• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
It was 1 in 2 earlier so I suppose it's better now. xD; Although maybe like 1 in 5 would have been just common enough to be attainable but still kinda rare.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Yeah, 20%'s not bad. If I were picking I'd go with like... 2%, so it's probably a good thing I'm not in charge. (I also dislike most shinies so I'm definitely biased in not wanting to see them as much, haha.)

edit: Oh, I actually just meant "how often does one appear as a shiny instead of just a non-shiny... not necessarily the odds for getting a specific Pokémon as a shiny. :P (Emphasis on "any" given in the question statement!)

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I like the usernames more than the avatars on shinies tbh. :3

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
That seems much more rarer of a chance than 1 and 3. But I've have had at least 5 shinies so far. Which either mean it happens somewhat rarely or I'm just lucky.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
The usernames are gorgeous. ♥ And I'm kinda split on actual shinies. Some are great-looking while others are just... gross.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I see you with a shiny Typhlosion now, good enough?

Cherrim

Years
I've seen myself with shiny about as much as normal. :[ I'd believe the 1 in 3 ratio.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
It's much harder to get a specific Pokémon than it is to just get any shiny. :( I've still got Dwebble & Pansage in any form left to get.

Cherrim

Years
I keep forgetting which posts are mine so it's really hard to scroll up and check in each thread whether I've gotten a favourite Pokémon or not. T_T;

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I've been triyng to get a shiny Treecko and shiny Umbreon.

So far I have gotten a normal Treecko. And also a shiny Arceus apparently.
tumblr_mkk6j9dwmo1rqyevyo1_1280.png

EPF4Cg0.jpg

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
^^ ....Oh. Oh that's a good way to do that. I've just been... remembering. Or glancing at the nature/gender in my postbit.

Cherrim

Years
I usually check for the Edit function in posts. Then I know which are mine.
You are much smarter than I. Thank you! xD;

(I have nature and extra stuff turned off to declutter the postbit so the edit button trick works really well... although I'm still used to ignoring it. :P)

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
It shows up if you quote anyone though, in the advanced reply. Kinda sad. :(

Cherrim

Years
Yeah, but I imagine that's the only way to make sure that later, when everything goes back to normal, posts from April 1, 2013 still make sense. You could still quote manually if you really want it to remain a mystery, I guess.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Yeah that's true. I'm assuming it's changed everywhere it can be changed, I mean it's even changed in the mouserover for post comments.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Aw yeah I noticed that earlier. :( But that's okay I guess because as far as I can tell people don't quote much. I mean personally I usually just highlight text & stick it in quote tags. ^^;

Cherrim

Years
Erica I have made Shinies slighly rarer now stop complaining :(
how did you know it was me?????? :P

relatedly: noooo, saw my first Cherrim on PC and it wasn't me. T___T /quits forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back