• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate My Team (Leaf Green)

Years
So I got back into playing some older Pokémon Games, and one of them I have never completed was Leaf Green. So I started a brand new game and now I'm back to the part where I originally got stuck at: The Elite Four.

Here is my current team and their levels. Please give me some feedback on what I should do to improve it and who I should put higher priority for battling the Elite Four.

Blastoise - Lv. 50
Hitmonchan - Lv. 50
Raichu - Lv 50
Pigeot - Lv. 46
Raticate - Lv. 46
Flareon - Lv. 50

Years
What moves do you have on them?
Blastoise - Hydro Cannon, Blizzard, Bite, and Surf
Hitmonchan - Fire Punch, Counter, Sky Uppercut, and Ice Punch
Raichu - Thunderbolt, Brick Break, Strength, and Thunder
Pidgeot - Fly, Aerial Ace, Steel Wing, and Quick Attack
Raticate - Super Fang, Cut, Toxic, and Hyper Fang
Flareon - Fire Blast, Bite, Dig, and Fire Spin

Years
Alright, Blastoise looks pretty good. Save the Blizzards for Lance.
Hitmonchan will do wonders on Bruno and the Champion's Rock types, as well as Lorelei's Jynx.
Raichu will be crucial against Lorelei, and Lance and the Champion's Gyarados.
Pidgeot looks good for Bruno
Blastoise and Flareon will have to deal with Agatha. Bite is all you have that will really do damage.
Raticate probably won't see any use. You might think about switching it out for maybe a psychic type?

Years
Alright, Blastoise looks pretty good. Save the Blizzards for Lance.
Hitmonchan will do wonders on Bruno and the Champion's Rock types, as well as Lorelei's Jynx.
Raichu will be crucial against Lorelei, and Lance and the Champion's Gyarados.
Pidgeot looks good for Bruno
Blastoise and Flareon will have to deal with Agatha. Bite is all you have that will really do damage.
Raticate probably won't see any use. You might think about switching it out for maybe a psychic type?
Thanks for the input! :D I could swap out Raticate for Hypno, though I would have to raise it 20 full levels to get it on par with my team.

Years
No Problem! :) Training could take a while. You'd probably be able to make it without Hypno, but you're gonna want your team to be around level 53-55, as Lorelei starts at level 51 with her lowest pokemon.

Years
No Problem! :) Training could take a while. You'd probably be able to make it without Hypno, but you're gonna want your team to be around level 53-55, as Lorelei starts at level 51 with her lowest pokemon.
Yeah, I've been leveling my Pokémon 50 on One Island, then eventually I'm gonna train on Victory Road as the wild Pokémon there are levels 40-50.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
One thing I would recommend is to perhaps replace Blastoise's Bite with some other move. Unfortunately, it's not that strong of an attack, so it'll give you a little more hard time taking opponents down than needed.

Back