becoming more and more narrow every time I go over his posts. It's shriveling up. On top of that, I feel like fonts don't appear properly for me. I think it's the Forum Style I am using. I should maybe change it to something. Maybe.

Hmm, since you've made it clear that failing to post a preparation set-up for the primary round can lead to unfortunate mishaps, I wonder if I should be super meta and deliberately not post anything for those events, just to force Carcol into a really bad situation. Though it's not set in stone, I do want to develop on Carcol's hidden depths (I swear, he has talent) and have him shine in the art of improv whenever he's at a major disadvantage.
Fifi is self-insert character confirmed. Jaunt would make his Pokesona formidable, cute and well-trimmed, wouldn't he? Fifi even drinks specially purified water. That can be a stand-in for his daiquiri obsession.

i will copulate u from my rp, i will

IT'S SHRIVELING UP LIKE HIS—

I saw those improv skills in that latest post. Elwood would be proud. Implying he does improvisation, just making a general theater connection. That's actually a great skill to have, especially when paired with his evidenced absentmindedness.

But that brings up one of the main things I need to be observant about and that's introducing everyone's characters to failure. I cannot pretend that with a roleplay like this the competitive nature will not influence the player themselves. More often than not you all will want your character to succeed and this may cause evasion of imperfect behavior out of that wanting to win. As highly appreciative as I am of players being willing to evidence the flaws of who they're playing as, it is also my job as a game master to lead characters into uncomfortable situations so that no one is just conveniently speeding ahead of the remaining competition. There are so many ways I can interpret or even misinterpret posts to give an unexpected outcome before it begins to seem a little asspull-y.​

Back